IGNORED

Is China Garden still open?

SlowlyMan

11 minutes ago, SlowlyMan said:

Yuri is gone. It appears the new owner has put management on the Thai staff. Email response has been non existent. The staff is trying hard. No doubt because of the training they received from Yuri and Ian. But Thai priorities just don't align with Western priorities. Not sure where you're getting a rate of 850. The website had 500. 600. 1000. Confirmed by staff. The Chinagarden@gmail is monitored by the Thai staff. Good luck getting a response. I'm booked in for 3 months. But if I can find a suitable substute I'm checking out at the end of the month. They do require payment in full at check-in. I said no way. I'm paying a week at a time. Not sure if they allowed it because I've stayed so many times. Or if it's a flexible policy. 

I don't think this will work if the owner continues to be absentee. He doesn't seem to have a good understanding of the hospitality business.

As with everything YMMV.

thanks mate

this is what i found now on their websute

20200111_114002.jpg

10 minutes ago, i_love_3somes said:

thanks mate

20200111_114002.jpg

Interesting. Are you on Agoda, or China garden.com. Agoda prices are frequently higher then booking direct.

Edited by SlowlyMan

When I go to that site. I get 500. 600. 1000. Not sure why you're seeing something different. Regardless staff confirmed those prices. I'm guessing you're redirecting to Agoda

3 minutes ago, SlowlyMan said:

When I go to that site. I get 500. 600. 1000. Not sure why you're seeing something different. Regardless staff confirmed those prices. I'm guessing you're redirecting to Agoda

i think i will write to them and ask , 

but with yuri gone , dont know when will i get a response

hey mate thanks for helping 

ui her a lot about some road work  in lengkee , any updates pics on how bad and noisy it is?

Road work is finished. They actually did a good job. The problem at the moment. The property directly West is being renovated. Impact hammering starts at 8am. My room is shaking so bad things are falling off the dresser

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SlowlyMan said:

Road work is finished. They actually did a good job. The problem at the moment. The property directly West is being renovated. Impact hammering starts at 8am. My room is shaking so bad things are falling off the dresser

oh thats bad news for me as im a light sleeper.

seems have to look for other venues ,sadly

thanks a lot mr slowlyman for your help.

if u have any info on rooms like CG let me knw as since 2011 i was addicted to CG.

1 hour ago, SlowlyMan said:

2 hours ago, i_love_3somes said:

thanks mate

20200111_114002.jpg

The higher rates are the high season rates. I think low season rates only kick in from April onwards. 

Well. I'm paying 500. Right now.  Not not sure about those being high season rates. The screenshot looks like Agoda

On 11/01/2020 at 16:10, SlowlyMan said:

Well. I'm paying 500. Right now.  Not not sure about those being high season rates. The screenshot looks like Agoda

That's what the electronic sign is showing outside too

• 2 weeks later...

For those wondering about the price of Steak and Co, in low season, on booking.com the prices for Boutique room are £14 per night and double with balcony is £16 per night, deluxe double with Jacuzzi is £27  per night.