IGNORED

Jomtien: Carpaccio Bistro

I did a search on this place and was a little surprised that there was no previous history. I have been living in the area off and on for 3 years now and as I remember the place predates me being here.

https://www.facebook.com/Carpaccio-Bistro-559068471271589/?ref=py_c

The GF and I got around to trying it tonight. The very short story is that it is ok and worth an occasional visit.

We arrived close to sundown on a Friday night and there was already a fair sized crowd due primarily to a fair sized family gathering (7 or so).

The GF and I are light eaters, more so her than me. We ordered an entree for myself and a small plate starter for her. Both were very good. We also had two glasses of red and a Leo, which brought the bill to 920.

Some negatives are:

• the place is small and they play the light jazz a little too loud
  • the aircon was a little underwhelming when we arrived, but improved as we were there.
  • the house red wine was ok at best

Positives were:

• The quality of the food
  • General service, despite it being a little slow due to the crowd size

Some pics:

Complimentary garlic bread with either Balsamic or Olive oil

IMG_2480.thumb.jpg.c264688f3b1a8e72c9b8c8b6805cb8b7.jpg

Tagliatelle with Duck Bolognese  and Shrimp in a Garlic Butter Sauce

IMG_2482.thumb.jpg.abf586f0c7a56c1ed3cf29c59718a47f.jpg

IMG_2481.thumb.jpg.e37fdffca1a6d528ec1dd97782daf12e.jpg

Edited by ChiFlyer

They were going through a major refit last July. The signs claimed they were expanding upstairs. It looks smaller to me when I’ve walked past.

It sounds like they’ve gone for a theme change. It used to be a ‘normal’ Italian restaurant. I have mentioned it somewhere on the forum. Food was ok. Expensive for what it was. Service was ok. My table had a view of the kitchen and I’d left a lot of my salad. I saw the Manageress telling the chef to reuse the leaves. 

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

18 hours ago, Halfaboy said:

Same owner as Nathan's. They discourage single persons from visiting. Enough for me....

I did not know that and I would consider that to be a negative. btw - saw him driving down the street the other day in what I think was a new BMW. Hope that the vet is ok. :)

On 11/01/2020 at 12:01, davidge said:

...... My table had a view of the kitchen and I’d left a lot of my salad. I saw the Manageress telling the chef to reuse the leaves. 

That is pretty damn disgusting.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

.......  btw - saw him driving down the street the other day in what I think was a new BMW. Hope that the vet is ok. :)

Now that I think about it a little, it may well have been a jag. We were sitting in a small bar and the GF noticed that I noticed the car and she pointed out that it was Natan.

I was a little depressed after that, as I usually am after seeing a beautiful car that I know I will never be able to afford. Actually, I probably could afford a jag, but not the insurance and I would have to live in a cardboard box and eat 7-11 food all the time. :sad:

Edited by ChiFlyer

10 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

That is pretty damn disgusting.

A certain ex-BM just refused to believe me when I posted about it previously. Not the only thing we disagreed about. :rolleyes:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 1 year later...

I was chatting with one of the building foodies at the pool today. He said that Carpaacio had closed. He also said that an Indonesian restaurant had opened at that location. Word was that the food in the new place was well liked. I will get over there and give it a try before much longer. My friend was going to try it tonight.

For those of you who are out of town, the construction on that piece of road has made it a little difficult to deal with at times.