IGNORED

Dual Sim Phone

15 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

did like the Xiaomi 6 and you might want to look at it. It is a droid type interface.

I have a Xaomi mi9 se 128 been on apple for years but my last iphome started having problems . So have been trying the Mi 9 for last couple of months dual sim nice piece of kit especially for the price around the £200 mark . Great photos far better than Apple . Just moved it onto my main phone working a treat ,when you look at the specs of the new name phones and the Xi  . If you are not a fashion phone user it is a good buy . Lot of good non fashion phones out there at the moment .

• Like 1

22 hours ago, madz1 said:

Cheers mate, good info. will check out the xiaomi 6

I bought one of Lazada 6 months ago....great phone for the price and you can use it with both or just one SIM activated :ThumbUp6:

Make sure its the Xaiomi Redmi 6a GLOBAL version.

Edited by petermik
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, regyai said:

They are all coming on line with it its becoming mandatory cannot login without

A pin number every time you want to log in? ...its not becoming mandatory. You forgot an important detail.

I travel overseas regularly and use my credit cards a lot. It is certainly not every transaction when you need to use the one time code but it seems to happen once in maybe 10 transactions or the first one if you haven't used that particular card for a while. 

23 hours ago, madz1 said:

not really the case. I knew people who had them a decade or so ago for work / their interests. Just wanting a heads up for a decent one at this current time. would save me some hassle.

OnePlus 7T. Check out some reviews. I just bought one. It's an upmarket phone from Oppo.

deleted

Edited by Barhop

I have an iPhone 11 from my company, I have my personal sim as the e-sim and company number as the physical sim, it works great.

On leaving Australia for holiday I replace the work sim with my Thai 1-2-call sim, and just leave my personal Australian sim turned off as my carriers rates are a piss take.

Saves a whole lot of messing around with different phones, wish I had it years ago. 

On 17/01/2020 at 00:01, Gnorman said:

just leave my personal Australian sim turned off as my carriers rates are a piss take.

Yes, this. I have just purchased a single SIM phone Samsung A20 through my carrier Virgin. This model was the only one I could get for $0 and staying at near the same monthly rate.

Question: If I remove the Virgin SIM from my phone, for 30 days,  while I'm using the Thai SIM, will that close my account? 

Edited by Danolo

7 hours ago, Danolo said:

Yes, this. I have just purchased a single SIM phone Samsung A20 through my carrier Virgin. This model was the only one I could get for $0 and staying at near the same monthly rate.

Question: If I remove the Virgin SIM from my phone, for 30 days,  while I'm using the Thai SIM, will that close my account? 

First, is your new Virgin Samsung A20 unlocked?

I can only speak of other carries like ATT.

My phone was unlocked and they didn't have a clue when I exchanged my SIM for a Thai AIS 1 2 Call SIM.

All they knew was I didn't use my ATT phone for several weeks.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

I got a S8 that was made for the Taiwan market, ive used in in Australia and had 4g on one and 3g on the other.

• 2 weeks later...
One thing to note with a lot of Dual SIM phones is that the second SIM works on a 2G network.  Some countries including Australia no longer have any 2G networks left.  I spent hours trying to figure out why my second SIM wasn't working after returning to Australia a few years ago after being out of the country for a few months.  The answer was the last provider (Vodafone?) of a network with 2G had closed it in the period I was away.
As of 2018 (last article I can find on it!) "Japan, Singapore and Taiwan had also switched off 2G. In other countries, it has been partially switched off. For instance, in the USA, AT&T has switched off 2G meaning it’s now only available on T-Mobile."
But where they work they are very handy!
That's not entirely true. Yes most won't allow 2 to be on 4g but the other is fine on 3g.
Check the phones specs before buying

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

That's not entirely true. Yes most won't allow 2 to be on 4g but the other is fine on 3g.

Check the phones specs before buying

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I think most new dual SIM phones are dual 4G (LTE) these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an iPhone 11 from my company, I have my personal sim as the e-sim and company number as the physical sim, it works great.
On leaving Australia for holiday I replace the work sim with my Thai 1-2-call sim, and just leave my personal Australian sim turned off as my carriers rates are a piss take.
Saves a whole lot of messing around with different phones, wish I had it years ago. 

Question for you in regards to the iPhone 11. Can I place my Australian SIM card in physically and use my 1-2-call sim as an e-sim?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Question for you in regards to the iPhone 11. Can I place my Australian SIM card in physically and use my 1-2-call sim as an e-sim?

Yes, you can. eSIM works great in Thailand.

5 hours ago, Melboy66 said:

5 hours ago, hioctane said:

Yes, you can. eSIM works great in Thailand.

Yep I'm sure hioctane is 100% correct Melboy66. 

Most of the Motorola "G" range phones are Dual Sim and have huge ranges in frequencies.  All available on Amazon or nearby in stores, unlocked.  These phones are also worth very little on the used market, good bang for the buck. 

I had a Moto G6+ I just sold and bought a newer phone, but it worked fantastic while in Thailand my last couple trips.

Can buy a Dual Sim Moto G7+ on Amazon for $198 US, brand new.  Make sure to check the Model # with the frequencies that you want.

Edited by Gibsons1

Long story short, I had a dual sim phone. American Sim card in slot 1 and Philippines Sim in slot two. There was a button that switched between the two sim's. Sometimes I would accidentally hit the Philippines Sim slot when in the US and my american number would be off. The Philippines Sim card had a load and I could roam and check text messages to that number in the US. I no longer need a Philippines number or have a dual sim phone. Just hot swap the sim card when traveling. Just my little story.