IGNORED

Luxury condo wanted to rent (75-150sqm) for February

Nongprue

I need a quality condo for the majority of February. 1 bedroom is fine.

Must be decent quality, no mix and match crap furniture.

Needs a proper western quality mattress, not some Bt2000 cheap Thai rubbish.

Will need modern TVs, one in bedroom, one in living room. Should really be 50" or larger but will accept 42".

Very fast internet. No shared with 20 other condos nonsense.

Flexible in terms of location. From Jomtien to North Pattaya.

Must be able to email photos of the actual condo, not generic off the web stuff.

There must be someone on the ground to contact if there are any problems.

You must be able to explain your relationship to the condo ownership.

Rather than PM and fill my inbox, post the details here so others can also see what is available. I will contact you if I am interested and we can discuss privately. Please put your prices in the responses. No price, I won't follow it up.

Thanks.

7 hours ago, Nongprue said:

I need a quality condo for the majority of February. 1 bedroom is fine.

Must be decent quality, no mix and match crap furniture.

Needs a proper western quality mattress, not some Bt2000 cheap Thai rubbish.

Will need modern TVs, one in bedroom, one in living room. Should really be 50" or larger but will accept 42".

Flexible in terms of location. From Jomtien to North Pattaya.

Must be able to email photos of the actual condo, not generic off the web stuff.

There must be someone on the ground to contact if there are any problems.

You must be able to explain your relationship to the condo ownership.

Rather than PM and fill my inbox, post the details here so others can also see what is available. I will contact you if I am interested and we can discuss privately. Please put your prices in the responses. No price, I won't follow it up.

Thanks.

555  i dont think you will be doing any following up.

There's like 10 BM total  here that can help with your demands where the relationship will be more than my realtor last time 

Your in the wrong section for starters if you want some help on  where and how  asking is better.and add your budget.

start with reading real estate section there tips and leads there 

And you want this from your  location not on the ground i gather good luck 

can i ask what good is a big TV if its hasn't got cable or satellite connection you did not ask for that 

or air con /pool/ gym/ fridge/equipet kitchen .ect ect.

Any how try honeys coffee shop all there condos have own internet and i know a BM that gave his one for them to rent out  bit  now i think sold that has what you want going for 50k long term so maybe 65k for your short term if available.

Edited by talung66
  • Like 2

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

22 hours ago, talung66 said:

555  i dont think you will be doing any following up.

There's like 10 BM total  here that can help with your demands where the relationship will be more than my realtor last time 

Your in the wrong section for starters if you want some help on  where and how  asking is better.and add your budget.

start with reading real estate section there tips and leads there 

And you want this from your  location not on the ground i gather good luck 

can i ask what good is a big TV if its hasn't got cable or satellite connection you did not ask for that 

or air con /pool/ gym/ fridge/equipet kitchen .ect ect.

Any how try honeys coffee shop all there condos have own internet and i know a BM that gave his one for them to rent out  bit  now i think sold that has what you want going for 50k long term so maybe 65k for your short term if available.

Honeys ? really ? Tired apartments, overpriced and with poor maintenance in some regards and if you want to secure from overseas, you could end up with a shit hole and homeless if you don't accept.

TV plus internet is all you need. All Thai cable is crap so don't need at all.

Online is largely bait and switch, AirBnB, booking.com, etc. all no guarantee you get what you pay for.

For sure, go waste time when in town walking around endless condos or try to do it from overseas ?

22 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

Sounds like an owners worst nightmare.

I am, if you try to give me shit and claim it is the dog's bollocks.

But if you have something good and charge top dollar then I am your best tenant as I don't fuck a place up and I can pay the bills.

21 hours ago, NCWave said:

The really strange point is this guy already posted 1874 posts here :Crazy1:

Errr ? Relevance ?

Clearly most on here have either never been to Thailand or live in shoebox rooms but some of us don't.

I "live" in the Avani 100+ days a year but they have pissed me off after 20+ years of knowing them so I'm reluctantly looking for alternatives and let's say the usual plethora of low budget stuff doesn't tick my boxes.

An upscale condo would more than likely be following the Thai government's rule of no rentals less than 30 days.  I saw a sign at Centric Sea that stated that they wanted to see return air tickets and anyone trying to stay there less than 30 days that they would call the police.  Not a problem if the condo has a hotel license.  My condo is following the same rules and since it only has 55 units its easy to notice a new tenant.

