Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Dollhouse XXX | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Dan About Thailand | Add your Text or Event here

Taa_Saparot

Air pollution

The Pattaya News

BANGKOK(NNT) – The level of PM 2.5 airborne dust measured today was higher than yesterday, with three provinces in the northern region including Lampang severely affected. In Bangkok, 40 areas were flagged with cautious levels of PM 2.5 dust today. The Pollution Control Department (PCD) and the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration’s (BMA) air quality readings at […]

The post Air quality worsens in Bangkok, outside activity discouraged by officials appeared first on The Pattaya News.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

ctp2018
Posted (edited)

I see that the air quality in Pattaya today is up to 156 (unhealthful). Hopefully, the on shore  flow of air will increase soon.

Edited by ctp2018

fickle

Cant see the Pattaya sign from my room in VT6 today. Air quality is awful

The Pattaya News

Air quality in Bangkok and its suburbs deteriorated even further this morning, with 50 areas now considered to be dangerous to health with levels of airborne PM2.5 dust particulate increasing to as much as 74 microns, well above the standard safe amount of 50 microns. According to readings taken from the city’s 72 air monitoring […]

The post Air quality worsens in Bangkok, Pattaya area noticeably smoggy appeared first on The Pattaya News.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

davidge

Yep. As bad as I’ve seen it. I’m in a top floor condo in Jomtien and I think I’ve only been able to see Na Jomtien once all trip. Been noticeably worse the last few days.

forcebwithu
15 hours ago, ctp2018 said:

I see that the air quality in Pattaya today is up to 156 (unhealthful). Hopefully, the on shore  flow of air will increase soon.

Now 167. This time of year it's only going to get worse.

For those traveling on the motorway, are the idiotic misters they have over the toll booth lanes to combat the pollution still going while we're also in the midst of a severe drought?

image.png

Barhop

Another reason I choose not to stay in Patts at this time of the year.  Just had a look at current readings:-

West Adelaide - 65 - 2.5 - Moderate (we are currently getting smoke often from those unfortunate areas, East Coast Australia and Kangaroo Island)

Laem Chabang - 155 - 2.5 - Unhealthy

June, July and August for me...

fickle

Terrible quality today, from my room in VT6 I could not see the Pattaya City sign on the side of the hill. 

AlexYao
Posted (edited)

Heavy smog from BKK at normal air quality can see Siracha,KoSichang,LaemChabang from same point.Compare wuth Australia fire:unsure:.about 75 by 2.5 scale.

P_20200109_183326_p.jpg

Edited by AlexYao

davidge

Already a couple of threads. I’ll merge again. 

AlexYao
2 minutes ago, davidge said:

Already a couple of threads. I’ll merge again. 

Sorry and thanks,not see this thread

jackjimbob

It's  pretty fucked will it get better?

AlexYao

2 minutes ago, jackjimbob said:

It's  pretty fucked will it get better?

Yes when got a wind from the north.All offical pray.:25:

AlexYao

Keep a deeeeeep breath.Next day more.Can't see Pattaya bay - 600 meters away.Any help from USA?

P_20200110_080343_p.jpg

Explorer8939

I guess we are suffering from winds coming from the north, so we are sharing Bangkok’s air pollution.

JoseThailand
1 hour ago, Explorer8939 said:

I guess we are suffering from winds coming from the north, so we are sharing Bangkok’s air pollution.

Actually in Pattaya the air is worse now than in Bangkok. 

You can zoom out the map and see where the winds are coming from.

https://www.airvisual.com/thailand/chon-buri/pattaya

JoseThailand
15 hours ago, fickle said:

Terrible quality today, from my room in VT6 I could not see the Pattaya City sign on the side of the hill. 

True, the pollution level is reported as Unhealthy. It's hard to breathe.

Edited by JoseThailand

Atlas

been here the last couple of weeks.... It seems to be getting worse day by day.... Hard to see Koh Larn form the shores of Patts or Jomtien... Sad really... 

Harry Brown

About 4 or 5 threads on the same topic merged into one.

golden_boy
On 09/01/2020 at 06:46, davidge said:

Yep. As bad as I’ve seen it. I’m in a top floor condo in Jomtien and I think I’ve only been able to see Na Jomtien once all trip. Been noticeably worse the last few days.

Recently got back from there. Top floor of VT2A facing pattaya side. Many days could not see the sea, hardly could make out Koh Larn on many if the dats. Remember 1 day I could barely see towards the top of thrappaya road. 

For about a week after ive been back my eyes have been streaming a few times with a bit of stinging. Put it down to the Air Quality.

Main thing ive noticed even in the last few years is how poor visibility is looking toward the sea from Balcony. I have compared videos I have from previous trips and its quite shocking to compare.

One if the thibgs I used to associate Thailand with (before my first trip) was a beautiful climate. Cannot really say that now, paticularly with Pattaya, which is a great shame. 

WalterA

I use this APP (IQ AirVisual) ...similar to a traffic light ... green is good, yellow is caution, red is terrible .... LOS and in particular Pattaya region is normally always in the yellow and red zone .... it’s terrible ... of all the things that are a nuisance in LOS , this is my number one issue because everything else can be resolved .... lead, chemicals and shit in your lungs can’t be fixed .... 

A62ACEFA-E913-4643-A0EE-31F9FABF845E.jpeg

8ABA140A-C583-47CB-A16F-E90F68A504F6.jpeg

564DB63E-5757-4980-958A-BE83E7BCF066.jpeg

FC35A61A-CC2B-4CC8-8A06-0852DB03EA56.jpeg

224AE2C8-19C5-4039-81FF-3252869AF32D.jpeg

taylor1975

You being a super healthy guy, i can see how its a concern. Maybe get a taxi to the doughnut shop??

jackjimbob

When is the best time of year to go Pattaya for freshest air? Although I know it'snever fresh I'm guessing rain could help clear out some of the pollution 

golden_boy

Heres one to consider. Just how many BM would stop going to Pattaya if the Air Quality (on a regular basis) become as toxic as areas of china, or chiang mai in burnng season. 

Forgetting about that currency stopping people coming. At what point would air quality/health stop you? Anything longerbthan a few days breathing in the smog/pollution in certain parts of china is the same as smoking 50 fags a day (according to the WHO). Whether its 50 fags or not, it will eventually destroy your lungs/eyes/heart.

I mentioned about a week ago after I got back from my last trip just recently fir about a week my eyes were stinging/streaming. Sure it was the pollution in the aur. Certain days it was real bad. Mist days it was still bad.