IGNORED

Hundreds of tourists escape major fire at Pattaya Hotel on SOI Buakhao this morning

The Pattaya News

Pattaya – About 400 tourists have escaped from a fire at a hotel in Pattaya this early morning. Captain Chainarong Chaiin of the Pattaya City Police was notified of the incident at the Holiday Inn hotel in Soi Buakhao at 4:30AM. Firefighters and The Pattaya News rushed to the scene to find the hotel in […]

The post Hundreds of tourists escape major fire at Pattaya Hotel on SOI Buakhao this morning appeared first on The Pattaya News.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

The brand new hotel that opened just 1 or 2 months ago... ? :unsure:

9pm.jpg.05091a033c34db6b8e99de5db04a7fc5

9pm4.jpg.fc5c8c26744965dcfca75fbd178f325

Looks like mainly some elements of decoration on the front that burned.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

Interesting that the burn pattern looks like  the shape of a Christmas tree...... I would like to see  a photo of it yesterday.

Just now, piloter said:

Interesting that the burn pattern looks like  the shape of a Christmas tree...... I would like to see  a photo of it yesterday.

here is one from 16th feb. place opened around end of june/start of july1858702547_16feb007(Custom).JPG.5edbd81671c8d4848a7f0b34fb5c2c68.JPG

57 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

9pm4.jpg.fc5c8c26744965dcfca75fbd178f325

Agree, looks like they didn't learn from other building fires and used flammable decorative cladding on the side of the building.

• Like 2

I wonder if they will turn the rooms in the front into smoking rooms now?  

This is a good reminder on why you should scope out the fire exits whenever you stay at a hotel, and keep a small flashlight on the nightstand.

Great nobody hurt...could have been a horror story. I remember going to work on the tube and hearing an announcement ref a closure due to fire but thought nothing of it then out at white city walking down saw a couple of people looking over and there was the funeral pyre grefnel tower blazing away, just accross the way. This was in the am so I am guessing any poor souls who lost their life were already gone. Would have made for far grimmer contemplation hours earlier, when people would have actually been dying horribly.

Don't forget -

Royal Jomtien Resort hotel fire

The Royal Jomtien Resort hotel was a 450-room luxury hotel situated in a 17-story high-rise building on the northern end of Jomtien Beach, south of Bangkok. At approximately 10:20 local time, 11 July 1997, a fire ignited as a result of a faulty Liquid propane gas cylinder in a ground floor buffet of the hotel. The fire burned for 8 to 12 hours across all floors and caused the deaths of at least 91 people and injuries to a further 63.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Jomtien_Resort_Hotel_fire

I was walking on Beach Road at the time back in 1997 and saw all the smoke etc not knowing what it was. Hours later saw it on TV. Huge loss of life.

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

1 hour ago, fforest said:

I dont think I can ever remember a brand new hotel having a fire....Strange.......Insurance job?.........

Looked more like a cable fire than a hotel fire to me.

1 hour ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Might have been what started it, but it looks like the decorative cladding on the side of the building is what fueled the fire. The video shows that aspect fairly well. Good the fire crew got to the scene fairly quickly as it looked like the fire was spreading horizontally at the base and halfway to the next vertical strip of cladding.

8 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Might have been what started it, but it looks like the decorative cladding on the side of the building is what fueled the fire. The video shows that aspect fairly well. Good the fire crew got to the scene fairly quickly as it looked like the fire was spreading horizontally at the base and halfway to the next vertical strip of cladding.

I have read some reports on another forum suggesting the fire service was rather slow to attend yet it,s barely 5 minutes walk away....whether true or not I cannot confirm,however cable guys were out this afternoon doing repairs...now whether they were repairing damaged cable through the fire or cable that caused it again I do not know....as for the reported 400 guests staying there I,m absolutely sure that is hugely exaggerated :WhoSaw1:

I have pals staying in the nearby RCon Blue and they never heard anything...

Just now, Taa_Saparot said:

i had a look this morning and my guess was a fire that began in a room. the cabling running outside was only lightly damaged. electrical fires here are often to do with the main transformer (not keeping it serviced etc) but this was not the case here as it's off to 1 side and not near the fire damaged area. plus it was brand new when fitted september 2018...............

939181425_18sept001(Custom).JPG.3c3b6c10045427d05821944be537251b.JPG

the decorative cladding appeared to spread the flames, plus last night/early morning was unusually windy

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, fforest said:

The cause of the fire......

image.jpeg.55ba7dbf10257af7cb9d6e447538bb66.jpeg

Then I have to bring back this picture I posted last year

for the fire at the Street Rock bar on Walking Street :

squirrel-terrorist-action.jpg.dfc8fc6605

:P

• Haha 2

Wow, glad everyone got out... 

With all these dilapidated old guest houses on Soi Bukkaow, Ironic how the newest hotel on the Soi catches fire.

Go figure...