Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Made a mistake

Jonjon34

I made a mistake on my reservation. Made a booking on Agoda and mistakenly put in 1 guest instead of 2. Damn it how careless of me! Booking is non refundable and non amendable so I tried contacting the property (H boutique hotel) but no response. I guess I have to pay joiner fees now. Does anyone know if the fee is for the entire day or do I have to pay every time I bring someone back? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks [emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t be surprised if nothing happens.

i assume you’ve booked a hotel room with a double bed....not a single bed in a back packer dormitory.

Typically normal hotel rooms are the same price for 1 or 2 ...unless they are noted as a single bed room.  

Just looked it up....be very surprised if a hotel on Soi Honey charges joiner fees unless you are having  an orgy

there is  a review on trip adviser that says it’s “guest friendly” which is  code for you can bring your new wife to have a slumber party 

You’ll be fine.   Have a shagadellic trip

• Like 2

I think you'll be OK. I wouldn't say anything if you don't hear back from the property. Just play it like you booked the way you intended to. It's easiest for everyone to ignore it instead of change it.

if the hotel has no joiner fee you should be ok...

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

1 hour ago, Jonjon34 said:

I made a mistake on my reservation. Made a booking on Agoda and mistakenly put in 1 guest instead of 2. Damn it how careless of me! Booking is non refundable and non amendable so I tried contacting the property (H boutique hotel) but no response.

Did you use the "Contact Hotel" link on your Agoda Booking Page ? I've found prompt replies from hotels that way.

Also as others have said above I doubt a 1 person or 2 person booking makes much difference to the vast majority of Pattaya hotels.

If really worried try the chat with Agoda link on your Agoda booking - they are normally pretty good and should sort it out.

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

Did you use the "Contact Hotel" link on your Agoda Booking Page ? I've found prompt replies from Hotels that way.
Also as others have said above I doubt a 1 person or 2 person booking makes much difference to the vast majority of Pattaya Hotels.
If really worried try the chat with Agoda link on your Agoda booking - they are normally pretty good and should sort it out.

Yes I tried contacting them that way but not heard back from them. Anyway I think I’ll try contacting Agoda. They didn’t charge me joiner the last time I stayed but I had a booking for 2 guests.

Just smile nicely at the reception girl and you'll be fine.  H B staff don't care as long as you don't trash the place or act like an arse.

Oh and you'll only get 1 breakfast coupon, but it's pretty shit food anyway..

Edited by Love_to_eat_Thai
extra info

2 hours ago, Jonjon34 said:

I guess I have to pay joiner fees now

I think others have said (above) that this hotel does not require joiner fees.

However, just for the records: Whether you book the room for one or two people hardly matters.

If they have a joiner fee or they charge you extra for bringing a guest to the breakfast, that will likely happen even if you booked for two people, but was only one person during check-in.

Just smile nicely at the reception girl and you'll be fine.  H B staff don't care as long as you don't trash the place or act like an arse.

Oh and you'll only get 1 breakfast coupon, but it's pretty shit food anyway..

Yeah I’m not eating their breakfast I usually eat at i rovers for all my meals

You have to provide a name on the 2nd guest. If hotel has a joiner fee you'll have to pay regardless unless name is  registred at check-in

You have to provide a name on the 2nd guest. If hotel has a joiner fee you'll have to pay regardless unless name is  registred at check-in

I think I’m safe I’ll just play it by ear most likely I wouldn’t have any problems. Thanks buddy and thanks to all that have advised. This is why joining the forum is always a good idea. BMs always ready to help
Thanks guys

I have stayed in H Boutique many times - staff will be totally fine about it, no extra payment required, no probs.

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Jonjon34 said:

mistakenly put in 1 guest instead of 2.

You will be fine, no extra charge for bringing a girl back even if you booked for 1.

The only thing is if it includes breakfast in your room fee. 

You will get a card for breakfast for 1 so if you have a geast then you have to pay for breakfast, it was 140b for buffet breakfast served at the beehive in honey Inn. 

Try contacting the booking web sight you should be able to have your booking adjusted. 

I had to do that once with Expedia and I did it all through a chat. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Franko2018 said:

You will be fine, no extra charge for bringing a girl back even if you booked for 1.

The only thing is if it includes breakfast in your room fee. 

You will get a card for breakfast for 1 so if you have a geast then you have to pay for breakfast, it was 140b for buffet breakfast served at the beehive in honey Inn. 

Try contacting the booking web sight you should be able to have your booking adjusted. 

I had to do that once with Expedia and I did it all through a chat. 

Just a update breakfast is now 200baht.

It's OK to bring a guest to the room, even if you have reserved for 1.However there a additional 500baht if you were to bring a second "guest". 

• Like 3

When I was in Pattaya in November, I stayed at 5 different hotels including Acqua, Centra etc. And each time I only put in 1 guest in my booking reservation. Never faced any problem when I brought girls over since every hotel I stayed allows upto 2 people at no extra cost. Also no issues with getting morning breakfast either. 

You'll be fine, don't worry about it mate. 

Most of the hotels on soi honey its actually compulsory to bring a girl back

You will be fine

They charge 500thb if you don’t bring a girl back 555

• Haha 3

On 25/12/2019 at 04:06, princeofwales said:

You will be fine

And you get a room upgrade when you bring 2 chicks over in a night....

Huh...I've always put down just 1 for myself. Never thought of it that way regarding joiners. Never dealt with fees, as joiners aren't typically considered "check-in" guests. But then again, I make sure I go to hotels that allow/expect joiners and have no joiner fees (at least not for just 1 joiner). 

On 25/12/2019 at 11:36, princeofwales said:

Funniest line of the day....I nearly choked on my Pad Thai when I read it :D

B40CD21A-518E-4F71-A9F9-8595E81A37DA.jpeg

if you book   through Agoda and you need to change anything , you just cancel the booking and rebook after. with the required changes

if you book   through Agoda and you need to change anything , you just cancel the booking and rebook after. with the required changes

Can’t do that on this booking...cancellation will result in full charge