Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Oman Air Cancel 400 Flights in December

Petesie

Oman Air

I'm using them this week, just found out they are cancelling 400 flights in December due to the 737 Max situation; one flight is being cancelled to BKK every other day.

If you're flying with them better check the listing below for your dates;

https://www.omanair.com/uk/en/suspending-operations-boeing-737-max

• Like 2

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Good spot but I don't understand why the sudden announcement, have they not cancelled flights until now?

I believe Oman has 5 off 737 Max but not used on LHR - MCT - BKK routes.

4 minutes ago, bangna said:

Good spot but I don't understand why the sudden announcement, have they not cancelled flights until now?

I believe Oman has 5 off 737 Max but not used on LHR - MCT - BKK routes.

The cancellations start from 4 December so they haven’t just announced now. A friend was flying with them a couple of days ago and they shifted him to a later flight because the original BKK flight was one of those cancelled. They emailed him a week or so before.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

13 minutes ago, davidge said:

The cancellations start from 4 December so they haven’t just announced now. A friend was flying with them a couple of days ago and they shifted him to a later flight because the original BKK flight was one of those cancelled. They emailed him a week or so before.

I meant as opposed to March 12th although I remember there was a statement on Oman website some time ago.

I have checked the link by Petesie and note that the MCT - BKK - MCT flights 811 and 812 are affected on some days.

I would imagine that they might need the B787 to operate other more-local flights, in the absence of the return-to-service of the B737s ?

My own two flights with them aren't affected, thankfully,  but Thanks to the OP for the heads-up !:)

Since Boeing/FAA are now pushing the re-start further into 2020, this ongoing-problem may well extend longer for Oman Air, and also impact lots of other carriers too, IMO. :wink:

Flights to and from BKK will be fuller. I just did my online check in and J is already nearly full. 

First I've heard of this and I flew with them on the 11th Heatrow-Muscat-Bangkok. No problems at all.

Hoping no issues on my return flights on the 5th Jan.

Currently 2 flights per day not affected and 1 affected on some days.

Currently not affected:

MCT - BKK   WY0815    09.05 - 17.15       WY0817    22.05    06.45

BKK - MCT   WY0818    09.15    12.35      WY0816    20.05    23.25

May be affected

MCT = BKK    WY0811    02.40    11.20   

BKK - MCT     WY0812    14.20    17.40

Personally, I never use WY0811 or WY0812 as they have longer stopover times at MCT when linked with Heathrow flights.

Edited by bangna
  • Like 1