Edited by usexpat46
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

I saw a sign at Centric Sea that stated that they wanted to see return air tickets and anyone trying to stay there less than 30 days that they would call the police

Now, that will really stir up the (illegal) condo market, guess they'll be some cheap rent around if more condos follow same policy

On 02/01/2020 at 13:04, talung66 said:

A big TV without cable or satellite is a lot of good.  My usual condo has a big TV with cable and satellite (and also a fast internet modem right under the TV) and I never use the cable or satellite.  Probably some dodgy load of Thai TV channels, I've never looked.

What I want a big TV for is to hook up to my laptop as a second screen, and I do all my viewing from the laptop, either stuff I've previously downloaded off the hard drive, or streaming stuff from the internet using the fast internet connection.

Cable and satellite is last decade, maybe even two decades ago, move forwards. 

OP, I think you'll struggle with getting your must-have private internet.  That's fairly rare in medium term condos for rent, most of them just use the shared building wifi which is usually rubbish.  When you find a AirBnb-type condo with private internet already installed you tend to stick with that condo, (and don't tell anyone else because it only takes one other booking to stuff up your plans)

Edited by SirL
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nongprue said:

I am, if you try to give me shit and claim it is the dog's bollocks.

But if you have something good and charge top dollar then I am your best tenant as I don't fuck a place up and I can pay the bills.

I read your enquiry as a high risk tenant. You won’t like the mattress or the tv is an inch smaller and you cancel upon arrival. As for the attitude! yikes. You’ll get zero response.

You need to chill and get laid maybe lol. I guess thats why you’re coming.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Nongprue said:

Honeys ? really ? Tired apartments, overpriced and with poor maintenance in some regards and if you want to secure from overseas, you could end up with a shit hole and homeless if you don't accept.

TV plus internet is all you need. All Thai cable is crap so don't need at all.

Online is largely bait and switch, AirBnB, booking.com, etc. all no guarantee you get what you pay for.

For sure, go waste time when in town walking around endless condos or try to do it from overseas ?

OP yes honeys  if you read my reply properly i said they might have ONE that fits your needs and one only as i have seen it personally where everything was brand new  complete with surround sound system.

23 hours ago, Nongprue said:

I "live" in the Avani 100+ days a year but they have pissed me off after 20+ years of knowing them so I'm reluctantly looking for alternatives and let's say the usual plethora of low budget stuff doesn't tick my boxes.

it only been avani for 3 years as a x marriott staff member they would have  bent over backward to keep you 

+  a one bedrooms your  size will be over 10 years old the newly built  ones only come in max 60 sqm shit.

think your only hope is trying to find sharky's pimp pad with your budget think he will even  buy a new bed if you need it but I can't see it online any more think it is the 27 floor corner unit 250 USD a night last i remember 

or try  

https://condo-pattaya.com/condominium/156-sqm-27th-floor-penthouse/

https://condo-pattaya.com/condominium/239sqm-12th-floor-corner-unit/

22 hours ago, SirL said:

A big TV without cable or satellite is a lot of good.  My usual condo has a big TV with cable and satellite (and also a fast internet modem right under the TV) and I never use the cable or satellite.  Probably some dodgy load of Thai TV channels, I've never looked.

What I want a big TV for is to hook up to my laptop as a second screen, and I do all my viewing from the laptop, either stuff I've previously downloaded off the hard drive, or streaming stuff from the internet using the fast internet connection.

Cable and satellite is last decade, maybe even two decades ago, move forwards. 

OP, I think you'll struggle with getting your must-have private internet.  That's fairly rare in medium term condos for rent, most of them just use the shared building wifi which is usually rubbish.  When you find a AirBnb-type condo with private internet already installed you tend to stick with that condo, (and don't tell anyone else because it only takes one other booking to stuff up your plans)

i dont understand Ok for me it a must coming from Australia with australia plus network and the the movie channels are great sometimes the condo i stay in uses http://www.tmncabletv.com/ find it ok though sophorn cable was better for TV guide.

Plus i use the condos shared wifi for streaming and find it good i can stream no issues though i have figured out i needed a HDMI extension and 2 meter cable from my last roon to get it the only downfall is i cant use a vpn to stream australian channels as it forces it to use

Edited by talung66

On 03/01/2020 at 14:00, SirL said:

Maybe I have been lucky, but I have lived in Pattaya over two years in 3 different condos and every one of them had the private internet. Speed was around 50/10Mbit/s. That was enough for my needs.

