IGNORED

Passport running out

Orbital1979

Ok, really stupid question, I will have just over 6months left when I arrive and just under when I leave, pretty sure wont be a problem, just wanted some clarification.

Thanks in advance.

I think you'll find that the immigration detention centre at Swampy will be a lot more comfortable than the Bangkok Hilton....maybe. At least there'll be a return flight to the homeland the following day.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

12 minutes ago, Orbital1979 said:

Ok, really stupid question, I will have just over 6months left when I arrive and just under when I leave, pretty sure wont be a problem, just wanted some clarification.

Thanks in advance.

Although they demand at least 6 months left when you get some visas, it’s not actually a requirement on entering Thailand.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

1 minute ago, davidge said:

Although they demand at least 6 months left when you get some visas, it’s not actually a requirement on entering Thailand.

if i had time I’d sort it in my own country.    No dramas then 

3 minutes ago, keepitfun said:

The last time I renewed my passport in the U.K. it only took a week, though I paid extra for faster turnaround. They’ve stopped adding the remaining time on current passport to the duration of the old one now so that time will be lost.

There won’t be any dramas though as he will have more than 6 months left on arrival. As I say, not a requirement but some over-officious airport check-in clerks may not know that.

• Like 3

On 13/01/2020 at 16:30, keepitfun said:

I had a new passport issued at the US Embassy in Bangkok.  Actually a very easy, no drama process.  Enter with one passport, leave with a new updated passport, sorted.

Thanks All, as it happens when I checked i will actually have less than six months when I arrive, so best to renew now.

Another stupid question coming up in this section!

Easy to renew in UK, all online. I sent off my old one, which slowed it down..awaiting on receipt their end..might be quicker to say it was "destroyed" in a fire.

They have an express service at the post office ... if it is going to worry you and play on your mind  best get it renewed. you dont lose anything they will give you 10 years and 6 months on your new one 

8 minutes ago, T-T-T said:

They have an express service at the post office ... if it is going to worry you and play on your mind  best get it renewed. you dont lose anything they will give you 10 years and 6 months on your new one 

No they won’t. They stopped adding the extra time a year or two ago. Didn’t announce it, just stopped.

Just now, rope-a-dope said:

Plus, if you are UK, you get a new one absent the "European Union" on the front. :wink:

Made in Poland by a French company.

• Haha 2

Just now, davidge said:

Made in Poland by a French company.

Oh yes, we still need our European kin for nefarious menial chores.

13 minutes ago, T-T-T said:

I used that service when I renewed mine a couple of years ago. Sent my expiring one back with the application and when I got my new one back they'd spelt my first name wrong! Tbf they rectified it very quickly.

12 minutes ago, daytripperz said:

I used that service when I renewed mine a couple of years ago. Sent my expiring one back with the application and when I got my new one back they'd spelt my first name wrong! Tbf they rectified it very quickly.

There’s an online service. You complete the forms online, print them off and post them.

Found it very quick when I renewed.

Even if you are allowed into Thailand with a passport with less than 6 months validity the airline might not allow you to board the plane with the same passport. It is best to renew it. 

• Like 2

Lost my PP made an appointment at the US embassy to go get it replaced was in and out in 20 mins and they emailed me 7 days later to come pick it up could not believe how quick it was

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

1 hour ago, Soi7 said:

Lost my PP made an appointment at the US embassy to go get it replaced was in and out in 20 mins and they emailed me 7 days later to come pick it up could not believe how quick it was

How about Jomtien, did they make you start over with the Non O visa and retirement extension or just check their records and see that you had those already?

How about Jomtien, did they make you start over with the Non O visa and retirement extension or just check their records and see that you had those already?
When this happened I was on a business Visa and working the law firm that handled the business took care of everything for me I did nothing except go pick it up and apply for it. Once I got it they took care of immigration here

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

On 17/01/2020 at 15:43, markland1510a said:

I had a new passport issued at the US Embassy in Bangkok.  Actually a very easy, no drama process.  Enter with one passport, leave with a new updated passport, sorted.

Same day?

53 minutes ago, Rocketboy said:

Same day?

No. It was several years ago but as I remember it, they gave me a receipt and I came back maybe 10 days later to pick up the new passport.

I thought it was easy as no passport renewal station close to my home in the USA. Can get to the US embassy via the Skytrain so it was no problem for me.

Edited by markland1510a

I looked online at the website for US Embassy in BKK and found this. I'm going to do it this way next week. Mine expires in Oct.

Screenshot_20200123-131028_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200123-131407_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Rocketboy

1 hour ago, Rocketboy said:

I looked online at the website for US Embassy in BKK and found this. I'm going to do it this way next week. Mine expires in Oct.

Screenshot_20200123-131028_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200123-131407_Chrome.jpg

Up until last year the US Embassy would visit Pattaya quarterly, must have been a cut to their budget. Don't forget to ask them for the letter to Immigration to transfer your visa to your new passport.

A few years ago I was boarding a flight and the customer service person checking people in noticed I had only four months of validity left on my passport.  As many countries require 6 months of validity for entry I was stopped while he checked Thailand’s requirements. Apparently Thai land only requires 30 days beyond your scheduled return flight.  

• Like 2

• 3 months later...