IGNORED

Leeds United Thread

gazO

Could have been out of sight by half time against Arsenal, but if you do not take your chances it comes back to bite you on the ass.

Not impressed with Arsenal looked like a load of over weight and overpaid cheats, conned the referee and VAR (a joke).

Back to the championship fingers crossed keep the good play up. 

22 minutes ago, gazO said:

Could have been out of sight by half time against Arsenal, but if you do not take your chances it comes back to bite you on the ass.

Not impressed with Arsenal looked like a load of over weight and overpaid cheats, conned the referee and VAR (a joke).

Back to the championship fingers crossed keep the good play up. 

Arsenal are horrendous the team is full of a bunch of mentally weak and lazy players. Their fans are idiotic as they idolise players like Ozil who are the source of their problems on massive money who have bags of talent but are incredibly lazy. They then boo and abuse players who try their best but aren't good enough. Instead they should focus on the players who simply don't try or have horrendous attitudes. They were also trying to argue that Arteta was a safer option than Carlo or Poch. Based on what? 

Edited by PurpleOrient

Against Sheffield Wednesday it was like a repeat of the Wigan game last season. Praying not the same outcome at the end of the season.

OMG it's happening again need some more steel in the side come back Norman bites your legs. Rolled over at QPR no fight. What was with the goal were QPR playing basket ball?  How the ref and lineman did not spot it I don't know a good Spec savers advert. Watched game in i-rovers in LK it was ramed all Leeds fans all very disappointed. 

Leeds need to sign another forward and quick, after Bamford am i right in saying Leeds next highest scorer is og`s?

• Like 1

DeJa Vue

We will spend the entire transfer window linking strikers with Leeds then have them falling through at the last minute.

life is like Oral sex ...........one slip of the tongue and your in the shit!!

On 19/01/2020 at 14:13, vimto66 said:

Leeds need to sign another forward and quick, after Bamford am i right in saying Leeds next highest scorer is og`s?

They are on to it.

Fingers crossed anyway.

It has been a frustrating 7 games, and as Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank observed - they could have won all of them.

It's not like we've been outplayed and well beaten.

So I'm still optimistic.

MOT

Being a Forest fan, it's certainly getting close at the top and will go down to the final day of the season imo. Youuuiuu reedddssss :Number1a:

Leeds having their own thread on here :Crazy1: that's hilarious. They've already started the usual comedy routine. Let's see what Fulham and forest do tomorrow. Bottle jobs lol

On 19/01/2020 at 12:18, gazO said:

OMG it's happening again need some more steel in the side come back Norman bites your legs. Rolled over at QPR no fight. What was with the goal were QPR playing basket ball?  How the ref and lineman did not spot it I don't know a good Spec savers advert. Watched game in i-rovers in LK it was ramed all Leeds fans all very disappointed. 

Bet you were up to your neck in tears at full time. I was there in rovers in December when Cardiff came back from 3 down. Bloody hell I had to get my arm bands out before I drowned haha

And another game playing against the referee, ball out of play then gave a penalty for a player falling down. 2 nil down half time.

Oh no feared the worse but proved me wrong TOTAL domination 2nd half of football Bamford 2 goals SHOCK,. Is the arrival of Augustin kicked him up the arse. 

3-2 win back to the top of the league with West Brom losing at Cardiff can we keep it going MOT.

• Like 1

Well Kevin Augustin (what French Mum calls their kid Kevin?) is already a folk hero at Leeds without kicking a ball.

Manure spent Sunday trying to persuade him to choose Old Trafford, he decided to stick with Elland road - clever chap. 

Meanwhile we hear Leeds have sold 110,000 replica shirts this season so far - more than all but a handful of Premier League outfits.

No wonder Adidas were keen to sign their deal.

Long way to go, but confidence restored after our second half performance against Millwall - a bit of a bogey team for us and the form side

in the Championship over recent weeks. 

MOT

Edited by Captain Dave

Now, Leeds chief executive Kinnear wrote in his programme notes – as quoted by Leeds Live – that a certain Premier league side should be “questioning their scouting department” after Augustin ignored reported interest from Old Trafford.

• Like 1

On 25/12/2019 at 03:35, gazO said:

The young Leeds United fan wasn't impressed with Ashley Young's offer

When he tried to give Eddie Franks a bag full of Manchester United kit, the four-year-old Leeds fan was not impressed.

Eddie's dad Lee said: "He came over and said: 'Hello mate, I brought you a United shirt' and Eddie said: 'Eww, yuck!'

