Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Dollhouse XXX | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Dan About Thailand | Add your Text or Event here 

Jenkinsby

How to read into these girls' negative comments and what to discard.

Jenkinsby

On my first ever night in Thailand i went into a go-go bar and the first girl that came and spoke  to me was an early twenties lady dressed only in a thong, very disconcerting for the solo uninitiated traveler. She asked me to buy her a drink but was holding her sides laughing and nudging her friend,  when I asked why she said it was because I looked like Pinnochio. Another night I staggered out of 808 at 3am and a ladyboy crossed the street and rubbed my nose and said in a concerned voice "oh darling, what happened?". I've had a couple of other comments about it and I've thought I've seen freelance disco women talking about it when assessing me at a distance. 

It's really played on me since visiting Thailand 18 months ago although it was always in the back of my mind since I was a kid. I've booked in for a nose job in five weeks time and I'll be sporting my new look at the end of April in LOS. Hopefully I will be even more of a "hansum man ".

My question is this. How much can be read into these girls' negative comments or should they be totally disregarded? When I was my lightest for 18 years (at 13 stone 9lbs) and very comfortable they called me pumpoy. Is it reasonable to accept some truth in their statements or are they just fairly random insults designed to impact? Kind of like the "negging" that some pick up artists espouse. Or are the comments from these women potentially valuable nuggets of information that everyday folk are just too polite to say to you? Many thanks to all who weigh in. 

Edited by Jenkinsby

gentleenforcer

Jesus mate...don't take any comments from them seriously. Lighten up and just enjoy your time in Thailand!

Dalef65

"Is it reasonable to accept some truth in their statements, or they just fairly random insults designed to impact".

Well, if your nose is misshapen (note if), then it would be kind of denying reality not to accept some truth in the statement. The same with the Pompeii comments.

But.........What seems to be the issue here is how much you are taking things to heart. Thai people can be somewhat blunt at times, and it isn't always designed to offend. At least not as much as it would sound to Farang ears.

On the other hand some of the people you mentioned might have been insulting you, but again the same point applies. At least some of the issue here is your own sensitivity, and not simply the fact that a random comment has been made.

With a couple of your previous posts, and this one especially, you come over as a guy that thinks quite deeply about some stuff.Far too deeply, in this instance. 

The drunken ramblings of a couple of Gogo girls, a ladyboy, and an 808 freelancer shouldn't be keeping you up at night. If you're going to be worried about this sort of thing, it may be that you have self esteem issues that go deeper than simply having a nose job.

Many of the people you encounter in Pattaya will be happy to be paid to have sex wit you. Others might make sometimes insensitive, sometimes drunken, sometimes stupid comments, but life being what it is you have to rise above the nonsense and be a bit more comfortable in your own skin.

Edited by Dalef65
Added comment. And grammar

rioman

Generally, the older you are the more secure you are with your looks and actions.  SO, you are asking how seriously to take comments from girls that are likely 20-30years younger than you?  FWIW - Do not care or want to see your nose, but actually thought that Thai girls seemed to be bit attracted by bigger nose so be careful what kind of a "job" you getting done if the sole purpose is to pay for Thai girl company.

Cerby666

One thing I've learned is that TG's can be very blunt and direct, they call a spade a spade really.

I've been poked in the stomach many times along with the declaration "you pompui" or similar. I once showed a TG a pic of my son on my phone and the response was "Him not like you, him handsome".

At no point have I detected that any of the comments were meant to be insulting, they were just saying what they see. Mind you I'm not the insecure type and couldn't give a fook if they or some of them were intended to be insulting.

At the end of the day it dosent matter at all what other people think, you be you.

QuotaMan

Well, any girl that says things to make you feel bad or uncomfortable is not someone to barfine. 

Just find another girl and ignore those that insult you no matter the intent. Pattaya is not for the sensitive or faint hearted.

keepitfun

Just tell them it’s the same as your dick and move on.....um but don’t cut that off too.