1 hour ago, jpmelville said:

Maybe I have been lucky, but I have lived in Pattaya over two years in 3 different condos and every one of them had the private internet. Speed was around 50/10Mbit/s. That was enough for my needs.

With a router inside the condo you can connect your laptop to with an ethernet wire?  My experience is that you've done very well there, or maybe I've been unlucky.  I think most AirBnB condos leave the renter to use the rubbishy shared building internet.

2 hours ago, SirL said:

With a router inside the condo you can connect your laptop to with an ethernet wire?  My experience is that you've done very well there, or maybe I've been unlucky.  I think most AirBnB condos leave the renter to use the rubbishy shared building internet.

No need to connect with cable. Wifi works well with those kinds of speeds. In Hua Hin I had the shared wifi with router in the corridor and it worked ok also. Can watch the streaming TV etc.

Those condos in Pattaya didn't even had a shared wifi, that's why owners had to get a router to have a internet. All the buildings had a cabling to have the router setup very easy. I think that is way to go as the price of the good internet connection is around 700bht/month. Also minimum maintenance fees for the condo block.

2 hours ago, jpmelville said:

No need to connect with cable. Wifi works well with those kinds of speeds. In Hua Hin I had the shared wifi with router in the corridor and it worked ok also. Can watch the streaming TV etc.

Those condos in Pattaya didn't even had a shared wifi, that's why owners had to get a router to have a internet. All the buildings had a cabling to have the router setup very easy. I think that is way to go as the price of the good internet connection is around 700bht/month. Also minimum maintenance fees for the condo block.

You're not clear on whether you had a router inside the condo to which you could connect with an ethernet wire, which is what I mean by private internet.  Some sort of shared router in the corridor isn't the same, I find a wired connection is much better.  Not a big thing though, it doesn't matter.

This is the set top boxes under the TV in my usual condo, and its this sort of 3BB router that is what I call private internet, not a shared router in the corridor.  I ethernet connect my laptop to the 3BB router to get a good connection.  Wired is always much better than wireless.  It's a router like this within the condo that is private internet, and IMO it's fairly rare in Pattaya rentals.  I then HDMI my laptop into the TV above as a second screen and watch everything off the laptop, either live streaming or off the hard drive.  I don't bother with the cable TV channels, which are probably some useless bunch of Thai rubbish.

AModem.jpg.ec95c1028f7712550287e7ec5734f6cb.jpg

Edited by SirL

4 hours ago, SirL said:

Every one bags the shared wifi in my building as well but its great 

I have mentioned before it all dependent on where the router is situated in the corridor in one room it was outside the door perfect zero issues the other with the router 10  meters away and the my  workstation table making it 20 meates total it wasn't good some time non existent 

Al i had to do was move the table to close to the door all good again 

8 minutes ago, talung66 said:

Every one bags the shared wifi in my building as well but its great 

I have mentioned before it all dependent on where the router is situated in the corridor in one room it was outside the door perfect zero issues the other with the router 10  meters away and the my  workstation table making it 20 meates total it wasn't good some time non existent 

Al i had to do was move the table to close to the door all good again 

Well I'd rather have a wired connection to the 3BB box as above, that's what I call private internet, but all to their own, maybe its only important to me.  IMO it's too much hassle to have to move your table over to near the door.  I've been there and done that loads of times, and I don't like it.

Edited by SirL

3 minutes ago, SirL said:

Well I'd rather have a wired connection to the 3BB box as above, that's what I call private internet, but all to their own, maybe its only important to me.

yes just replying and everyone saying shared is rubbish it works for me.no issues streaming for me.

1 minute ago, talung66 said:

yes just replying and everyone saying shared is rubbish it works for me.no issues streaming for me.

I'm just replying to the OP, with his, errr, rather specific wishes.

On 02/01/2020 at 05:59, Nongprue said:

From the tone of his OP, I somehow doubt he wants to be moving his table to close to the door to get a good connection to shared wifi.

On 04/01/2020 at 10:29, talung66 said:

OP yes honeys  if you read my reply properly i said they might have ONE that fits your needs and one only as i have seen it personally where everything was brand new  complete with surround sound system.

Honeys, like Dancewatchers, are moderate players in the field but none have taken VT6 like the Oasis have at Diana Estate. It really needs someone to gut 10/20 condos and refit to good mid range quality and then keep it there. As it is, you could hit up a 10 year old 40" plasma with no connections or a wobbly budget 50" LCD with crap picture.

it only been avani for 3 years as a x marriott staff member they would have  bent over backward to keep you 

I have had corporate rates with the hotel for years and they did bend over the keep me when it changed and I lost 100 days of Marriott status each year.

