Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

GRAND AVENUE

tihora

GRAND AVENUE

It's a new condominium right in front of Centara Azure hotel.

The place is newly constructed but still a lot of work is being performed which will make your stay unpleasant if you try to sleep during the day as there is a constant noise of drilling. Give it another 6 to 12 months before it is really completed. And I have seen that in some room they have to completely blow appart the bathroom to re-do the whole work. One owner there has shown me the kitchen they had installed, it was a joke, they will have to knock down and re-do everything. Do you have any idea of the noise that it creates when they blow appart a bathroom ?

As for the place itself, it's cheap and tacky. it really is made of cheap chinese shit, and a real sloppy work can be easily noticed, these workers have probably never seen a bubble level. There is no design pattern at all, it just look tasteless. I have stayed in 2 different rooms, both had big issues, namely, the showers had no steep slope and water was going all over to the bathroom and bedroom.

I do not recommend.

IMG_5115.thumb.jpg.cf36ffa5b94898bb0ef2a698c6f33b21.jpg

1 hour ago, tihora said:

GRAND AVENUE

It's a new condominium right in front of Centara Azure hotel.

The place is newly constructed but still a lot of work is being performed which will make your stay unpleasant if you try to sleep during the day as there is a constant noise of drilling. Give it another 6 to 12 months before it is really completed. And I have seen that in some room they have to completely blow appart the bathroom to re-do the whole work. One owner there has shown me the kitchen they had installed, it was a joke, they will have to knock down and re-do everything. Do you have any idea of the noise that it creates when they blow appart a bathroom ?

As for the place itself, it's cheap and tacky. it really is made of cheap chinese shit, and a real sloppy work can be easily noticed, these workers have probably never seen a bubble level. There is no design pattern at all, it just look tasteless. I have stayed in 2 different rooms, both had big issues, namely, the showers had no steep slope and water was going all over to the bathroom and bedroom.

I do not recommend.

IMG_5115.thumb.jpg.cf36ffa5b94898bb0ef2a698c6f33b21.jpg

I've seen this work in progress  at last since 3 years ! 

Shame so much time for a very poor result.

TIT.

The owner I have met there told me it took 6 years to complete as they had financial issues. Mid way the contract was taken over by chinese investors. That alone explains a lot.

If you walk by, just get in to have a look by yourself as the security is useless to non existent you can walk in as you wish. A good tip for cheap charlies who want to enjoy nice free swimming pools.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tihora said:

The owner I have met there told me it took 6 years to complete as they had financial issues. Mid way the contract was taken over by chinese investors. That alone explains a lot.

If you walk by, just get in to have a look by yourself as the security is useless to non existent you can walk in as you wish. A good tip for cheap charlies who want to enjoy nice free swimming pools.

I'm on the ground in 2 weeks.. Will pop in for a closer look. 

• 1 month later...
On 03/12/2019 at 17:29, mlay said:

I'm on the ground in 2 weeks.. Will pop in for a closer look. 

Did you ever get to take that look ? I'm considering renting there.

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

On 15/01/2020 at 00:10, sulu said:

Did you ever get to take that look ? I'm considering renting there.

I'm living at the Grande Avenue after moving out the the Centara Avenue across the road and  couldn't be happier with the place.

I have had Fibre internet fitted 100mb, I had a washing machine fitted on the balcony, the pool is huge and great, gym and spa in every building, no problems parking the car or bike, there no excessive noise and everything works just fine (lifts etc). I'm very happy here... recommended

Edited by steak&co

• 1 year later...

I just moved in here. Maybe we can use this thread to discuss issues as residents. For example: recommended maid service, water delivery, maintenance problems, any problems with food delivery, security, etc...

I like it here so far. Of course it's early days...

I'm the first occupant of this unit so there were/are a few bugs to be worked out but it doesn't seem worse than other new houses/apartments I've experienced.

There's a small amount of water on the floor by the window from the rain this morning so I'll track that down next time it rains, which will probably be soon.

They tried to install the modem this morning and discovered that the wiring is messed up, so they will fix it tomorrow.

My biggest disappointment is the lack of storage space. There are plenty of cupboards and drawers and shelves for small items but anything large is out in the open, for now.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, duke main said:

My biggest disappointment is the lack of storage space. There are plenty of cupboards and drawers and shelves for small items but anything large is out in the open, for now.

When I moved from Northern Thailand to Pattaya I rented a large storage unit in Northern Pattaya for 1500. a month.  It worked out well for me.      There's also a place renting smaller units near View Taley 2 in Jomtiem.

5 hours ago, duke main said:

I like it here so far. Of course it's early days...

I'm the first occupant of this unit so there were/are a few bugs to be worked out but it doesn't seem worse than other new houses/apartments I've experienced.

There's a small amount of water on the floor by the window from the rain this morning so I'll track that down next time it rains, which will probably be soon.

They tried to install the modem this morning and discovered that the wiring is messed up, so they will fix it tomorrow.

Welcome to Pattaya and it was nice to meet you in Starbucks this morning. If I can be of any assistance let me know. :)

Been here last two months and moving out in a few days.    I'm moving to pratumnak Cosy Beach view...    with the lockdown want a bigger place to hang and ocean view..

