IGNORED

Flight return bookings over 30 days

stuart99057

Hiya . I was looking to book a return ticket from the UK  exceeding the 30 days. Around  50 days with doing a Via run or a visit to Thai Immigration. Has anybody been stopped from entering Thailand  because the return ticket exceeds the 30 days ?  

9 hours ago, worldpunter said:

why not get a 2 month visa then no problem  , 

Because  I want to  experience a few days in Cambodia on a visa run. I hear it's  a good for a few days.

More likely to be denied boarding in the UK without proof of flight out within 30 days. Why not book a flight to Cambodia in advance.

book a cheap flight to cambodia

airline should allow you board then

Thai immigration will not ask about return ticket

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

I've been asked at UK check in about exceeding 30 days and i had proof of onward travel. 

i once booked a 30 + day trip ..

was asked at check in  about visa

showed them my chinese work visa, ok no problem:P

didnt evenn have to show flight from BKK to china:o

Edited by fostraswift

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

I think I read on here somewhere a BM booking a return flight using Expedia on the day of their flight out as they have a 24h free cancellation policy. Then cancelling once in Thailand

Thank you everybody . Great advice. I will  PRE .....  book flight to either Cambodia or Vietnam around  28 days into my trip. 

Spend a week or 2 there and then fly back into Thailand giving me 30 days more and then fly home. Provided I have proof of onward travel this should be ok right ?  Has anybody else had issues with immigration doing this ?  

Thank you everybody . Great advice. I will  PRE .....  book flight to either Cambodia or Vietnam around  28 days into my trip. 
Spend a week or 2 there and then fly back into Thailand giving me 30 days more and then fly home. Provided I have proof of onward travel this should be ok right ?  Has anybody else had issues with immigration doing this ?  

I’ve flown from the U.K (LHR) to SE Asia many times over recent years, including Thailand.

The airline you’re departing with has a duty to check you have return or onward travel. They will especially pick up on this if you only have a one-way flight out of the country. It’s now when, if prompted, you will need to provide evidence of such travel.

For me it’s usually been a flight to another country. HOWEVER it hasn’t always been within 30 days, as I will tell them I intend to extend my stay, and I will show them existing exemption on arrival stamps already in my passport. But nevertheless, I will have evidence of onward travel.

On one occasion I wasn’t sure what I was going to do, so I booked a cheapy $30 bus fare with Giant Ibis from Bangkok to Siem reap. You can also get cheap buses to other neighbouring countries, or you can use a service such as bestonwardticket.

If you’re now intending to have another flight already booked within the 30 days to wherever, then no you won’t have any issues. BUT be aware when you fly from (presumably) Bangkok to that new destination, they may also ask for evidence of onward travel. However, as an example, I’ve flown many times from DMK to PNH with AirAsia one-way, and they’ve never asked for proof of onward ticket.

• Like 1

try book a visa run

ask here for a booking and get email confirmation that will do no fees

https://fivestarvisaruns.com/#cambodia

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

8 hours ago, stuart99057 said:

That's what I did last year, 28 days Thailand, 7 days Vietnam and back to Thailand for 25 days, no problem with Immigration and it maxed out the 62 days on my insurance policy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bangna said:

That's what I did last year, 28 days Thailand, 7 days Vietnam and back to Thailand for 25 days, no problem with Immigration and it maxed out the 62 days on my insurance policy.

Did you need to get a visa for Vietnam ?   Dont  know if  uk residents need them. Is it like Thailand 30 day exception ?

56 minutes ago, stuart99057 said:

Did you need to get a visa for Vietnam ?   Dont  know if  uk residents need them. Is it like Thailand 30 day exception ?

Vietnam visa free for 15 days after that evisa

Yep just buy cheap flight to Cambodia before 30 days is up and keep as proof otherwise they will stop you at check in or from boarding in UK if wherever you are starting from outward. 

Edited by cheetzie

11 hours ago, stuart99057 said:

As Sleuth said, no visa required for UK passport holder up to 15 days but you need a flight out booked.

• Like 1