Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

How do I get a walk in shower room areca -They are ignoring my email

tobeornottobe

and there is no distinction on agoda or trip advisor
The Plus rooms are the newly renovated rooms with the shower

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

On 03/01/2020 at 12:47, burgher said:

The Plus rooms are the newly renovated rooms with the shower

I just spent Christmas in a Areca new remodel room (Areca Building), and they now have walk in showers and took the tubs out.

However they no longer have any drawers in the night stands and don't have the long table with the drawers.

There is no place to put you stuff like before.

The lobby staff say that have gotten lots of complaints about no storage for clothes and stuff except in the closet.

I booked my next trip in the Corona Building because of this. 

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

If you book directly on the Areca website you can tell by clicking "room details" and looking for the ones labeled 'shower only no tub'.  Also they are the ones in the "Areca building" and not the Corona or Evergreen.  Agree with Leotex, the storage sucks in the new rooms, with the tradeoff of the nice waterfall shower and nice new look.  I take the tradeoff of the waterfall shower, but could go either way.

Tub Room.PNG

waterfall shower.jpg

Funny, I just had this exact question as I hate bath tubs. I emailed them and they promptly replied, shown below. I double checked their website and saw the 2 room types with walk-in shower (no tub), there are pics there and each room type states which 'wing' that room is located in:

reply from Areca:

We are pleased to inform you that please book Standard Plus 1 king sized bed room or Deluxe plus 1 king sized bed room at Areca wing, there is walk in shower.

Please visit www.arecalodge.com for make a reservation.

@LeoTex great feedback, thanks. Anyone else have any feedback about the renovated rooms, or Areca recently? Looking at booking and the location does it for me, and getting tired of LK Metropole's delapidated state and subpar breakfast (though great for heading straight to LK gogos :Clap8:)

I stayed there for 10 days over Christmas in the new wing.  I really like the location (4th or 5th time staying there).  The new wing looks a lot nicer than the other, but something about the Evergreen Wing that I liked more.  Two huge pools, decent breakfast when I woke up early enough, decent staff.  I enjoyed my stay and will go back again.  Access to LK Metro, nice pools, and quiet rooms are the selling points for me.

al1.jpg

al4.jpg

al3.jpg

al2.jpg

14 hours ago, direct_voyage said:

al2.jpg

Back before the remodel of the Areca Building, this was a wide desk that the TV sat on. The best feature was the 4 drawers in the desk. Plus with the pull out chair type stool, it was a good work desk.

As I said I will still continue to stay at the Areca Lodge, but in the Corona or Evergreen Building.

LeoTex 

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

2 hours ago, LeoTex said:

Back before the remodel of the Areca Building, this was a wide desk that the TV sat on. The best feature was the 4 drawers in the desk. Plus with the pull out chair type stool, it was a good work desk.

As I said I will still continue to stay at the Areca Lodge, but in the Corona or Evergreen Building.

LeoTex 

I thought it was a small dresser under the TV.  I kept trying to open it, and was surprised to see it's just a pointless fixture with no drawers.  This was a mistake, the version in the old wings are much better.

3 hours ago, direct_voyage said:

I thought it was a small dresser under the TV.  I kept trying to open it, and was surprised to see it's just a pointless fixture with no drawers.  This was a mistake, the version in the old wings are much better.

I thought the same thing.

I even ask housekeeping how to open it.

She said " cant open sir"

LeoTex