IGNORED

Jomtien: Cetus Condos - Looking for someone to work with

ChiFlyer

I have been identifying targets for a one year furnished condo rental that would begin August of 2020. Cetus Condos has units that fit what I am looking for:

• Large units (100 sq m +) available
  • Nicely furnished units. For a one year rental, ratty furniture would be a show stopper.
  • Quiet location on Jomtien Beach Road near Soi 15 (quiet is important to me)
  • Parking (both motorbike and car) and decent Security
  • Good pool area
  • Decent baht bus and/or motorbike options available for my partner (she can't drive worth a shi*), who needs her independence to get around. Having to rely on me to drive her pretty butt around all the time would make her unhappy.
  • What I am describing at Cetus is pushing the budget, but should be doable. I am thinking 55,000 a month for basic rent. I will have to be wowed to spend that much.

This unit wows me.

https://www.hipflat.co.th/en/listings/chonburi-condo-dxpqgzrf

Anyway, I am looking for someone to work with, who would be interested in what may be a longish sales cycle. I am in the Jomtien area until Songkran. I would like to have something like the example in place and locked in for when I return around August 1st. I have some business in the US to take care of between Songkran and August 1st. I plan on making Jomtien my home and would be interested in any option to buy plans, if available.

Please PM me to discuss further, if you think this is a situation you may be able to work with me on.

We went over to Cetus today. The company that directly manages the property (Apus) said that it would be unlikely that they would have what I want in my time frame. Fair enough. I have noticed that some owners advertise through other realtors, so I will keep the option open with occasional internet searches. Nice property. Very good security and parking. Nice enough, but not a great pool.

Stopped in at VT7 on the way back home. Very nice property. Good security, decent enough parking, and pretty decent location. It is actually buffered from the boy bar alleys, so that should not be a problem. We looked at a 140 sqm 2 bedroom for 45,000 on the Pattaya (North) side. This would be buffered from the Thappraya street noise and bars. Corner unit with a huge wrap around balcony on the 22nd floor. Great view of Dongtang Beach and the Ocean. Nicely tricked out with a washing machine, dish washer, and a big refrigerator. Furniture could be better, but hey it is a rental. I figure we can use the smaller bedroom as a storage room. The pool is decent, but not as nice as the VT2A pool. This VT7 condo is a definite target and they appeared to be willing to work with me on my dates. The Sandbar music will occasionally be annoying, but they stop before 11 PM. I am ok with that.

The plan so far is to keep looking. So far the 130 sqm VT2A condo is number 1, but the dates might not work on that one. The VT7 property is number 2. I will likely try to lock one in fairly early next year. I would check out Phratamnak, but that location will not work well for the GF. I know she would like to remain in VT2A because she has made some friends here, as have I.

Edited by ChiFlyer

Don’t commit to a long term rental anywhere until you’ve stayed in the building (preferably for a month).

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”