IGNORED

Taxi from Swampy to Pattaya going rate

cbmgolfer

What is the current rate for a taxi from Swampy to Pattaya?  

Haven’t done it in years.  Used to be a flat rate of 1200 (or you got the wanker that wanted 3000 to rip you off).

Thanks

ps ... I can’t be assed to do the bus thing any more, just straight out the door the the taxi queue

booked in advance with a pattaya taxi service such as Meow then 1100 inc tolls.* several others offer similar fares. from the airport rank i just dunno but you are unlikely to match prices with one pre ordered

*tolls either way swampy/pattaya are 105 bht

Edited by striderman

most prebooked taxis ask for 1200. some offer it for 1000.
if you just show up and ask at the taxi rank (or ask at the top level where they drop off) it's between 1200 and 1500. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

8 minutes ago, dh842 said:

I use http://www.namstaxipattaya.com/ . Great service. Never let me down. Safe sane female drivers.

Usual fee from Suvarnabhumi airport to your hotel in Pattaya is 1200 bahts plus 100 tip.

From baggage collection turn right and walk to Gate 4 where the driver meets you. If you have a Thai Sim in your phone, phone from baggage collection to tell the driver you are nearly there.

Book in advance via email link on web site.

In November this year I used the service four times; it is my regular.

One trip was Bangkok Sukhumvit Soi 11 to Pattaya; fare was 1500 bahts plus 100 tip, two hours to Pattaya.

• Like 2

Thanks for the info guys, exactly what I was looking for.

sent message to Tan this morning... haven’t heard from her in 12 hrs since so just sent message to Nam.  Must be high season :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, cbmgolfer said:

Thanks for the info guys, exactly what I was looking for.

sent message to Tan this morning... haven’t heard from her in 12 hrs since so just sent message to Nam.  Must be high season :rolleyes:

Don't forget to cancel the unsuccessful one  

1 minute ago, bangna said:

Don't forget to cancel the unsuccessful one  

Haven’t made one successfully yet, but I take your point.  

But seriously, if you don’t respond to a request for service in 12 hours, what sort of business are you running?  Oh wait, it’s a Thai business ... sorry, I forgot. (Just takin' the piss there, so chill ... I have two options going, let’s see how it plays out ...first to respond wins I reckon).

1 minute ago, cbmgolfer said:

Haven’t made one successfully yet, but I take your point.  

But seriously, if you don’t respond to a request for service in 12 hours, what sort of business are you running?  Oh wait, it’s a Thai business ... sorry, I forgot. (Just takin' the piss there, so chill ... I have two options going, let’s see how it plays out ...first to respond wins I reckon).

I'm only requesting you let the loser know, it would be some poor Thai guy or girl waiting for you and losing money on the trip not the agent

Just now, bangna said:

I'm only requesting you let the loser know, it would be some poor Thai guy or girl waiting for you and losing money on the trip not the agent

yep.

even when somebody has a card with my name on i make sure to ask who sent him or  what my destination in pattaya is. 

i have done the job in the uk. nothing worse than a pick up that goes wrong.

Always use Limo Pattaya and never let me down after several trips'

Used them again yesterday back to airport 1300 BHT.

if you've got shit loads to waste / throw around you could go Devil's Den bus , come with 2 chicks , driver vip pick up first out through the gate  = 16,000 baht 

other than that NAM'S is a great choice

5 hours ago, onehunglo said:

if you've got shit loads to waste / throw around you could go Devil's Den bus , come with 2 chicks , driver vip pick up first out through the gate  = 16,000 baht 

other than that NAM'S is a great choice

Haha... uh, yea .... no.

Pre booked usually 1200 baht. Public taxi at Swampy will be 1500 baht. There is always the option of the public bus which is much cheaper than a taxi However it is so much better by to arrive in Pattaya by taxi unless you don’t mind the over crowded, uncomfortable and slower bus. 

http://www.belltravelservice.com is quite a step up from the 'public bus'. 

Big aircon bus runs non-stop from Suvarnabhumi airport to Pattaya Bus Station. Here you and your baggage switch to a minibus to go direct to the door of your hotel.

Check website to see if the timetable suits you and to book (think it is 250 bahts).

Bus leaves from ground floor of terminal. Follow bus/taxi signs for lift or escalator.

I always use JJ taxi services. $1100 flat rate including toll charges. Driver waits at gate #3 arrival floor 2 with a name card. Always got new clean sedan or SUV. Very reliable. JJ replies and confiems within minutes as I contact her on WhatsApp. JJ calls 1 hr before the scheduled pick time from Pattaya hotel. Great English. JJ has become like a good friend in Pattaya. It is always a fun ride if I get her as my driver. It is interesting to listen to her stories about Pattaya madness. 

www.jjtaxiservice.com

Edited by jovanhann

if I arrive daytime I tend to use the Bell bus but this time I'm landing at 18:00 so no bell bus service so it will be Meow for me.