Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Cherry Taxi

Candy77

I’m surprised there’s no thread on her and not much mention on the forum either. Cherry charges only 1000 Baht from/to BKK/Pattaya. This includes all the tolls and parking, tipping extra and optional. I’ve used Cherry several times in the last few trips. Good cars, lady drivers and always on time. Cherry also arranges cabs at very short notice. Highly recommended.

Cherry Taxi Website

Edited by Candy77
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I’m not sure refusing to tip a taxi driver is something to boast about tbh.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

11 minutes ago, davidge said:

I’m not sure refusing to tip a taxi driver is something to boast about tbh.

You got it wrong, wasn’t boating about it. Just an info in case any penny pinchers would want to know. 
As for me, I tip generously, whether it’s a taxi, bar, massage or other services. I always tip 100 Baht to the driver every single time, Cherry or Nam or MrT. This time I didn’t have change and I told her that and neither did she. She was ok and understanding. But so much details wasn’t necessary to share I thought. This post was about Cherry Taxi services being good and economical than others that are more popular on this forum. Edited that line out of my original post so please consider removing these two comments.

Edited by Candy77

Ok, though that’s not how it came across.

BTW, Cherry Taxis have been mentioned a few times on the forum and I think there is a thread or two about them.

4 minutes ago, davidge said:

Ok, though that’s not how it came across.

BTW, Cherry Taxis have been mentioned a few times on the forum and I think there is a thread or two about them.

Didn’t find any specific threads when I searched, unlike Meow & Nam. Cursory references and mentions, yes. Please feel free to lock this thread if you think it’s not useful. Thank you.

Edited by Candy77

No need to lock it. I’m sure it will be useful to other BMs. Just pointing out that the company have been mentioned before. Don’t recall anything bad being said about them so should be a good option for BMs to be aware of.

i also always use cherry as well. 

2 things: 
- they also use male drivers. i'd guess i had more male drivers than female drivers
- it's 1000thb from suvarnabhumi to pattaya (the same for the other way around), but it's 1200 from central bkk to pattaya (or the other way around). this makes sense, but i just wanted to mention it because OP wasn't clear about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

I've used Cherry a couple of times. Male drivers arrived on time, cars were modern and clean and they drove in a safe manner at moderate speeds, which is the most important thing for me. I watched the scenery instead of where the driver was going, a relaxing ride. No gas stops. Gas stops make me nervous.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

7 hours ago, ZRHuser said:

Do they fill up the car on the way, or like with Nams Taxi, fill up before they pick up a customer? 

in 10+ trips i think i had the driver stop once to take a piss (which was fine for me, i also was happy to take a piss). don't think he ever stopped for gas. 
mix of male & female drivers. most drive ok, the last one i had was driving too fast for my liking. i told him and he slowed down and from then on it was ok. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

I plan to use them on my first trip. They ask 200 baht less than competition for a ride.

• 2 weeks later...

I used them today. very smooth everything from booking to payment.

1.000 bath + 200 tip for allow me smoke and drinkng beer in the taxi.

Cause the sweetest kiss I ever got is the one I´ve never tasted

Do they have / use Easy-Pass for the toll booths?

(always amazes me when they don't as its their primary service plying the motorway to the airport)

7 minutes ago, regyai said:

its their primary service

Correct me if I'm wrong but was under the impression all "agent" cars where privately owned and drivers free-lancers which may explain why most don't invest in a Q-free pass.

Not really an 'investment' just a pre-payment device that diminishes queuing like a Christmas turkey at the booths

10 minutes ago, regyai said:

Not really an 'investment' just a pre-payment device that diminishes queuing like a Christmas turkey at the booths

Max I been queuing a the booth is maybe 2 minutes and doubt the avarage driver would have any benefit from a Easy Pass.

You could try to offer you driver a Easy Pass instead of tips and report her reaction https://www.thailandguru.com/easy-pass-bangkok-expressway.html

That whiling away your life doesn't register as a negative with the majority is probably why the convenience is only taken up by a minority (wouldn't really be an advantage if all the great unwashed moved lanes would it)

But having always had these passes in all my Thai vehicles (save for motorcycles obviously) since their inception I have and still do see them as a blessing

And in a competitive endeavour like that being discussed any USP must be a leg up

55 minutes ago, regyai said:

Do they have / use Easy-Pass for the toll booths?

(always amazes me when they don't as its their primary service plying the motorway to the airport)

The one I used from Pattaya to South West Bangkok 12 days ago used an Easy-Pass.

Nice car and good driver.

C'est ca

So finally one that ticks all the boxes

• Choice of larger vehicles (for those adverse to cuddling luggage)
  • No stops for fuel
  • No stops for Pee-Pee
  • Easy-Pass

• 3 weeks later...

Sitting inside Cherry taxi for the first time at The moment, got an e-mail answer to my taxi booking in 2minutes. 

My flight was 30minutes early, and no lines at immigration so was 40 minutes early at meeting point, driver was allready waiting there.

Halfway to Pattaya no complaints about his driving. He didn't know my hotel but I just told him to drive to soi Buakhao near Pattaya tai and I will show from there. Didn't mention my hotel on taxi reservation.

I've used them about 10-15 times no issues. But the last time I used them, the driver didn't show up and I ended up taking the bus. Never had a female driver.

• 2 weeks later...

I've used this service twice 1200baht from my hotel in Bkk to my hotel in Patts Might try the bus this coming trip just for the experience. I had 1 male drive and one female, male drove fast no stops, female one stop to get ice coffee and talked on her phone a lot  no really a problem as I got where I was going. 

Used Cherry Taxi round trip BKK - Pattaya on my last three trips. Only had a problem one time. Driver's GPS showed Bay Breeze on the dark side. I knew where the hotel was located but couldn't communicate the directions to the driver. Tried to show him the hotel on google maps but he couldn't understand. After a couple of calls he was able to get directions and everything ended well.