IGNORED

Witherspoon's . Terrible breakfast

Daffeyduck

Today I went to Witherspoon's for breakfast. After reading good reports.      Ordered a small breakfast 160 bht .At that price. I was expecting a decent bit of grub ! 

" Here's a pic of what I got..and .it actually makes it look good So here's a brake down.                                                     Coffee. Some kind of slush.                          Fruit Juice ..not orange Juice        ..,.         Bacon ..streaky more fat than meat           sausage skinny . Tasteless.              

PLUS....

I had to wait 45 minutes.An absolute waste of money !

IMG_20191225_134921.jpg

I had one there today also! I went for the big one and apart from the 'bacon', if you can call it that, it wasn't too bad. I've had worse.

Some of the staff in there could do with sming once in a while though.

Witherspoons breakfast to me has seen better days. A few years back it was my go to place.

Now a days I can find 5 to 6 others a short walk away that are superior and cheaper.

They have a great location and site but the food has deteriorated a lot in recent years

• Like 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Get yourselves down to Nikkys on second road near the hospital for a superb full English breakfast Hospital is nearby but you won’t be reading it afterwards. 

Must agree with the service comments, staff never smile and even when empty food takes an eternity to arrive. I have stopped frequenting the place.

To name 3 really good places for breakfast in the area in no particular order are Nicky's, The Hideaway and Cafe Pitini all top quality.

Stick with Weatherspoons in the UK :rolleyes:

Edited by Ludhamlad

Just now, GARYZX6R said:

Retox on soi honey was large and nice quality to. 179 baht or 134baht with eatigo app discount.

it also has Dean as a manager.........................who was before retox game on opened at................witherspoons. back when the place was heaving with customers

I-Rovers for me, been going there for years, always good.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, striderman said:

it also has Dean as a manager.........................who was before Retox game on opened at................witherspoons. back when the place was heaving with customers

He obviously knows how to run a good bar/ restaurant then.

Just around the corner,on soi excite,you have the continental bakery and bake n brew. Both highly recommended.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gazO said:

Must agree with the service comments, staff never smile and even when empty food takes an eternity to arrive. I have stopped frequenting the place.

Another aspect for me was the smokers lighting up.  Stay around the corner, but no longer ever eat there...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dan2016 said:

I-Rovers for me, been going there for years, always good.

+1 for i-rovers absolute perfection in a breakfast for me.

The ladyboy waitress serves up a good breakfast sausage I'm led to believe says a friend of mine.

I tried Witherspoons once a couple years ago and wasn't impressed. I also have had breakfast at Robins nest and the Golf Club and both were quite good. But being a passionate CC I will fork out a bit extra for a good buffet.

Edited by badrodald

So I stopped there this morning for a cup of tea and the service lady didn't even speak, never mind smile lol.

So went to I Rovers for breakfast for the first time and it's great. Will certainly come again. 

Edited by daytripperz

14 hours ago, splitpin said:

I stopped going there when they stopped getting newspapers

That’s due to a modern news media ... Free WiFi or your internet  onto Smartphones & IPad . :wink:  For latest news ...

Cannot-go wrong with Bake n Brew , Always had a good  breakie there , not cheap ,  reasonable .  Service is excellent. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, lincsfun said:

The ladyboy waitress serves up a good breakfast sausage I'm led to believe says a friend of mine.

Skin on? :)

23 hours ago, Daffeyduck said:

" Here's a pic of what I got..and .it actually makes it look good So here's a brake down.                                                     Coffee. Some kind of slush.                          Fruit Juice ..not orange Juice        ..,.         Bacon ..streaky more fat than meat           sausage skinny . Tasteless.            

The two mushrooms do not look too bad.

• Haha 2

Good band at night and 125 baht for a pint of beer but the food is awful, save your money and eat somewhere else.

About the most discusting breakfast (in that price bracket) I ever saw. What is the brownish stuff to the right of what I expect is some kind of a sausage?

14 hours ago, daytripperz said:

So I stopped there this morning for a cup of tea and the service lady didn't even speak, never mind smile lol.

So went to I Rovers for breakfast for the first time and it's great. Will certainly come again. 

So you weren't served at I Rovers by the waitress with the perpetual scowl?

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

On 25/12/2019 at 08:58, Daffeyduck said:

Today I went to Witherspoon's for breakfast. After reading good reports.      Ordered a small breakfast 160 bht .At that price. I was expecting a decent bit of grub ! 

PLUS....

I had to wait 45 minutes.An absolute waste of money !

IMG_20191225_134921.jpg

That looks an utterly miserable offering for the money, just 5 mins walk away in virtually any direction would get you better, mind you we`ve all been to places where the values been piss poor.