Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Etihad online check in no seats available

gungadin

Trying to check in online,no seats available for second leg.They can't all be reserved.

Anyone else had this problem.im not paying to reserve a seat.24 hrs till departure

Edited by gungadin

Had the same issue with my return Emirates flight. 

Fee free Emirates seat options will be available on the return flight BUT they won't show online till online check in opens 48hrs before the flights due to depart. 

May be the same with Etihad?

Edited by Baddave

Had something similar or a recent Thai flight.

Checked in online, moments after it opened (24hrs before flight), only 2 seats available, on an A380.

55 minutes ago, Baddave said:

Had the same issue with my return Emirates flight. 

Fee free Emirates seat options will be available on the return flight BUT they won't show online till online check in opens 48hrs before the flights due to depart. 

May be the same with Etihad?

He says second leg, not return. 

4 hours ago, gungadin said:

Trying to check in online,no seats available for second leg.They can't all be reserved.

Anyone else had this problem.im not paying to reserve a seat.24 hrs till departure

it probably won't show the seats available because you don't want to pay. i never reserve seats but i never have a problem either, and i have done countless flights with etihad to and from thailand .

just make sure you arrive at check in with plenty of time

it's not clear from your post if your departure is now imminent ie less than 24 hrs to go. if this is the case it could be that available remaining seats are classed as premium. on etihad apart from seats by exits etc which have more legroom they have sections called "economy space" these are whole areas where the seats have been adjusted to give more legroom.

now they like to charge for them but if the flight is full sooner or later regular fare customers will end up sitting in them. i have a gold freq flyer card and i've been allocated that type of seating several times

this whole bit is economy space sept last year bkk to abu dhabi

400471192_21sept002(Custom).JPG.3c45e23098a705c7524dc97d8624ec72.JPG

your flight is unlikely to be as quiet, this is after boarding had finished

1846043468_21sept003(Custom).JPG.348dab169a18f26b69472fa5c598a6ee.JPG

note extra legroom

21 sept 001 (Custom).JPG

i did a head count later. i think it was 144 "extra space seats" and around 16 passengers

Edited by striderman

I flew with Etihad economy last month and had this problem checking in with 2nd leg coming home. Don't panic.

I was able to book my Bangkok to Abi Dhabi seat ok about 25 hours before the flight from Suvarnabhumi and had to go in again online about 8-10 hours later to get my 2nd leg seat 

I'm confident as a single traveller as long as you check in at Suvarnabhumi in plenty of time you should be able to get a free aisle or window seat somewhere on the plane

6 hours ago, striderman said:

it probably won't show the seats available because you don't want to pay. i never reserve seats but i never have a problem either, and i have done countless flights with etihad to and from thailand .

just make sure you arrive at check in with plenty of time

it's not clear from your post if your departure is now imminent ie less than 24 hrs to go. if this is the case it could be that available remaining seats are classed as premium. on etihad apart from seats by exits etc which have more legroom they have sections called "economy space" these are whole areas where the seats have been adjusted to give more legroom.

now they like to charge for them but if the flight is full sooner or later regular fare customers will end up sitting in them. i have a gold freq flyer card and i've been allocated that type of seating several times

this whole bit is economy space sept last year bkk to abu dhabi

400471192_21sept002(Custom).JPG.3c45e23098a705c7524dc97d8624ec72.JPG

your flight is unlikely to be as quiet, this is after boarding had finished

1846043468_21sept003(Custom).JPG.348dab169a18f26b69472fa5c598a6ee.JPG

note extra legroom

21 sept 001 (Custom).JPG

i did a head count later. i think it was 144 "extra space seats" and around 16 passengers

Thanks for that

14 hrs till departure but still nothing showing.Will keep checking and wait till I arrive at the airport if necessary

The whole plane diagram is saying unavailable seats.A few are available for payment

Edited by gungadin

Just now, gungadin said:

Thanks for that

14 hrs till departure but still nothing showing.Will keep checking and wait till I arrive at the airport if necessary

The whole plane diagram is saying unavailable seats.A few are available for payment

they will allocate you a seat anyway as long as you get checked into the first leg on time.. they are holding out trying to tempt an extra payment.....................and if you had long legs then maybe it might be worth it. i reckon about 3/4 inches extra legroom.

i don't have long legs so it ain't a problem.

assuming you are flying out of LHR T4 then i know the flights. there is enough time for the connection but not a huge amount. second leg probably from T3 abu dhabi but it can be T1 so make sure you look at the gate number/terminal.

your 2nd leg tkt gets issued in london at the same time as the one to abu dhabi, hold luggage checked to bkk

Edited by striderman

2 hours ago, striderman said:

they will allocate you a seat anyway as long as you get checked into the first leg on time.. they are holding out trying to tempt an extra payment.....................and if you had long legs then maybe it might be worth it. i reckon about 3/4 inches extra legroom.

i don't have long legs so it ain't a problem.

assuming you are flying out of LHR T4 then i know the flights. there is enough time for the connection but not a huge amount. second leg probably from T3 abu dhabi but it can be T1 so make sure you look at the gate number/terminal.

your 2nd leg tkt gets issued in london at the same time as the one to abu dhabi, hold luggage checked to bkk

Ok thanks

1 HR 50 connection time

14 hours ago, gungadin said:

Ok thanks

1 HR 50 connection time

so if i'm guessing correctly you probably arrived 18 15 ish. 

no problem with the 2nd leg of your flight  ?

Just booked the flight Etihad Airlines last night online from skyscanner . I don’t see any seat available for me yet .i expect I may have to wait for the check in.. Will hope and pray that I will be sitting on the window seat cos I never move out of my seat u til the arrival . I hope I won’t sit on aisle seat cos I want to sleep all the way to Abu Dhabi & Bangkok . 

Always able to check in and reserve seats from LHR going to BKK or Phuket but always now seem to be unable to check in online on return journey. Sometimes the plane has been full or over booked on the way home and the airline has tried to reallocate me onto a later flight or another airline, I always try and refuse the alternatives offered and they have offered me the original flight home sometimes even with an upgrade. Airlines I have used are Finnair, Oman, BA and Qatar.

Edited by cheetzie

12 hours ago, cheetzie said:

Always able to check in and reserve seats from LHR going to BKK or Phuket but always now seem to be unable to check in online on return journey. Sometimes the plane has been full or over booked on the way home and the airline has tried to reallocate me onto a later flight or another airline, I always try and refuse the alternatives offered and they have offered me the original flight home sometimes even with an upgrade. Airlines I have used are Finnair, Oman, BA and Qatar.

My second leg from Abu Dhabi to Bangkok was overbooked.Couldnt book in online.Was only issued one boarding pass for 1st leg.gave me bad anxiety all the way to Abu Dhabi not knowing if I would be kicked off second flight.

Had to get a boarding pass from transfer desk but ended up with a exit row seat that was 57 quid to book

Won't be flying with Etihad again.Too much hassle