IGNORED

Hip problem who to see

golf9

Looking for a recommendation on who to go see for my hip issue I seem to be having

Any hospital or doctor recommended here in Patts?

Thank you guys

WHALE WARS the Sea Shephard is the BEST pirate ship on the seas. Go Paul.

There is an orthopedic surgeon on Pattaya Tai about 200 meters east of the Shell fuel station. It would be approximately 400 meters from the 3rd Road intersection. He is a surgeon by day at Pattaya City Hospital. His clinic on weekdays is from 5 pm to 8 pm. He has ultrasound on site as well as his own X-Ray machine. He is also open on weekends, 9 to 5 if i remember correctly. He speaks english very well. I had a sore hip as well. X-rays, doctors fee and some medication was 1800 baht total. 

IMG_2975.jpg

IMG_2974.jpg

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know exactly what the issue is? Like, is this a recurring issue that you have had diagnosed? I ask because it could be a problem with a joint, with muscle/connective tissue, or something else completely, and it might help if you know exactly what it is.

For the longest time I had lower back and hip pain which I thought was "impinged piriformis" because I got a shitty diagnosis. It was actually damaged connective tissue plus overly tight calves and hamstrings. Instead of all the crazy physical therapy the VA offered, all I needed was massage, stretching, and a few chiro adjustments.

• 2 years later...

Thanks to @freedom42 for posting this info a few years ago.  I have a very bad hip/torn gluteus muscle thing going on, and I saw this doctor yesterday.   

I made booking via Facebook, and there were a bunch of people in the waiting room, very busy.  Only spoke to him for 5-8 minutes, not much he could do for me really, I was having a good day due to 8 hours of thai massage the last few days.  Said it was inflammation just rest and voltaren, and work on strength and flexibility.

I asked him about whether I should have the keyhole surgery I have been avoiding, he said yes because prevent early onset arthritiis.   He has done the keyhole surgery many times, but can't do it at his hospital.  Only 3 hospitals in Thailand do it.

But I'm gonna get the pioneer of the method, who is in my hometown, to do it.

Anyway, no x-rays, just chatting, 700 baht.  Happy with the price, it costs more to see a regular GP in Australia who doesn't bulk bill.

Edited by zanny

Trip Reports: May/June 2022 - 27 Leche Loads Jakarta/BKK/Pattaya

Popped my Cherry 2010 - Philippines - Part 1 & Thailand - Part 2  - Quick Trip Report BKK/Pattaya 2017