Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hotel privi soi yamoto bad experience

princeofwales

The most terrible experience as an Agoda member.

I arrived at privi hotel after booking 24 hours ahead

The hotel receptionist was looking stressed and shouting at staff

They told me the hotel was full and no room available 

As I tried to explain and show my booking and confirmation code 2 members of staff turned there back to me as I was speaking to them and refused to acknowledge me.

The money was gone from my account

More parties arrived looking for a room and things escalated,

2 members of staff started to shout and swear at the top of there voices and then quit there jobs on the spot.

Exclaiming that the manager was crazy

They just picked up there bags and walked out shouting as they went

I was asked sit and wait for 3 hours at reception 

After a long wait I was give a room

It was a room that was locked off because it needed repairs 

It was filthy there was 30mm of water in the bath room from leaking toilet 

The room stank the phone and tv were broke and door would not lock properly 

I was made to stay in this room for a few nights over new year including new years eve 

I asked for a refund I would have rather slept on the beach I was refused

I was told to speak to Agoda for a refund

They would not let use anyone use their phone to call agoda 

I was moved to a normal room few days later

The hotel didn't even offer an apology never mind any sort of compensation 

As VIP Agoda member I was appalled 

This was my single worst hotel experience ever.

It was new year or I would just walked and said goodbye the the money

POW

• Sad 4

Thanks for the report, princeofwales.  Privi hotel has always been cheaper than others in that area, but due to the negative reports on Agoda, I have never stayed there.  And after this report, i never will.

looked on Agoda and the Privi hotel gets real good reviews in general - 7.1 user rated... guess that might change over time if other customers experience what you did and report it in reviews of the hotel...

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

Escalate it to Agoda, better if you have pictures too. They can offer you a credit shell for next bookings.

................................................................................................................

Did you take photos??? Without photos to show Agoda as evidence, it’ll be hard to prove your claim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did they physically restrain you from leaving? You were "made to stay" in the shitty room? 

Did they physically restrain you from leaving? You were "made to stay" in the shitty room? 
Yeah, I don't get why he stayed there.

Should've taken some photos, and go to another hotel, contacted Agoda and get a refund. There are so many hotels that it wouldn't have been a problem to find a room.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Read my trip reports here, thanks:

September 2019November 2019

May 2023November 2023

22 minutes ago, Poontwang said:

He could have simply walked around the corner and got a room at the Die Nasty, Lek mai balls, Sandy Snatch or The Golden Crabs hotel...  :D:P

Edited by JasonL

28 minutes ago, JasonL said:

He could have simply walked around the corner and got a room at the Die Nasty, Lek mai balls, Sandy Snatch or The Golden Crabs hotel...  :D:P

Your right I could have and should have

But I was tired and had a bit of luggage 

Terrible experience but I can't understand why you didn't go elsewhere.  They're plenty of vacant rooms in Pattaya. Actually taking the room might impact your chances of a refund.  

Edited by sinbad5

I stayed a week at the Privi a few years ago and had no problems at all.  At that time it was owned and operated by a very friendly family of Filipinos.  Of course, if it has changed ownership, things could be very different.  

I hope you took pictures.   Submit them with your complaint to Agoda.  Write reviews for both  Agoda and TripAdvisor and give the hotel the lowest rating.

However, the best way would have been to have contacted Agoda as soon as you had a problem checking in.  I assume you didn't call Agoda because you didn't have a cellphone.  I would have gone to an Internet cafe or somewhere else I could have used a phone.  Agoda's customer service reps are very good at sorting out such problems.

Evil

• Like 2

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

The told it was Chinese owned 

The gave me the name Patricia lin but nothing more

The reception girl was Philippine 

1 hour ago, sinbad5 said:

Terrible experience but I can't understand why you didn't go elsewhere.  They're plenty of vacant rooms in Pattaya. Actually taking the room might impact your chances of a refund.  

I really should of

If you are a  king of England , you might have a better chance .. :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, princeofwales said:

I have had full refund in the form of Agoda cash to use within the next 3 months :D

:Clap:

1 hour ago, princeofwales said:

I'm still going to slam the hotel on reviews

The hotel deserves it.  Shame that you can't do one on Agoda,  but TripAdvisor is the most widely read.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Even if you could post a review the fact is that Agoda would edit it and delete much of the negative stuff. That's who they are and there are plenty of four letter words to describe them. 

Tricky buggers
Because I had to cancel my booking to receive the refund
I can no longer list a review

You can on Trip Advisor, which is the most read anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Read my trip reports here, thanks:

September 2019November 2019

May 2023November 2023