The loca of grand avenue is great.  But too many issues.   Over the past few weeks the fire alarm goes off for no reason.  Sometimes 3 am 4am 8am .  It's so fkn annoying.

Plus the place is built cheap..   time to move on.     Short term it's ok. So my 60 days ok. But now that I'm staying In pattaya another 3 or 4 months (if they extend covid extensions) and with no nightlife .  I need a bigger place to chill and entertain...      

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rocketboy said:

Welcome to Pattaya and it was nice to meet you in Starbucks this morning. If I can be of any assistance let me know. :)

Thanks @Rocketboy nice to meet you too.

9 hours ago, HimBadMan said:

Short term it's ok. So my 60 days ok. 

Did you rent for 60 days through an agent, a hotel site, directly from the owner, or through the Grand Avenue office?  

Edited by Banana Boi

2 hours ago, Banana Boi said:

Did you rent for 60 days through an agent, a hotel site, directly from the owner, or through the Grand Avenue office?  

1st 30 days through AirBnB then negotiated 2nd 30 days with owner/manager...       if you're coming now I would definitely suggest booking when on ground to negotiate better rate..     my rate was 12000 a month.  Thought it was fair for the size and amenities in the apartment and for a short term stay 

Edited by HimBadMan

Can someone recommend a good, trustworthy maid service? Heaven forfend I should clean my own condo! I would literally be taking food from the table of a deserving family!

28 minutes ago, duke main said:

Can someone recommend a good, trustworthy maid service? Heaven forfend I should clean my own condo! I would literally be taking food from the table of a deserving family!

I use these 2 for my cleaning every 2 weeks. Really sweet people whom I trust.

https://www.facebook.com/House-cleaning-services-100935725408831

I pay 400b for my 35 sqm condo, takes the 2 of them around 90 mins.

Normally at the reception there will be some cards or fliers for other cleaning services but they tend to be more expensive.

• 1 month later...
On 03/07/2021 at 14:00, article22 said:

I use these 2 for my cleaning every 2 weeks. Really sweet people whom I trust.

https://www.facebook.com/House-cleaning-services-100935725408831

I pay 400b for my 35 sqm condo, takes the 2 of them around 90 mins.

Normally at the reception there will be some cards or fliers for other cleaning services but they tend to be more expensive.

I've been having this couple cleaning for me 3 times a week for a month now. They do a great job and are very reliable. Today the husband told me his wife lost her regular job so now their independent business is their only income. He seems quite worried about the future. I told him to start coming every day (even though I don't really need it, I'm not that dirty) for additional income.

There are so many people struggling right now...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

I still like it here in spite of a couple of issues. The constant maintenance that seems to be required on the sewer system is kind of annoying. But the biggest reason I'll probably leave at the end of my lease is the threat of flooding during rainy season. A lot of cars and bikes got seriously damaged last year.

Do we have any Grand Avenue owners here? Have you heard anything about long term fixes to avoid future flooding? I don't understand why Centara and The Urban didn't have similar issues.

If it wasn't for those 2 things (flooding and sewer) I'd stay here with no hesitation.

Some person in your building tried to sell a vehicle to me. Did not disclose that it was once under water. I learned this from a friend who lives there. I did not say anything just listened. Buyer beware, because the vehicle looked spotless 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Have to say I'm quite happy with the place. One thing, though, as a prominent recent thread shows. The soi may become an absolute shit show later this year. The road will likely be dug up and fuck knows about access during rainy season. Gonna be interesting.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Are people able to drive in and out of City Garden and The Urban? They must be gaining access somehow but the street looks totally blocked off. I haven't looked closely so I don't know what's going on.

7 minutes ago, duke main said:

Are people able to drive in and out of City Garden and The Urban? They must be gaining access somehow but the street looks totally blocked off. I haven't looked closely so I don't know what's going on.

At the moment its possible to drive to all condoes however access may be blocked by heavy equipment part of the day. 

Assume you are looking at condo in Soi 15 and would recommend you follow  the alert thread for updates before you book

23 minutes ago, duke main said:

A few weeks ago it was really bad .. most of the day you could only get a motorcycle through and that was often by queing up until they moved the crane to make a narrow gap you could drive through (and on top of that it was through a few inches of mud) .. now the crane work has mostly stopped outside the city garden section and they have filled most of the holes (with dirt) .. i think the serious work will move further up towards avenue soon and the same thing will happen there!

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/03/2022 at 17:49, duke main said:

up to now access to both has been from buakaow down an unmade soi past the whisper hotel, but i think at least for city garden that might change for the better soon

On 02/03/2022 at 18:19, praf974 said:

A few weeks ago it was really bad .. most of the day you could only get a motorcycle through and that was often by queing up until they moved the crane to make a narrow gap you could drive through (and on top of that it was through a few inches of mud) .. now the crane work has mostly stopped outside the city garden section and they have filled most of the holes (with dirt) .. i think the serious work will move further up towards avenue soon and the same thing will happen there!

i've put some pics up from this morning  on the "Alert thread" together with my guess at the work sequence they have planned...............and i could be way off. i think by the end of next week there will be access to city garden by a concreted section of Soi 15 which should ease things at least for there.