IGNORED

looking to buy VT2 / A or B...

60minuteman

Stayed in both these condos over the years and for me they are perfect, have money waiting to purchase a unit but im looking for someone who wants to move fast and accept a below market value

• Like 1

• Like 1

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

Should have bought a condo years ago when the Thai baht was very weak . Double the price now . I bought 42 sqm for 1.8 m baht in 2005 . (2005 Thai baht rate €36,000) , today I will only sell for 1.2 m to get (today’s thai Baht rate €36,000 ) back . 

The condo I’m talking about is not VT2... ok . Best of luck to the OP for his purchase. 

Edited by jocky king
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jocky king said:

Should have bought a condo years ago when the Thai baht was very weak . Double the price now . I bought 42 sqm for 1.8 m baht in 2005 . (2005 Thai baht rate €36,000) , today I will only sell for 1.2 m to get (today’s thai Baht rate €36,000 ) back . 

The condo I’m talking about is not VT2... ok . Best of luck to the OP for his purchase. 

Thank's jockey, still think the prices in VT2 are reasonable and I like the buildings, I will try the noticeboards

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, 60minuteman said:

Thank's jockey, still think the prices in VT2 are reasonable and I like the buildings, I will try the noticeboards

You could , try haggle down to lower price . As an owner of three condo in Pratumnak Hill  , I would accept the lowest offer if I had to sell it .  I think a lot of owners are under a lot of pressure to sell their condos , not those who bought condos over a decade ago  cos they can afford to sell at the lowest price . At VT2 is the new buildings , I think the owners had paid the strong Thai baht price , therefore would be difficult for them to accept the lower price but there is a few who would , for example , their next of kin who claimed the condo deeds after the owners death . If you think VT price is reasonable , good for you . Good idea to have a look on notice board . It will pay you to shop around .  

Edited by jocky king
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jocky king said:

You could , try haggle down to lower price . As an owner of three condo in Pratumnak Hill  , I would accept the lowest offer if I had to sell it .  I think a lot of owners are under a lot of pressure to sell their condos , not those who bought condos over a decade ago  cos they can afford to sell at the lowest price . At VT2 is the new buildings , I think the owners had paid the strong Thai baht price , therefore would be difficult for them to accept the lower price but there is a few who would , for example , their next of kin who claimed the condo deeds after the owners death . If you think VT price is reasonable , good for you . Good idea to have a look on notice board . It will pay you to shop around .  

I have always followed the prices on the boards when staying and they're certainly cheaper than anything through an agent. I imagine with the strong baht there will be at least some expats who have decided Thailand is no longer for them and willing to sell quickly. I'm pretty certain there's much greater supply than demand in Pattaya so bargains will be around

• Like 2

Staying in VT2A for the past month, pretty quiet building so I imagine many who bought are not living here and probably willing to sell for the right price.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Staying in VT2A for the past month, pretty quiet building so I imagine many who bought are not living here and probably willing to sell for the right price.

Yes, very quiet buildings but only a short hop to the madness. I like the quality of the build too compared to the tiny boxes with paper walls they put up now

• Like 2

Often see standard 37 sq m studio in foreign name in VT2 for around 1.4m asking price. I’m sure some sellers would be happy to negotiate in the current market. Others think they should get the money back for the fittings they’ve put in and ask a lot more. All a matter of timing. 

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

1 hour ago, davidge said:

Often see standard 37 sq m studio in foreign name in VT2 for around 1.4m asking price. I’m sure some sellers would be happy to negotiate in the current market. Others think they should get the money back for the fittings they’ve put in and ask a lot more. All a matter of timing. 

Just reminded me maybe the OP can ask the office of a  condo in empty shell  form

There still will  be may on the market and last i heard they were asking 20% less that original development prices for all view talay in sales office.

End result get it fitted as you want not one that needs a refurb 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, talung66 said:

Just reminded me maybe the OP can ask the office of a  condo in empty shell  form

There still will  be may on the market and last i heard they were asking 20% less that original development prices for all view talay in sales office.

End result get it fitted as you want not one that needs a refurb 

Don’t think there’s any in VT2. There are in VT5 & VT6 (though not sure about foreign name) and loads in VT7 including in foreign name. They’re not prepared to give much of a discount though.

• Like 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

15 minutes ago, davidge said:

Don’t think there’s any in VT2. There are in VT5 & VT6 (though not sure about foreign name) and loads in VT7 including in foreign name. They’re not prepared to give much of a discount though.

I noticed some shells the last time I was in the parking garage of Central Festival.  The view from those balconies was the parking garage not that far away.  I wouldn't buy one for half price to live in full time but would if I lived in Bangkok and just wanted a weekend retreat.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

I noticed some shells the last time I was in the parking garage of Central Festival.  The view from those balconies was the parking garage not that far away.  I wouldn't buy one for half price to live in full time but would if I lived in Bangkok and just wanted a weekend retreat.

Your talking about VY6.

been discussed not long ago on here about 300 still shells.

11 hours ago, davidge said:

Given VT6s location, I think you're right. Some of those studios go for over 4m and some of the bigger apartments can go for over 12m+, well overpriced but with a beach view and close proximity to the action I can see why.