IGNORED

Current Best Currency Exchange (Euro) Pattaya

koolgirl1985

Hey guys

I need urgent info of the best currency exchange shops in pattaya. I will be changing Euro into Bath please and Thanks

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TT Exchange is the best I have seen.   They are everywhere.  Yellow and with Black Font on signs.

TT Exchange is always a good choice.

Others may give the same and some odd one may even give just a hint better, but generally TT has the best rates. It's so popular that there is even look a like places with similar color named something like TC Exchange with inferior rates.

You can also check the TT exchance rates from their facebook page or from their web page:
https://www.facebook.com/ttexchange/
https://ttexchange.com/

• Like 1

:Flying:4th trip - "The Afterwork" is finally happening in May :Cheers9:

2 hours ago, koolgirl1985 said:

I will be changing Euro into Bath please and Thanks

You'll take a Bath if you change your money on the arrivals floor at BKK (35 ฿ /Euro)

BKK money changer on  B-floor by Rail Link 38.3 ฿/Euro at Value Plus

Pattaya 38.38 ฿/Euro at TT

18 hours ago, Whalley said:

You'll take a Bath if you change your money on the arrivals floor at BKK (35 ฿ /Euro)

That's a very good advice, DO NOT USE the exchange booths in the arrivals lobby, but USE the ones in the basement.
Rates are usually few bahts / euro better and that can save already a good sum of money with few extra minutes and steps.

But those rates may have been that high somewhere back in 2017 :rolleyes:
Now the "good" rates are around 33,3 B - 33,5 B / EURO

You can also check the current Value+ exchange rates from their site: https://www.valueplusexchange.com/#/

TT is always good... but rarely the best.

Have a look at the exchange office just opposite FriendShip, on South Road

or the tiny shop near MegaBreak, on Soi Diana

TT.

as mentioned they are all over pattaya. unless you plan to exchange more than the national debt of Zimbabwe then look no further

Yes TT are usually the place to go but watch for TC in the same colours and some other versions of "T something".  However during a recent visit I was very surprised to see K Bank had the same rate for Euro as TT which is something I have not seen before.  Don't know if it was a temporary promotion or the start of something new....

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/12/2019 at 22:40, Whalley said:

Jeez .. for a minute there you had me getting excited ! those rates are way off . 

On 28/12/2019 at 22:01, kd_traveller said:

Yes TT are usually the place to go but watch for TC in the same colours and some other versions of "T something".  However during a recent visit I was very surprised to see K Bank had the same rate for Euro as TT which is something I have not seen before.  Don't know if it was a temporary promotion or the start of something new....

I should know this but I don’t ... do they all take €100 notes because I sometimes see a better rate for €100 than for €50 ? . I have always brought €50 denominations and I never even thought about it before now . Thanks ! 

5 hours ago, Terryofcrete said:

I should know this but I don’t ... do they all take €100 notes because I sometimes see a better rate for €100 than for €50 ? . I have always brought €50 denominations and I never even thought about it before now . Thanks ! 

All places take 100€ notes and some places even give few satang better rate for those. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Terryofcrete said:

Ironically you may find it harder to get €100 notes from your bank in Ireland than you would have changing them in Thailand!  For some reason Irish banks use €50 mainly and you may have to order €100 if you want to take them!

Personally I have never seen a sign seeing a higher rate for bigger Euro notes, I have seen a higher rate for US$..

1 hour ago, kd_traveller said:

Personally I have never seen a sign seeing a higher rate for bigger Euro notes, I have seen a higher rate for US$..

you are correct re the €100 notes. I never see them here at home . as regards the small differential in denominations for exchange rates just have a look at Superrich.com .I do know there is a different rate for €50 and €100  in the rate anytime I go to the basement in Swampy.. Possibly not so much in Pattaya 

E3382410-18BC-46B5-8A2F-43E62BA33BD0.png

The real pro choise is to use 200 EUR bills to reduce the quantity of bills. Because as you can see, those 50's will pile up quite fast (that's only about 2,5k EUR). It's also good idea to take few 50's just for the last days, so you don't have to change 200 EUR just for the last few things :wink:

money.thumb.jpg.6708ee85b0bcd4349a56bbac51e3729b.jpg