Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Lost passport help

harrygrout

Hi all, I'm after some advise regards lost passport.. I was here on a 60day SETV and today I went to jontien immigration to extend it for another 30... I've made copies next door and filled in the forms using the table with example forms just inside the door.. I've took the forms to counter and she's stapled them together and by time I've realised I've not got my passport it's no longer on the table... Been and got a police report and plan to go back Monday and see if it's been handed it... Any advise how to proceed if it's not there Monday ... TIA

Contact your embassy. They deal with this all the time. Not too big of an issue really. Just a pain to jump through the hoops required to get it replaced.

1.  Contact Consular Section of the British Embassy; show them the Police report.  They will cancel your lost passport.

2.  Enquire there whether there's sufficient time for you to be issued with a new passport prior to your departure.  That work is now done by VFS - see  https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

3. If that's not possible in your time frame, request an Emergency Travel document from Consular Section.  See https://www.gov.uk/emergency-travel-document

2.  Take Emergency Travel document/new passport to Immigration, together with Consular Section paperwork and the Police report.  That will update your computer record to show that you will be leaving Thailand on a different document to that which you entered with. 

• Like 2

I lost my passport two trips ago. Backtracking I found it at the Currency Exchange I used the day before.

I know only use my AUS Drivers Licence to get money.

54 minutes ago, kansuwan said:

1.  Contact Consular Section of the British Embassy; show them the Police report.  They will cancel your lost passport.

2.  Enquire there whether there's sufficient time for you to be issued with a new passport prior to your departure.  That work is now done by VFS - see  https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

3. If that's not possible in your time frame, request an Emergency Travel document from Consular Section.  See https://www.gov.uk/emergency-travel-document

2.  Take Emergency Travel document/new passport to Immigration, together with Consular Section paperwork and the Police report.  That will update your computer record to show that you will be leaving Thailand on a different document to that which you entered with. 

Regards option 2,

My return flight is April 1st.my plan was to extend for 30 today then either fly out or do a border run for the last 2 months..so I have plenty of time but without the passport I'm stuck .. what would you suggest my options are ?

Option 3..

Is it possible to leave Thailand and return for my home flight on that ETD ?

Edited by harrygrout

• 2 weeks later...

lost passport FYI this was in 1989 thing will be different i gather

Any how.

Went to embassy on the day an was issued me a watermarked document to cover me as a passport to do things banking ect ect.

Paid full price for a new one within a week a one year temporary passport was issued on arrival back home 10 year passport replaced the temporary one year  at no cost. 

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

On 03/01/2020 at 12:13, harrygrout said:

Is it possible to leave Thailand and return for my home flight on that ETD ?

ETD is valid for only 1 specific date.Your journey home...Don't get your dates wrong otherwise the ETD will be invalid.Border Control in UK will keep your ETD on your arrival in UK.

9 hours ago, lingling said:

ETD is valid for only 1 specific date.Your journey home...Don't get your dates wrong otherwise the ETD will be invalid.Border Control in UK will keep your ETD on your arrival in UK.

I've read you get 5 journeys to get yourself home. But cannot leave and return to thailand on a ETD

You can't go swanning around on an ETD...It's only valid on the specific dates that you are travelling on to get you home..Your best bet is to go to the British Embassy in Bkk with all your travel documents/evidence of flight reservations, Police reports and ask if you have enough time to apply for a new Passport.Unfortunately it involves a lot of fucking about and cursing and waiting in line.It's very frustrating dealing with them but you just have to be patient and try not to lose your cool.