IGNORED

Rental car with dash-cam?

jor

Living in central Pattaya I don't do a lot of driving so when I need a car I just rent one.

Over the years I have rented from several different companies, all without problems with either the journey, the car or the hire contract.  It's very convenient.

However, having watched some of the 'Bad driving in Thailand' videos I think that a dash-cam, preferably front and rear, would be a useful accessory.

Does anybody know of a rental company whose cars have a dash-cam?  I am not interested in renting or buying a dash-cam for temporary use in a hire car, I want it pre-installed.

Many thanks.

I rent a car each of my 4 trips each year.

I bring one with me and use it and use it each time I rent a car.

I show some of my friend back home some of the video from the SD card and they can believe how bad the driving is in Thaialnd.

If living in Pattaya, I would just go to TukCom and buy one for just a few hundred baht.

As side note a few of Nam's Taxi drivers use them. Just as I ask her a beat up overloaded pickup truck just cut in front of us.

She said that is why.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

• 3 months later...
On 10/01/2020 at 05:33, jor said:

Living in central Pattaya I don't do a lot of driving so when I need a car I just rent one.

Over the years I have rented from several different companies, all without problems with either the journey, the car or the hire contract.  It's very convenient.

However, having watched some of the 'Bad driving in Thailand' videos I think that a dash-cam, preferably front and rear, would be a useful accessory.

Does anybody know of a rental company whose cars have a dash-cam?  I am not interested in renting or buying a dash-cam for temporary use in a hire car, I want it pre-installed.

Many thanks.

Can you recommend some rental companies 

Looking to maybe rent a car or pickup  for 10 to 14 days on my next trip 

cheers 

Did you ever feel that just by jumping on a plane, All your cares would drop away

And you'd be born again,Returning to a nature child,

Happy wild and free.

55 minutes ago, templeman said:

A few BMs rent, keep an eye on the relevant forum: https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/62-items-for-sale-or-rent/

Because I never plan and tend to things last minute not had luck with the above so I use National Rental  https://www.nationalcarthailand.com/locations/pattaya-downtown/. Decent price, nice to know help available nation wide if required, never had any issues with them, drop-off and pick-up from your accommodation.

There are smart phone apps that may be suitable for limited use.

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

13 hours ago, templeman said:

Looking to maybe rent a car or pickup  for 10 to 14 days on my next trip 

cheers 

I used to use Escape Rentals on Soi Diana but they now do Scooters only.  But I would still recommend them as a dependable company if you are looking for a scooter.

Since then, I use a small Thai company on Soi Excite.  Not sure if it has a name but it is just up from Bake and Brew on the same side and they have cars and pick-ups.  Not new cars but very flexible in their approach, e.g. they let me take the car the evening before on the understanding that it will not be used that evening but just parked in the hotel car park.  This lets me put all my stuff in the car that evening ready for an early start the next morning.

Never had a problem with the above so can't tell how they would react if there was a problem.

The only time there was a problem was the one time I rented from PattayaGolf.  My co-driver damaged the car although it was still driveable.  When I returned the car, PG quite correctly kept the deposit but took no further action.  I mention it just to show that PG are a decent company in my experience.  It is only embarrassment that has stopped me using them again.

Back to the OP, I would still like to know of any car-rentals with dash-cam.  Please don't tell me I can buy one in TukCom, I thought I covered that in my original post.

Thanks.

Jor