IGNORED

Jomtien....

Hi you all , who are loving a good ..very good dinner and wines....

what do you consider the best resto on Jomtien...not Prathamnak...but Jomtien...

Nathanan ? Laong?

any others?

thx

Lots of reviews in the Restaurant section.

I’ve done half a dozen of Jomtien Restaurants  in the last couple of weeks.

Difficult to say ‘best’ as cuisines vary so much.

I’ve not been to Laongs so can’t comment. There’s also a ‘fine dining’ place in VT7 that I haven’t tried (Moonlight?). I wouldn’t put any of the others in the same class as Bruno’s used to be.

L’Olivier and Yupins, both in Jomtien Complex worth a visit. A couple of ok Italians as well.

As I said, look in the Restaurants section and read the reviews.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

In Jomtien, I have eaten at Gian's, News grill, La Boca, Trattoria at the Bus station, Taste of Norway, Nathans, Akvavit, Masala Twist, India by Nature, Back Fabrik and have not been disappointed.

I have eaten at all of the non-Indian restaurants that the others have mentioned. I live here. I pretty much agree with what is being said.

IMO the best restaurant in Jomtien is Cafe des Amis, but it may be too far off the baht bus route for you. Other than that, IMO Gian's (Italian) is the best, but it is pricey for Italian food. Moonlight is ok, but pretty pricey for what you get.

I would also add Sandbar to the list. The food is good, not great, but the atmosphere right on Dongtan Beach makes it a good place to go.

As Davidge said there are lots of reviews in the Restaurant Section.

I will add that Natan's has its fans and I used to be one of them (for their fresh seafood dishes). But after my last couple of visits, I have taken them out of my rotation.

Edited by ChiFlyer

23 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

IMO the best restaurant in Jomtien is Cafe des Amis, but it may be too far off the baht bus route for you. 

No problem with mototaxi...

thx

just read an ad from l Auberge...790 b.for 4 courses.I think this changed owner as I recall the restaurant  as Stroganoff resto...you know something about this?

L Auberge is a nice little place, decent menu, been a few years since I have been bet was good whenever we went. I do pass this place often and never seems busy. From memory, good wine also.

40 minutes ago, djidji said:

No problem with mototaxi...

thx

just read an ad from l Auberge...790 b.for 4 courses.I think this changed owner as I recall the restaurant  as Stroganoff resto...you know something about this?

L'Auberge is on Pratumnak. I don't think it has changed hands recently, it had a couple of ownership changes a few years back.

4 hours ago, djidji said:

I am a fan of l'Auberge. I did not mention it earlier, as it is in Phratamnak. If you are willing to go into Phartamnak, some of the best restaurants in the greater Jomtien area are located there. In addition to l'Auberge, Au bon Coin and Comfort by Harlan are in this area. The Royal Cliff Grill Room is also in nearby Cozy Beach and that is very high end. They have a dress code.

Going back to l'Auberge, the food and wine are very good. I like the house Cotes du Rhone, as I am partial to reds. There is a thread for l'Auberge where Halfboy, myself, and some others discuss various dishes. Last time I dined at l'Auberge (about two months ago) the owner was the same as the previous few years.

All of the places that I am mentioning have their own threads here at PA in the Restaurant forum. Just do a simple search on the name. I like doing this as Title only within the target forum.

Oh, you might be interested in Aquapazza as well. The small Wine Connection place near to it has some good selections to take home.

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Thanks 2

Aquapazza seems busy most nights, Missus saw some Thai movistar in there eating a few weeks ago, nearly wet herself.

Worth mentioning that the outstanding Au Bon Coins is reservation only.

Edited by jimboh

43 minutes ago, jimboh said:

Worth mentioning that the outstanding Au Bon Coins is reservation only.

Good point.

Au bon Coin is also closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Quite a few of the restaurants mentioned above tend to be closed on Wednesdays.

I would normally add these pics to the Cafe des Amis thread, but they would be dupes there I am sure.

We went there tonight and the food was as good as usual. The bill was 3330 for the entrees, a Margarita, and two glasses of Shiraz.

Rack of Lamb

1537299873_CafedesAmis-A.thumb.jpg.3c7989e966b6b23d2d9ddfd06fa3e4df.jpg

Roast Duck in a Tart Cherry Sauce

1711119142_CafedesAmis-B.thumb.jpg.2e642f1fb003b93ad01ec6c6f0308da8.jpg

Highly recommended for high end dining, but like I said not cheap.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

I would normally add these pics to the Cafe des Amis thread, but they would be dupes there I am sure.

We went there tonight and the food was as good as usual. The bill was 3330 for the entrees, a Margarita, and two glasses of Shiraz.

Rack of Lamb

1537299873_CafedesAmis-A.thumb.jpg.3c7989e966b6b23d2d9ddfd06fa3e4df.jpg

Roast Duck in a Tart Cherry Sauce

1711119142_CafedesAmis-B.thumb.jpg.2e642f1fb003b93ad01ec6c6f0308da8.jpg

Highly recommended for high end dining, but like I said not cheap.

Do they also offer food that has actually been cooked? :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

2 minutes ago, davidge said:

Do they also offer food that has actually been cooked? :rolleyes:

You are a Brit. :)

• Haha 2