IGNORED

Agoda problem

Pinoydave

Used Agoda successfully many times for nearly a decade.

this time I’m having a few issues.......

it was a non-refundable booking, payment on arrival.....

but now I find out it’s a condo not a hotel, it doesn’t have 24 hour reception (which I wanted, which was in the description)

he is telling me the price is now us$300 not 120 I booked

i am fearing for my safety when I arrive late at night and they insist on the larger amount.......

he is insisting that I use Whats App rather than communicating through Agoda

i have started a complaint with Agoda but so far they’ve been dismissive.

as the booking was made in the UK what sort of recourse do I have???

Your credit card company should be able to chargeback any charges as the agreement has been breached. You will most likely be banned from Agoda for doing this but if they won't help you then who wants to use them anymore anyway.

• Like 2

First, don't ruin your holiday with this.  Book in somewhere else as this sounds very dodgy.  Then continue your complaint with Agoda and see where it takes you.  And don't deal with the guy through Whatsapp, it sounds too much like a con.

Agoda at the moment are defending the supplier...... I'm definitely not staying there !!!!! Too risky.....  I'll face the fallout when I get back 

I have used Agoda hundreds of times. Only ever had one small issue where I needed to call and it was sorted out (partially my fault).

Sounds like a real shitty situation.  I would focus on the money issue. If they are trying to charge you more than agreed, then that is definitely grounds for a cancellation and refund. I would be sending Agoda and email with evidence of the overcharging and phoning them. 

Not sure how you will get it sorted, but don't stay where you don't feel safe (and you are getting scammed). Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw this topic. Had a problem with Agoda 3 years ago when booking a hotel in Saigon. They claimed hotel was fully booked and brought me to a different place....quite aweful. Did complain to Agora with no help at all so booked a very nice hotel on my own....will not use Agoda  anymore and since I book between 30 to 40 nights per year....their loss though I guess they don’t care

Edited by Steph34