Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Farewell to a Favorite

Evil Penevil

Your tale underlines a real truth, that you've got to enjoy things to-the-full while they're there, as something (you or them !) can & will change, sooner or later.  So focus on building memories, and sharing them with others, as you yourself do !  :Clap:

I feel much-the-same about a German restaurant in Lamai on Koh Samui, where I used to eat Bauernfruhstuck for breakfast most-days, in the early-90s  ...  Happy Memories are the Best Kind ! :rolleyes: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sounds nice.

Interesting story behind the demise of the restaurant unlikely.

Landlord got a higher paying tenant.

Probably 7-11 / condo/hotel development

Sad

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

post-44180-0-59180800-1344972136.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

On 09/01/2020 at 01:43, Evil Penevil said:

This is the current state of what had been one of my favorite small Thai restaurants:  sadaa.jpg.0ca48bf223cab98552d1d7e25097d6d9.jpg sadbbb50.jpg.0074f67ed14ccb9f9f240a5ffeeb205d.jpg   default_Cry4.gif.b84f243270b99a6a8be951200ee063d7.gif

IMG_0030.jpg.9ed95a19c3e350b0de7ab77e9a3b7474.jpg

That menu has the answer why they fail as many others with the concept everything for everyone. Rule number one: Your strengths in 10 dishes is the concept to go, not 20 pages of frozen shit at least at the farang food section.

I have never understood why thai restaurants have so many farang food varieties, because if you go to thai restaurant, you expect good thai food. I kinda understand why farang restaurants have the overpriced thai food as some punters get their wife of the day in the restauranr and she eats one of the 200bht thai food examples which are 50bht in her favorite spot. That is profit.

• 1 month later...

Damn! I know that area well as I used to stay in the @Mind Residences and you were right that was a great little spot.

How sad!

On 09/01/2020 at 10:13, Evil Penevil said:

It had been located on Pattaya Klang Soi 12 next door to Jameson's Irish Pub and across the street from the Nova Gold hotel.  It usually had plenty of customers, Thai and farang,  so I can't imagine it  was a lack of business that caused it to close.

Bugger...used to eat there almost daily when I stayed in Nova Gold a few years ago.   I would simply try something different every day and was never disappointed.  Shame, but I cannot imagine why I would ever go to that out of the way place again.  Nova Gold was ok but  got to be a PIA as it is too far away from places I like.

Recall the traffic around that corner could be bedlam.  MB's flying up, down and around with limited vision.  Maybe it's for roadworks???

Sorry to hear about this guy. I had never been. Remember the good times my man.