Sign in to follow this  
Oukiva

Visa soon restricted to 30 days !

Oukiva

Hi. I thought it was just some disinformation when I first read that on Internet in December,

but no, looks like some serious restriction for foreigners in Vietnam !

(2 quotes below taken from this ThaiVisa thread)

New rules go into effect 20 July 2020:

"Accordingly, the amended law stipulates that a foreigner will be allowed to remain for only 30 days in Vietnam when granted a 30-day or longer tourist visa"

https://vietnamnet.vn/en/society/police-profile-foreign-criminals-entering-vietnam-601182.html

"Vietnam’s current tourist visa is valid for up to three months, and the visa holder can stay in the country for the entire period at a stretch. Foreigners have taken advantage of this visa policy to enter Vietnam to commit technology-related crimes or work illegally."

Rings a bell, doesn't?

dnaliaht

It was only a matter of time before everyone heading to Vietnam on the cheap or to digital nomad forced changes to be made. This is only the beginning sadly, and then on to the next low cost country to ruin that too. 

sharpchedder

Ive been hearing mixed messages at this point. Some of the visa agents who have contacted people in the government are saying the even the government people are not sure how this is going to work out, not the first time it's been proposed. one thing they are saying is the normal 90day in/out will stick around for at least 90 days after the implementation of the law in july. it's been said that this is directly aimed at the illegal workers here without proper visa. I have to get another 1 year in the next couple weeks, if indeed the 30 day in/out becomes realty then it will be time to move along much sooner than expected.