"He handed him a bag full off Man U stuff and I said: 'He's already got a United shirt mate, the right United.'

image.png.35fead251fe5fee5b7189dbb2dfee8df.png

Ahhh - such wisdom in one so young - there's hope for the Nation yet!

This is like ground hog day all over again. 

Against Wigan total out played them and lost to a fluke Hernandez OG from a corner and Casilla should have got to it. How many goals conceded from corners???

76 percent possession against 24,

Shots 18 against 5

On target 5 against 2 

In Bielsa we trust but why did he not bring on Poveda in the last 15 minutes to stretch a tiring opposition. Get Augustin up to speed quickly and put some of these chances away.

Big game next week Forest away and they lost yesterday. MOT 

2 hours ago, gazO said:

This is like ground hog day all over again. 

Against Wigan total out played them and lost to a fluke Hernandez OG from a corner and Casilla should have got to it. How many goals conceded from corners???

76 percent possession against 24,

Shots 18 against 5

On target 5 against 2 

In Bielsa we trust but why did he not bring on Poveda in the last 15 minutes to stretch a tiring opposition. Get Augustin up to speed quickly and put some of these chances away.

Big game next week Forest away and they lost yesterday. MOT 

Groundhog day alright...they were going good last season and promotion looked odds on and then they lost at home to Wigan...It was downhill from there...Fast Forward to this season...going well and guess what - lost at home to Wigan yesterday....

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that it will be a squeaky bum finish but Leeds will actually get promoted this year, haven't thought that in previous years but I, as an impartial fan, think in my gut they will grab it on the last game of the season. It will make for some interesting and (probably controversial) games in the premier league when they finally return.

Well

What's all the moaning at Bielsa about leaving the new lad off the team sheet? I mean, he's just arrived and still needs to find his feet. 

Soon enough he will take the pressure off Bamford and chip in a few as we turn into the last lap. It's still a while yet, just maintain momentum. 

But then again, what is the deal with these home games? How do you not score after so many opportunities? 

In Bielsa we trust, but Bamford cannot do it alone. ... the other top goalscorer being own goals

Who are all these so called Leeds fans on Twitter calling for Bielsa to go ARE YOU F###ing MAD, so sometimes the ball does not run for us, still good to watch.

Do you want a return to to the dark days of unknown clueless managers trying to run the team. GET REAL. MOT together being the word.

On 03/02/2020 at 01:03, gazO said:

Who are all these so called Leeds fans on Twitter calling for Bielsa to go ARE YOU F###ing MAD, so sometimes the ball does not run for us, still good to watch.

Do you want a return to to the dark days of unknown clueless managers trying to run the team. GET REAL. MOT together being the word.

Some fans are derranged, all clubs have em, by the same token you could say the same abut Slaven Bilic at West Brom, they`ve also had a bit of a downturn in form lately, usually the morons who spout this rubbish are in the minority although its still annoying , i`ve experienced it at my own team, throwing in the towel at the slightest downturn!

Manchester United have given Leeds United a 2,000 ticket allocation for their FA Youth Cup tie at Old Trafford, with a round 1,800 away supporters expected.

Despite the game being between the two clubs’ academy sides, fans are keen to see the two face off again after being starved of the tie in recent years.

With Leeds away from the Premier League since 2004, the two have only met twice in competitive action in the years since - once in the FA Cup and once in the League Cup.

Playing tonight.

On 02/02/2020 at 20:37, JerryBenStiller said:

Well

What's all the moaning at Bielsa about leaving the new lad off the team sheet? I mean, he's just arrived and still needs to find his feet. 

Soon enough he will take the pressure off Bamford and chip in a few as we turn into the last lap. It's still a while yet, just maintain momentum. 

But then again, what is the deal with these home games? How do you not score after so many opportunities? 

In Bielsa we trust, but Bamford cannot do it alone. ... the other top goalscorer being own goals

Other teams brought in players and straight into their starting 11 Man Utd's Bruno Fernandes for one.

We did not have a striker on the bench so putting Augustin on the bench and having the opportunity to bring him on for the last 15 minutes would have made sense to me.

Don't get me wrong I think Bielsa is a fantastic manager and we wouldn't have been in the top two and Augustin wouldn't have considered coming to us if Bielsa wasn't in charge, but I think sometimes he is a bit too narrow minded in how he does things. Sometimes doing things a bit different can get results, what was the worst that could happen? He has played about 13 matches for Monaco this season so he would have been as fit if not fitter than Tyler Roberts.

On 02/02/2020 at 20:37, JerryBenStiller said:

life is like Oral sex ...........one slip of the tongue and your in the shit!!