However, they like many Thais, have lost the plot and started to penny pinch. First was a request and then a requirement that each stay be 30+ days. Want to stay 29 days ? Fuck you, pay more. A couple of times they relented then they played hard ball.

Inclusive laundry. Always on my list, then non accumulative, then lastly some Somchai telling me that X pieces per day really means X pieces per stay. So stay 40 days and get 5 pieces of laundry free or stay 1 days and get 5 free ? Somchai understood, or said he did, but inside he was smiling and saying "fuck you".

Other personal items, negotiated with the hotel so unlike anyone else's package, quietly went missing from future reservations.

In the end I asked if they wanted to lose me. They said no but they could do nothing. So fuck them.

+  a one bedrooms your  size will be over 10 years old the newly built  ones only come in max 60 sqm shit.

No they don't. Don't read everything you see on the Pattaya net !

The current trend is for finished units, not shells. However, if you are in when they are building, you can have any number of alterations made, including seamless joining units.

All VT2 stuff is 37, 43, 47 sqm but multiples in many forms exist.

think your only hope is trying to find sharky's pimp pad with your budget think he will even  buy a new bed if you need it but I can't see it online any more think it is the 27 floor corner unit 250 USD a night last i remember 

or try  

https://condo-pattaya.com/condominium/156-sqm-27th-floor-penthouse/

https://condo-pattaya.com/condominium/239sqm-12th-floor-corner-unit/

I know the Casa Pascal ones and they aren't free though thanks for sharing the links.

Sharky's ? Wouldn't give that bloke a dime.

On 03/01/2020 at 12:23, taylor1975 said:

I read your enquiry as a high risk tenant. You won’t like the mattress or the tv is an inch smaller and you cancel upon arrival. As for the attitude! yikes. You’ll get zero response.

You need to chill and get laid maybe lol. I guess thats why you’re coming.

Quite the contrary. I deal in precision, accuracy, not fucking lies and am happy to pay top dollar.

What Pattaya has always lacked was a professional approach to short term rentals and I did once look at fixing that but the tech wasn't available back then and now traction is with the big boys.

I even considered this approach. Rent a condo where I knew it wouldn't have what I wanted and then just ask the owner to junk his stuff and I'd buy new and leave it behind. Not as mad as it sounds really if the price was right. I'v bought fridges, microwaves etc. and left them after a few weeks.

1 hour ago, Nongprue said:

I even considered this approach. Rent a condo where I knew it wouldn't have what I wanted and then just ask the owner to junk his stuff and I'd buy new and leave it behind. Not as mad as it sounds really if the price was right. I'v bought fridges, microwaves etc. and left them after a few weeks

well if your paying $250 USD a night for 100 nights at 750k total in baht 5 years worth of rent . Just give me the 3.75 mill and i'll buy a condo for double with all the fitting you want 

For 10 years worth of timeshare of 100 day per year and i'll throw in bills/cleaning/and laundry. 

Think of it as saving 3.75 million 

it will work out ven for me if i bought in 2012 compared to now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Nongprue said:

Quite the contrary. I deal in precision, accuracy, not fucking lies and am happy to pay top dollar.

What Pattaya has always lacked was a professional approach to short term rentals and I did once look at fixing that but the tech wasn't available back then and now traction is with the big boys.

I even considered this approach. Rent a condo where I knew it wouldn't have what I wanted and then just ask the owner to junk his stuff and I'd buy new and leave it behind. Not as mad as it sounds really if the price was right. I'v bought fridges, microwaves etc. and left them after a few weeks.

As I understand it you wish to rent a condo for 3-4 weeks. You have quite explicit criteria in terms of what your looking for...good on you as being clear about what you want is a great start in terms of getting what you want. 

Given that you don’t mind paying for quality and that your rental term is akin to a holiday let, why not consider a classy apart-hotel. They offer a full apartment experience, but at the same time offer hotel services. More to the point, they are specifically designed for guys like yourself who are only staying for a few weeks. One example of the many apart-hotels I have stayed in is Amari Nova Suites.

5B9AA581-35E3-4E05-AF1F-C3319B96DF9F.jpeg

D479D147-2E33-42E9-9FA3-67AAFC4D3DB9.jpeg

FC2F574D-9E8D-4817-9A1B-9A8A946F632A.jpeg

795BC978-162C-4E56-8604-62996F2D3CB1.jpeg