Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Dollhouse XXX | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Dan About Thailand | Add your Text or Event here

Sign in to follow this  
windsors420

Motorola Cellphone Repair in Pattaya (Where?)

windsors420

Just arrived in Pattaya from New York and discovered I left my charger home. Went to Tucom and bought replacement.Forcing the cord in broke my charger port. No store in Tucom could fix.  Does anyone know where a store can repair my Moto g7? If I need to replace what would be decent. The Vivo 64g seems affordable at 4900 Bhat, but it seems like crap. Huaweii is off the table. Where is a good place to purchase where I'm not going to get repackaged crap. Don't need the best price.

Edited by windsors420

mmaaarrrkkk

Motorola still have phones?

Get a XiaoMi or Oppo

Edited by mmaaarrrkkk

ricktoronto

I had a Moto C Plus that I just gave away to someone where I am now because it is pure shit, frankly works one app at a time.

Anyway I was in Tukcom and they said nobody will fix anything generally not sold there which does not include Motorola, for sure. Huawei (bonus everything you write will be read by someone) , Samsung, the newer Chinese brands like Xiaomi, or Oppo. 

Just read up on what LTE/4G bands the phone has (look at the specific model number on the box before buying) if you want to use it in other countries. Most are quite restricted (unlike say an iPhone for 10X the cost) so they can be sold cheap in say, India and are not bought by the carload and sold on eBay to Americans. The one with more bands costs more. Same phone, more countries, more dough. Change one chip with the 4G frequencies.

My Oppo (A71 - 3,990 Baht) works great in Asia, but North America not at all. So I use a Samsung in Canada/Central/South America, the Oppo in Thailand and HK, and I bought an LG-G5 for use in the USA. 

Someone with a dab hand with tools and maybe a soldering iron might hack at a busted Motorola but TBH get a new phone which are surprisingly affordable if you just want a phone with decent RAM and processor.