IGNORED

Etihad LHR

gungadin

Anyone flown Etihad LHR to BKK lately?

Booked ages ago,just decided to read reviews,awful.Flew with them years ago and we're good.Took for granted they were the same

Why are the reviews bad  ?, what problems are people having ?

Edited by jaynewcastle

I flew from heathrow last year. Economy 

seats..good pitch comfy

food ...crap Bring some snacks /water. 

layover. 2hr Easy to make connection . and have a coffee

I would fly with them again if they were the cheapest !

6 minutes ago, jaynewcastle said:

Why are the reviews bad  ?, what problems are people having ?

It's mostly about the food and drink service !

i fly with them all the time. food quality over the years has dropped that's for sure. luckily i have lounge access as a freq flyer so i often skip the food on the plane completely. 

Flew Manchester to Bangkok with them last month economy and will be using them next month. I've not flown with them for 4 years and had heard bad reports and recent reviews. Absolutely no problems with them. Plenty booze and drinks and good flight crews. Got decent seats without having to pay extra and the IFE was fine. If they are the cheapest then fly with them. Connection at Abu Dhabi well organised and no problem. IMO they are a steady away airline. 

I fly with Etihad at least once a year and never found them to be any worse than any other Middle Eastern airline. They’re all world class. 

If you need another liquor just press the flight attendant call button & ask. Most airlines are usually ok as long as you aren’t getting really hammered (apart from China Southern who told us there was no beer left).

If it comes to the worst just tell them you’re a nervous flyer (I tried that with Thomas Cook one time and he just said “well you don’t look very nervous”).

Pattaya is like enjoying yourself -it's not for everyone.

Did this journey in June, 6th time return overall with Etihad to BKK .

A380 from LHR T2 was about 1/3rd full, everything on time, service etc ok  - no complaints.

Never had a problem with Etihad on any of my trips, planes always nowhere near full and on time in my experience. Abu Dhabi easy to transit through. You don't get as much in the way of food and drink on board  as you used to but they're not the only airline cutting back on this.

Been using Etihad since they started from Gatwick way back in 2005 and most of my 48 trips they are in the lead for using there service, but over the last few years they have dropped down the leader board for me. For me the best flights I like to use are EY12/402 outbound and either EY401/11 or EY407/19 inbound, I have had a couple of problems with Etihad in my many trips with them but overall they have been excellent I have to say, on my last trip with them I found Abu Dhabi very busy in the evening and had to fight my way through the security check area it was chaos all round with long queues, My last trip in May I flew non-stop with Eva Airways and my next trip next May I am flying with Thai Airways again non-stop TG911/910 I have just got fed up with the one-stop flights.     

8 hours ago, PR1977 said:

Did this journey in June, 6th time return overall with Etihad to BKK .

A380 from LHR T2 was about 1/3rd full, everything on time, service etc ok  - no complaints.

typo.

Etihad use LHR T4

as mentioned the in flight entertainment system is really good

10 hours ago, gitteyman said:

It's mostly about the food and drink service !

Yes and overbooking

7 minutes ago, gungadin said:

Yes and overbooking

my flight in on dec 4th was maybe 20 % full from abu dhabi.

i dream of overbooking as i have a chance to increase my upgrade to business total

10 hours ago, striderman said:

typo.

Etihad use LHR T4

You are correct, my apologies. I had landed at T2 with Aer Lingus and then transferred to T4 to connect to Etihad

Etihad changed their food offering to that of just a meal instead of the 3 courses tray set you used to get,they had awful feedback off passengers and staff as it was more work for the staff. They switched back to the tray service around september time. 

• Like 2

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

3 hours ago, striderman said:

my flight in on dec 4th was maybe 20 % full from abu dhabi.

i dream of overbooking as i have a chance to increase my upgrade to business total

This happened to me only once in my many trips, flight EY406 was overbooked and for the very first time in my years of flying was moved to business class and it was a different world altogether and was over far to early.