IGNORED

Advice on Accomodation for a Digital Nomad

Jeffone

I have been to Pattaya many times, mostly on holiday.  I am looking to start spending a week here and there working out of my hotel by day and enjoying my favorite city in the world by night.  To do this I need to have decent bandwidth that is as solid as possible.  I need to be on video conferences and connecting to various online services for work all day.  It has always been best practice for me to stay in condos because I have my own dedicated internet connection.  For that reason I have made VT6 my home away from home.  I have good luck with VT6 but an wondering if there is something better.  Perhaps another condo or even a hotel with reliable internet.  Not even sure the latter exists in the world.  Any thoughts on places would be welcome.  I like to stay on the Walking Street side of Central and not too far from LK Metro.  I have tried the condos behind Centara across from Travelers and been disappointed by the thinnest possible towels known to man and pretty much uncaring host.  I looked at the Base but thought the time it took me to get from the room to second road was excessive.  I mean VT6 takes some effort but the Base.  Damn!  Wish they had a back door exit to LK Metro:)  My budget tops out at 2k bht per night which i think is generous.  And I like to stay in super clean and nice places. 

Maybe VT 6 is the best?  It likely is for me.  But I thought I would see if the grand masters of Pattaya have some thoughts on places I simply haven't considered.  Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Jeffone

I would stay at the base. Amazing pool, good gym, nice rooms, good internet, right between Soi 6 and Walking Street, Mike’s Mall right across with a great gym. Restaurants everywhere. Not sure about your proximity issues. Baht busses and motor bike taxi right outside your door. Usually costs around 12-1500 Baht per night. Good luck

2 hours ago, BAHTDUDE said:

I would stay at the base. Amazing pool, good gym, nice rooms, good internet, right between Soi 6 and Walking Street, Mike’s Mall right across with a great gym. Restaurants everywhere. Not sure about your proximity issues. Baht busses and motor bike taxi right outside your door. Usually costs around 12-1500 Baht per night. Good luck

Except you end up working in the kitchen, as thats where the table is. God help you if you stay on soi diana side (karaoke).

2 hours ago, BAHTDUDE said:

I thik I end up walking just as far to LK Metro because you have to walk all the way out of that huge complex to Second Road.  IT seems like extra steps to me and makes View Talay 6 closer.  Do you disagree?

32 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

Except you end up working in the kitchen, as thats where the table is. God help you if you stay on soi diana side (karaoke).

Hmmm.. I dont know about working in the kitchen.  I guess I could manage it. 

Is karaoke really a problem from 5am - 2 pm?  Those are my working hours. 

I just spent a few days at the LK Metropole and they have increased their internet service/speed since I was there a few months earlier.

Plenty of room to do your work.

Can't beat the location if you want to say in the LK Metro area and within your budget.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

1 hour ago, Jeffone said:

I thik I end up walking just as far to LK Metro because you have to walk all the way out of that huge complex to Second Road.  IT seems like extra steps to me and makes View Talay 6 closer.  Do you disagree?

Hmmm.. I dont know about working in the kitchen.  I guess I could manage it. 

Is karaoke really a problem from 5am - 2 pm?  Those are my working hours. 

Working at 5am lol. I'd prefer the annoying karaoke.

9 hours ago, LeoTex said:

I just spent a few days at the LK Metropole and they have increased their internet service/speed since I was there a few months earlier.

Plenty of room to do your work.

Can't beat the location if you want to say in the LK Metro area and within your budget.

LeoTex

When you say upgraded their internet....  How strong is the signal?  Any lost connections?  Did you do a speed test by chance?

Also, how is the noise factor there?  That has always scared me a bit.

8 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

Working at 5am lol. I'd prefer the annoying karaoke.

Better to be working at 5am in Patts vs anywhere else.  :)

36 minutes ago, Jeffone said:

When you say upgraded their internet....  How strong is the signal?  Any lost connections?  Did you do a speed test by chance?

Also, how is the noise factor there?  That has always scared me a bit.

No never did a speed test, only know that the speed was faster than the previous trip. No lost connection.

I have never had a problem with outside noise there.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.