IGNORED

D apartment/D Apartment 1/D Apartment 2/ D Xpress info

mogli33

Looking for info on the D hotels but im a bit confused with some conflicting details I’ve been seeing online.

First of all is D Apartment and D Apartment 1 the same hotel???? Trip advisor specifies the name as D Apartment and does not mention D Apartment1 while on the other hand  Agoda lists the name as D Apartment 1 and no mention of D Apartment.

From what I guage is that the D group had 6 hotels namely

1 D Apartment

2 D Apartment 1

3 D Apartment 2

4 D Xpress or PS Apartment as its now called

5 D Xpress apartment

6 D hotel

Alternatively D Apartment and D Apartment 1 could be the same, so maybe 5 hotels…

Also is there any review here on PA for D Apartment 1 and D Xpress (PS Apartment). Just need info like location, guest friendly etc. Tried search function on PA but did not get much info or maybe im doing something wrong, so if there is any thread for these places can someone direct me to this.

Also if anyone on here  would have stayed in either D Apartment or D Express, can you please share your review. D group of hotels seem the most popular on Soi Buakhow so looking forward to book either D Apartment or D Xpress but just confused with so many names floating around..

Thanks in advance and apologies if this is a repeat post since I really could not find much details.

Stayed at dexpress in November quiet nice rooms, a little out the way but suits me I rent a motor bike, looking at staying again for Xmas 2020 can’t fault it

3 minutes ago, ronthebrummie said:

Stayed at dexpress in November quiet nice rooms, a little out the way but suits me I rent a motor bike, looking at staying again for Xmas 2020 can’t fault it

Was it this one which is known as PS apartment now...formerly D Xpress

https://www.agoda.com/en-in/ps-apartment-d-xpress/hotel/pattaya-th.html?cid=-218

Or was it this one which is known as D Xpress apartment

https://www.agoda.com/en-in/d-xpress-apartment/hotel/pattaya-th.html?cid=-218

Im just confused with so many D hotel names floating around. Wanted to stay in the Soi Buakhow area and D group of hotels seem to be popular. From what i've read it should be some 10 mins walking distance to LK

PS apartment is across the street from D Express. It’s a very cheap accommodation that is well-below D Express standards. It was misleadingly listed as another room option for D Express, but wisely they now ( I think ) are referring to it as it should be- PS apartment.

What I think it's like this:

1. D hotel - Separate hotel with own reception, pool etc. Near Soi Buakhao.
2. D Apartments - Numbers 1 and 2 have same reception, pool etc. maybe more like a different wings? Near Soi Buakhao.
3. D Xpress - Separate place in the other end of the same road with D Apartments. Has rooftop pool and nice rooms. the 3rd road.

4. PS Aparments - Used to be lower quality rooms for D Xpress on the other side of the road, but now has own name. Near the 3rd road.

:Flying:4th trip - "The Afterwork" is finally happening in May :Cheers9:

Hello

OK, Stayed D Apartment 5 times out of last 6 trips and it's the same building, we have D Apartment 1 which is the older front part of building with no lift and i prefer this and normally book my room over the road and it looks across to New Plaza.

D Apartment 2 is the newer wing over the Soi and front entrance with Lift and is more expensive but very nice with 7 floors, only stayed this side once bit to expensive for me but did enjoy it, i do recommend D Apartment better for location.

D hotel is next store and i use this sometimes for short cut to my room but have never stayed here.

D Express is further 10 minute walk up the same Soi again not stayed here but seen  the  rooms and this place is also very good but further away and the narrow Soi is a pain for walking.

3 hours ago, tps said:

PS apartment is across the street from D Express. It’s a very cheap accommodation that is well-below D Express standards. It was misleadingly listed as another room option for D Express, but wisely they now ( I think ) are referring to it as it should be- PS apartment.

Oh then that explains why the rates are less than even half  that of D xpress. Its still mentioned with both names as PS apartments/ D Xpress on Agoda thats why the confusion.

Thanks for the clarification...Im excluding it from my shortlist.

Edited by mogli33

49 minutes ago, Rainsberger said:

Hello

OK, Stayed D Apartment 5 times out of last 6 trips and it's the same building, we have D Apartment 1 which is the older front part of building with no lift and i prefer this and normally book my room over the road and it looks across to New Plaza.

D Apartment 2 is the newer wing over the Soi and front entrance with Lift and is more expensive but very nice with 7 floors, only stayed this side once bit to expensive for me but did enjoy it, i do recommend D Apartment better for location.

Thanks for your info on D apartment 1...suits my budget as well thats why im keen on booking it. Just can you let me know a few things. First of all how was the cleanliness in the room. 

I presume its girl friendly and they do follow the SOP of calling the room everytime a girl arrives/leaves. Can you confirm on this.

another thing that I read is that when leaving your room everytime you have to deposit the keys with the reception...is this true.

I've been looking to stay in the Soi Buakhow area, although im not really very familiar with these small Soi's that interconnect Buakhow with 3rd road. From what I gather is that D apartment 1 is not very up the Soi and its just a 5 minute walk to Soi Buakhow and then another 5 minute walk to cross Soi New plaza opposite to reach 2nd Road. Also this Soi where D apartment is located is more towards the Pattaya klang end of Soi Buakhow.

