Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Dollhouse XXX | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Dan About Thailand | Add your Text or Event here

Yagami Light

Experiencing fever - where to go?

Yagami Light

Hi all

It’s my first time here and I don’t really know anything about medical infrastructure. I’ve been experiencing fever for the last couple of days. I’m taking ibuprofen which keeps it somewhat in check but as soon as the pill wears off it comes back with full force so I thought it’s time to see a doctor. Could you give some recommendations please?

fostraswift

PATTAYA city hospital soi buckow

or  pattaya memorial pattaya klang

Kahoy

Pattaya Memorial Hospital. Don't go near a small clinic.

atkins9870

Yeah these guys are right on. Go to Memorial Hospital. 

If budget isn’t an issue or you’re not comfortable, Bangkok Hospital Pattaya is really good, just expensive. 

Also, the wellness clinic on 3rd road and Pattaya Klang does IV of high dose vitamin C. Every time I get sick I get one of those and it fixes me right up. 

LeoTex

I agree with the other, go to the hospital and not a clinic.

For me its the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.

Make sure you are staying hydrated, I do at least one electrolyte with water each morning when doing my morning walk.

LeoTex  

QuotaMan

And don't forget to bring your passport.

Kahoy

I went to Pattaya Memorial to get a stitch removed a couple of days ago and was out the door in less than 10 minutes and 295 baht lighter. It was 7:00 am which is the best time to go there. I had the stitch placed in Australia last Thursday and went Monday to the hospital to have it removed since I was in the area. They asked when it was put in without looking at it and when I told them they said "come back tomorrow" which was exactly the same day that the doc in oz told me to get it removed.

Mick Pattaya

Get your blood work done asap, intermittent fever could be a sign of mosquito borne tropical disease. It hits you bad & rough.

Sargon76

I have found all medical and dental services to be far better in Thailand than in my hometown in the US. Go to the hospital, it is very affordable and the Drs are skilled.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

rioman

Guess it depends which location is handy for you, but I could recommend Pattaya International hospital as well.  Not much more expensive and I think quite a bit nicer - quicker processing, better English, facility, etc.

Explorer8939

There’s a new form of coronavirus coming out of Wuhan, China, so they will ask you about your recent travel history.

I believe a recent arrival at BKK had the virus.

Crushed
25 minutes ago, Explorer8939 said:

There’s a new form of coronavirus coming out of Wuhan, China, so they will ask you about your recent travel history.

I believe a recent arrival at BKK had the virus.

I'll give an update what happens at immigration in a few days as I am flying into DMK from Wuhan in a few days.

LOTTELLEE WINNA

OP - can thoroughly recommend Dr Olivier (located between Pattaya and Jomtien), Western Doctor, English and German speaker, with a good bedside manner.

https://www.dr-olivier-clinic.com/

Explorer8939
31 minutes ago, Crushed said:

I'll give an update what happens at immigration in a few days as I am flying into DMK from Wuhan in a few days.

Are you in Wuhan now?

NCWave
11 hours ago, Kahoy said:

I totally agree to go to hospital but just wanna know what is the problem of the "small clinics"...  will rip off / not enough drug / low skill...or some other issues?

because I never went to such place, but just "in my impression (and by some random expat)" in Thailand even a small clinic they also well done for small/common sicks, and cheap also.

Crushed
5 minutes ago, Explorer8939 said:

Are you in Wuhan now?

Yes.  It's a huge place. A two hour subway ride from one side of the city to the other. I don't have a clue where the market the virus is believed to originated is.

Kahoy
15 minutes ago, NCWave said:

I totally agree to go to hospital but just wanna know what is the problem of the "small clinics"...  will rip off / not enough drug / low skill...or some other issues?

because I never went to such place, but just "in my impression (and by some random expat)" in Thailand even a small clinic they also well done for small/common sicks, and cheap also.

OK, try this.

Last April, I had pains in my lower abdomen and the doc at a small clinic I won't name told me I had a bowel infection. He prescribed antibiotics. The symtoms got worse. I went back. He told me I only had constipation and gave me laxatives because I couldn't shit. The laxatives worked but the problem persisted. After 4 weeks I had enough and got the first plane home. I went straight from the airport to a GP who told me to get to hospital right away. The hospital admitted me immediately where they diagnosed me with a massive portal venous thrombosis after a CT scan. They told me I was close to death.

They never did find a cause despite a week in hospital and more than 20 blood tests. No diseases evident and so they put me on warfarin. Now I am back in Pattaya. Wild horses would not drag me back into one of those clinics. The doctor should have recommended an immediate CT scan which would not have been too expensive.

Edited by Kahoy

Biennial
11 minutes ago, Kahoy said:

OK, try this.

Last April, I had pains in my lower abdomen and the doc at a small clinic I won't name told me I had a bowel infection. He prescribed antibiotics. The symtoms got worse. I went back. He told me I only had constipation and gave me laxatives because I couldn't shit. The laxatives worked but the problem persisted. After 4 weeks I had enough and got the first plane home. I went straight from the airport to a GP who told me to get to hospital right away. The hospital admitted me immediately where they diagnosed me with a massive portal venous thrombosis after a CT scan. They told me I was close to death.

They never did find a cause despite a week in hospital and more than 20 blood tests. No diseases evident and so they put me on warfarin. Now I am back in Pattaya. Wild horses would not drag me back into one of those clinics. The doctor should have recommended an immediate CT scan which would not have been too expensive.

This article talks about the potential causes. https://www.merckmanuals.com/home/liver-and-gallbladder-disorders/blood-vessel-disorders-of-the-liver/portal-vein-thrombosis

Do you drink a lot? Any chance of liver damage?

Yagami Light

Thanks for all the responses.

I have just woken up from a 15 hours sleep and feel much better. Maybe the doctor visit won't be necessary in the end.

If I had any problems in the remaining days of my trip I'll go to Pattaya memorial. I Googled it and it's only 10 minute walk from my hotel.

Kahoy
5 minutes ago, Biennial said:

This article talks about the potential causes. https://www.merckmanuals.com/home/liver-and-gallbladder-disorders/blood-vessel-disorders-of-the-liver/portal-vein-thrombosis

Do you drink a lot? Any chance of liver damage?

I drank little, never drank at home or alone, and only a few in bars, never more than 5 beers in a day and have no cirrhosis of the liver. Now I don't drink because of the warfarin.

Scuba+
35 minutes ago, Yagami Light said:

I have just woken up from a 15 hours sleep and feel much better. Maybe the doctor visit won't be necessary in the end.

If I had any problems in the remaining days of my trip I'll go to Pattaya memorial. I Googled it and it's only 10 minute walk from my hotel.

Fever often goes by itself in a few days, i have a cold and a mild fever too. If your temperature goes above 38 see a doc

Billy Mutch
19 hours ago, Yagami Light said:

You may have Dengue fever as you can start to feel better. I strongly recommend you get a blood test at the hospital. 

bukone
On 16/01/2020 at 00:44, Kahoy said:

Why’s that mate, not sure about Pattaya (because never been to one) but I took the missus mum to one in udon and he worked in the hospital a few days then he had his own clinic.

ok just read your post, yeah that’s fucked up.

Edited by bukone

defyodds

sounds like aids op, just head on down to vt6...