Edited by keepitfun

Scholseyboi

One of my work colleagues went to Romania in the summer and his nose done £2k with my work we wont bump into each other for months bumped into him last year chatting away for 20 minutes then hes like haven't you noticed and waves his hand around his face and im like what... he said his nose job done 3 months ago i was like no mate looks exactly the same but on closer inspection he seemed to of gone the Greek way. good luck buddy whatever makes you feel better I say only one life live it.

swede37

If you really look like pinoccio they did you a favour so you got the will to fix it. 

regyai

Just a 'culture shock' moment 

As already said Thais see no harm/no foul in stating the obvious

You are allowing your hang-ups and ingrained social mores, to delude you into inferring ill will from them

WhiteThai

The first thing everybody should pack when they go travelling anywhere is, a sense of humor. If your going to take little things that people say seriously, stay at home where your safe. 

dean2926

Rule number one in the Pattaya mongers' handbook.

"Don't believe anything a bar girl tells you".

They are in an environment where anything goes and laughing and joking with her friends and punters is a big part of it.

And remember, half pissed girls who work in bars or gogos are not reknowned for their carefull, conservative choice of words.

Best advice,  lighten the fuck up.

JamesFerris

People who make fun of others based on their features / genetic appearance are trash.  Period.

What do you care what trash thinks of you?  

No reason to let the words of a couple of prostitutes get under your skin.  They're likely not happy with their lot in life (and one of them definitely not happy about their gender of birth) so they have to shit on other people to make themselves feel better.  Your standard low quality "humans".

On the other hand, you're a man.  It's your prerogative to control how you look, and that includes performing plastic surgery.  There's no shame in altering your appearance to do what it takes to feel confident.  Do you need it?  You mention this has been a life-long concern of yours.  Only you can decide.

At the end of the day though, if you believe in a God, apparently he doesn't make mistakes.  You're supposed to look like you look.  If you want to change it because you'll be more confident and happy with your life, go ahead - but don't do it because of what some trashy individuals tell you.

With all respect, this is something you really ought to discuss with a mental health worker - counselor, psychologist, etc.  Going to such a person doesn't mean you're crazy, it's just getting a second opinion on your life.  

Whatever you choose, don't make any rash decisions.  You're the one who has to live with yourself.  Take care of your life and fuck everyone else.  

NorthernSpirit
3 hours ago, Cerby666 said:

At the end of the day it dosent matter at all what other people think, you be you.

Spot on mate!

Just smile.

Move on.

Next patient please...

586530696_Dontdependtoomuchonanyoneinthisworld.jpg.f2d0c3784e230e7a002bbf0f8023b21a.jpg

George1234

You just need to remember that some of the people who work in the bars of Pattaya are the trash of Thailand. Other Thais consider them human garbage - and they are. Maybe you just happened to meet some of them. 

Whatever the case, you don’t go into a bar to have the piss taken out of your appearance, particularly when you are in a country where you are not free to return the favour. On the upside, there is a huge supply (a majority) of very nice people who work in the bars, spend your time and money with them. 

bukone
2 hours ago, keepitfun said:

Just tell them it’s the same as your dick and move on.....um but don’t cut that off too.

Yeah Big nose big hose

bukone
2 hours ago, regyai said:

You are allowing your hang-ups and ingrained social mores, to delude you into inferring ill will from them

Yeah but you return the favour and they don’t like it.

George1234
17 minutes ago, bukone said:

Yeah but you return the favour and they don’t like it.

Exactly. And there is plenty you could say. 

George1234
2 hours ago, regyai said:

What happens in a bar in Pattaya, isn’t Thai culture. Many of the sensibilities and behaviours I have observed in Pattaya are the complete opposite to that of the rest of Thailand. Most Thai people are actually quite conservative, and reticent in their interaction with foreigners. 

equanimous

They probably say....

What others are thinking....   :Oops3:

They are mostly uneducated bumpkins... That don't know any better...

We are what we are... Hope the nose job works out ok...

Edited by equanimous

Crushed

FWI W, many of the girls have had their noses lengthened in recent years.  My last LLT definitely had. The last Soi 6 girl I took said she wanted a nose like mine rathervthan her cute small nose. The nose jobs and blue contacts are fairly blatant signs of Western envy.  

Also remember you are dealing with people who say the same sentences many times a night because English is a second language they've often recently found they need to use in their job.

Edited by Crushed

RRosenberg

Respond by pointing out something about them that you don't like, equilibrium restored.

i.e. I have a big nose, you have a strange flat nose. Let's have a baby and hopefully it's nose will be somewhere in between 555

George1234
22 minutes ago, RRosenberg said:

Respond by pointing out something about them that you don't like.

.............  is the correct answer to the question: 

What is the single worst piece of advice you could give to somebody visiting Thailand?