Thanks again...

Edited by mogli33

5 hours ago, mogli33 said:

Thanks for your info on D apartment 1...suits my budget as well thats why im keen on booking it. Just can you let me know a few things. First of all how was the cleanliness in the room. 

I presume its girl friendly and they do follow the SOP of calling the room everytime a girl arrives/leaves. Can you confirm on this.

another thing that I read is that when leaving your room everytime you have to deposit the keys with the reception...is this true.

I've been looking to stay in the Soi Buakhow area, although im not really very familiar with these small Soi's that interconnect Buakhow with 3rd road. From what I gather is that D apartment 1 is not very up the Soi and its just a 5 minute walk to Soi Buakhow and then another 5 minute walk to cross Soi New plaza opposite to reach 2nd Road. Also this Soi where D apartment is located is more towards the Pattaya klang end of Soi Buakhow.

Thanks again...

Check you tube for vids of d apt' 1 rooms. You want to watch the vids that state the rooms are 600/700 baht because there are vids from all the D hotels. What you see is what you get.....cleaners are really good, fresh towels and water every day.

Yes and No.

It has a 24hr reception so yes.

Stand on Soi buk' walk 30 paces down the road that d apt' sits on and your at the entrance to it.

Go back to soi buk' and look south, just  down the street on the right you see a cafe/restaurant on a corner (nice cheap breakfast/western food there) that's the entrance to new plaza. 5 to 10 mins walk to 2nd road.

Yes.

If I'm not mistaken D apartment 1 does not have an elavator. But D apartment 2 has one. D express is a bit far away from action.

I would suggest to spend a bit extra on D hotel totally worth it. If not then go for D apartment 2. All of D has very good friendly staff, is girl friendly and majority of people who stay are mongers.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mogli33 said:

Thanks again...

Hi Moli33

The rooms are cleaned everyday and are always fresh feeling on my return after I've been out the maid does make a good job and you always get fresh towels, yes always girl friendly but not sure about more than one, as I have a LT girlfriend again not sure if they call you about arrivals/leavers but I think that they may well do so, yes again here you are required to leave your keys at reception when leaving your room and going out which is never a problem for me, if you stay here at D Apartment you are only seconds from Soi Buakaow road and could be in the New Plaza in a minute, only short stroll to Pattaya Klang maybe just a 5 minute walk.

It will certainly suit your budget here at D Apartment 1 with 4 floors with rooms 205, 206 & 207 facing the road and New Plaza same on 3rd and 4th floors with no lift and these rooms can be noisy when there are parties in bars and music can be heard until 3am this not a worry for me, there are other rooms away from the road but they do not have any views only inside window, rooms are now available for D Apartment but not for me when I went to book said full for my dates so won't be staying here in May when I return to Pattaya. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/01/2020 at 22:45, Rainsberger said:

yes always girl friendly but not sure about more than one, as I have a LT girlfriend again not sure if they call you about arrivals/leavers but I think that they may well do so...

i usually stay at D hotel, normally if your lady come for the first time, they call you saying "have lady for you" after your reply they let her come upstairs; if same lady come to you everyday they stop call you when she arrive, she let the ID and come up.

Every time lady go away they call you asking "everything ok with lady".

I think they use the same policy on all D hotel Apartment and Express

Last December cannot book with them through Agoda or BOOKING or other , all full; so i booked another hotel, when I arrived (22 December) i didn't like the hotel, so i walked to D hotel asking if have some room for 3 weeks, they say yes and i move there again

Maybe if you find full in booking site, try to call directly could still have room available

Edited by alecranb

2 hours ago, lastride said:

Can anyone shed some insight on getting to and back from Walking Street?

Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't stayed there, but looking at google maps. You can walk out to Soi Buakhao and get a baht bus going south. Get off near South Pattaya Rd and 2nd Road. You/re only a short walk to Walking St. To get back to your hotel catch a baht bus going north on 2nd Rd. Get off at Soi New Plaza, a short walk back to D hotel.

On 27/01/2020 at 01:21, Sac Les said:

Haven't stayed there, but looking at google maps. You can walk out to Soi Buakhao and get a baht bus going south. Get off near South Pattaya Rd and 2nd Road. You/re only a short walk to Walking St. To get back to your hotel catch a baht bus going north on 2nd Rd. Get off at Soi New Plaza, a short walk back to D hotel.

Yes, the above quote sums it up very well, just 10 baht from Soi Buakow to Walking Street and the same on way back to Soi New Plaza all very easy for good night out in Walking Street.but it's very easy to just drop in to another bar in New Plaza for a night cap on way back to hotel.

• 4 weeks later...

Just back from 1 week D-hotel.

1200 baht/night. Spacious rooms with good shower.

Never busy at swimming pool and they made a roof so there is shade now.

perfect location and for 1200 its the best choice for me.

7EF72640-0500-4D4F-85B6-E2ED29AE5E18.jpeg