Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Dollhouse XXX | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Dan About Thailand | NWG 2020 Charity Appeal | Add your Text or Event here 
ChiFlyer

Current Trip to Khon Kaen, Kohrat etc.

ChiFlyer

There will not be any pics on this thread, as my iPhone has gone belly up after the most recent ios upgrade. I will open a separate thread in the phone forum about that.

We are staying at the Pullman in Khon Kaen for a few days. Very nice hotel, probably the best in Khon Kaen. Prices vary considerably by source, so do some shopping. You should be able to find a room for 1500. Make sure to get a room on a higher floor as the bar noise can be a problem. Good access to TukCom and Central Festival.

The hotel is in Central Khon Kaen and the traffic is a lot worse than Pattaya. Think twice about driving as it is at another level of Thai driving skill set. Outside of Central Kohn Kaen it is not that bad.

Some bars with ladies on the street leading over to the Kosa hotel. Stopped in at one with the GF the other night as her friend had recently assumed operation of it. Noticed several guys with Banditos biker jackets with Thailand rockers. Not sure what to think of that, but I tend to mind my own business.

Going over to a more rural area in the morning. The GF's family owns a farm over there and we will spend Xmas with them. Nice people and I have met them before.

We will be picking up a car and driving it back to Jomtien with a stop in Korat for a few hours.

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to all.

CF

Mick Pattaya

So no sneaky side action with cute Issan belles

ChiFlyer
6 hours ago, Mick Pattaya said:

So no sneaky side action with cute Issan belles

No, not on this trip. I have to say that I was not very impressed with the cuteness factor of the ladies working in the bars along the street that runs from the Pullman to the Kosa.

Rocketboy
12 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Central Khon Kaen and the traffic is a lot worse than Pattaya. Think twice about driving as it is at another level of Thai driving skill set.

I found this to be true a few months ago as well, though my GF was doing the driving.

We flew up and rode back with her mom who lives here. Her mom was there checking on the progress of a house she is having built.

12 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Going over to a more rural area i

We spent two days in the rural area about 30 minutes from downtown KK where my GF grew up....we stayed in one of those Thai resorts.

It was an eye opening experience seeing the one room house that was shared by her, her two brothers, mother and father!

Two days was enough for me in the resort before we moved to Romantic hotel downtown KK! :) The resort wasn't that bad, just nothing around in the area!

Edited by Rocketboy

Encora

I didn’t find KK traffic any worse then Pattaya, actually, bit easier, just avoid school finish times. Went to a MP at the hotel next to the Kosa, daytime.

couldnt find it from the lobby so asked one of the doormen. He grinned and pointed out where to go.An hour later, on my way out, he called out to me, asking if everything was OK. I gave him a thumbs up, and he and his mate laughed.

I am always amused at these perfectly respectable 3 and 4* hotels in Thailand, with whole families walking around the lobby, that have their own public brothel on the premises, treating it like any other amenity.

ChiFlyer
1 hour ago, Encora said:

I didn’t find KK traffic any worse then Pattaya, actually, bit easier, just avoid school finish times. ......

What set me back was the traffic around Central Plazza and then going East from there toward the airport. Other than that I would agree with you. The street between Pullman and Kosa is easy money, but getting over to Central Plazza and just beyond was a bit of a panic and I was not driving. The GF's brother was and he is in full Thai Assertive Driving mode. Maybe that is what set me off.

ChiFlyer

Went to a rural Thai High School reunion tonight. It was at a Thai BBQ place where everyone participates in cooking the food over a round object that cooks the food over coals. I have done this before. Here is an example from a previous visit to the same place.

IMG_1434.thumb.JPG.501e0ad18e11ccfa6ae14b5a3ecf6b7c.JPG

Everyone (about 15 people) had a great time (they were Forever Young for one night) and the former teacher picked up the tab. He was obviously gay and these are what he sees as his children. The man worked hard to lead these people to a better life from what I see. More power to him. I got a couple of laughs, when I asked a late arrival "don't you remember me from school".

I left a little early to give the GF some space on her Forever Young night. She had not seen some of her friends in 30 years.

Mick Pattaya

mookata^^, one of the popular group dining activities in TH, its pretty good too if you have assortment of tasty sauces for your food, primarily meat.

ChiFlyer
9 hours ago, Rocketboy said:

Two days was enough for me in the resort before we moved to Romantic hotel downtown KK! :) The resort wasn't that bad, just nothing around in the area!

Yep, we have been here one day and I just agreed to a 3rd one, but got to tell you this paint is already dry. In case anyone is feeling a little dense tonight, watching paint dry is about as exciting as it gets around here.

The GF has asked me a couple of times if I would be interested in living here. Mai, mai, mai.