Notlim

Help me plan my trip please

Notlim
54 minutes ago, ocka said:

I'm going to be in Pattaya for a month starting in late February.

I will be staying in Soi Honey this time - it's conveniently located for LK Metro nightlife and soi Chaiyapoon bars and massage parlors,  as well as all the soapies and girls on soi Honey itself.   Also a convenient spot for catching baht buses in both directions.

My thoughts on your question, based on my 2017 visit. ...............

Nice bars to chill out without getting hassled for lady drinks:

Le PubSoi Diamond.  This is a great spot to start (or rest from) a Walking Street tour. 

iRovers - LK Metro.  Air conditioned sports bar, good food too.

Triangle bar - Soi Chaiyapoon

I'll give another recommend for the Leng Kee restaurant on Central Road.  Best dishes I had there were Tom Yam Plaa, Gaeng Phet Gai and Gaeng Massaman Gai,  all excellent.

Don't miss: 

Windmill agogo - lots of hands-on fun.  Best go just after opening,  when most of the prettiest girls are still there.

Dollhouse upstairs.  Beautiful girls on the play mat - Touch and taste optional.

Devils Den threesome.  They sent two stunningly gorgeous girls to my hotel for 6000 THB.  An experience I plan to repeat.   If you have any special desires,  just let them know when you book.

New things I plan to try this time:

Gentlemen's clubs

Soi 6 bars,  particularly Red Point and Pussy Club

Some places I have never been but are on my list to visit. (some of these are new since 2017)

Honey Lounge Gentlemen's club (GC), Double Kiss Lounge GC, Kinnaree Place GC

Golden Time and Babylon GC's, Excite club, Maggie Mays, Bar de la Poste

KINK agogo, Pandoras agogo (soi LK Metro)

Diamond Club

Soi Bongkot GC's

All the above just my opinion only from one trip to Pattaya (I haven't been to Bangkok)  They might give you some ideas for your trip,  and a forum search should turn up more information about any place I have mentioned.

Ocka! This is an awesome post!

many tips here for me to research. Than-you very much for the recommendations for some of your favourite dishes from those restaurants. That is one thing I really want to brush up on. I often don’t know what many of the Thai dishes are so other than the obvious stuff like pad Thai or larb or moo krapow I  didn’t know where to start on the 100s of items on the menu. 

I’m sure just like everywhere there are some restaurants that make on e dish better than others so I’m the absence of a TG  to  help guide my choices your tips are very much appreciated- thank-you!

Edited by Notlim
Clarity

ocka
5 minutes ago, Notlim said:

I don’t know what many of the Thai dishes are so other than the obvious stuff like pad Thai or larb or moo krapow I  didn’t know where to start on the 100s of items on the menu. 

Gaeng Phet is a traditional Thai red curry with coconut milk,  and Gai is chicken.

Gaeng Massaman is a southern style curry with peanut and potato in the sauce.

I usually have these with steamed rice - kaao suai (pronounced like "cow sue eye" in English.)

Tom Yam Plaa is a spicy soup made with fish, mushrooms, chili and lime juice. 

Tom Yam Goong is the same thing,  but with prawns instead of fish.

The waiter may ask if you want your food spicy (phet)  you can try the following options:

• my phet = not hot
  • phet nit noi = a little bit hot
  • phet maak maak = so hot my eyeballs will fall out.

Notlim

Dude! That is awesome!

we like the same things. I didn’t know what it was called but 2 weekends ago I made chicken with curry and coconut sauce here at home from internet recipes and loved it. The Thai restaurant  I go to here just added a red curry beef noodle dish to the menu that I am currently in love with. Massaman curry I had last time in Bangkok- that shit is wonderful.

here the Thai restaurants all seem to call that soup “tom  yum” then They have a choice seafood, chicken or beef. Tom yum beef is always a starter for me...love that stuff. It tastes completely different in every restaurant I frequent. We have a couple of Asian supermarkets here where I can get fairly authentic ingredients ( holy basil and tom yum paste for instance) so I have taken a couple stabs at making tom yum Nuer but frankly they all sucked- even the shittiest restaurant version is way better than I can make at home- so far.

damn it is 6am here and my belly is rumbling for Thai food already...it’s gonna be a long day:D

Edited by Notlim

Patpat

Since you've only done billboard and thermae in Bangkok, I would recommend trying out the other stuff Bangkok has to offer and decide for yourself.

Just finished my third trip. After my first 2 trips, I thought Bangkok didn't compare to Pattaya. My 3rd trip included 3 days in Bangkok and I really enjoyed it. 

-Check out some of the other bars in Nana. Rainbow 2 and 4 if you like the Japanese/Korean looking girls. Butterflies is the sister bar of Billboard and they have a ton of girls. 

-Check out soi cowboy. Not as good as Nana but worth going into some of the bars like Crazy Horse

-7 heaven BJ bar. Little bit more expensive than other bj bars but the girls are young and super cute 

-Patpong. Only visited because a buddy wanted to check it out. Ended up having the best time in Badabing bar. Hot girls, no pressure for ladydrinks, and my barfine was amazing. I went into badabing and castle 2. Both recommend

I still prefer Pattaya over Bangkok but will always spend a few days in Bangkok 

Edited by Patpat

Notlim
3 minutes ago, Patpat said:

Since you've only done billboard and thermae in Bangkok, I would recommend trying out the other stuff Bangkok has to offer and decide for yourself.

Just finished my third trip. After my first 2 trips, I thought Bangkok didn't compare to Pattaya. My 3rd trip included 3 days in Bangkok and I really enjoyed it. 

-Check out some of the other bars in Nana. Rainbow 2 and 4 if you like the Japanese/Korean looking girls. Butterflies is the sister bar of Billboard and they have a ton of girls. 

-Check out soi cowboy. Not as good as Nana but worth going into some of the bars like Crazy Horse

-7 heaven BJ bar. Little bit more expensive than other bj bars but the girls are young and super cute 

-Patpong. Only visited because a buddy wanted to check it out. Ended up having the best time in Badabing bar. Hot girls, no pressure for ladydrinks, and my barfine was amazing. I went into badabing and castle 2. Both recommend

I still prefer Pattaya over Bangkok but will always spend a few days in Bangkok 

Hehe- I only pulled company from billboard and thermae.. but I trolled through most of the bars in nana ( all the ones without ladyboys standing outside anyways) and soi cowboy. Butterflies, the rainbows and Spankys were all ok- just on the particular nights I was there I didn’t see a BG that reeled me in. Billboard had multiple girls that checked all my boxes. My hotel was on soi 15 so I just walked in the back door of thermae whenever I went out at at night wherever I was going- cowboy or nana then thermae was on the way. Weird place but lots of eye candy and if I wasn’t on a mission to go someplace else really I would have been able to find suitable company there every time...and in my minds eye there was a couple that I really should of tried but I was on a mission to explore cowboy, or spanky’s or wherever I was going that night and didn’t. 

So many options. I will now make a mission to add some pat pong destinations to My Bangkok agenda- thank-you very much!

ocka
On 08/12/2019 at 21:26, Notlim said:

The Thai restaurant  I go to here just added a red curry beef noodle dish to the menu that I am currently in love with.

Red curry beef is my favorite,  but a few people told me that beef is poor quality in Thailand, so I ordered chicken instead on my last trip.  It looks like our trip dates will overlap, and we have similar tastes in Thai food, so please let me know if you find any recommended places or dishes.  I will do the same.

If you like curries, you might be pleased to know that Pattaya also has a lot of Indian restaurants.  I had a really good Aloo Gobhi from Indian Lounge on Second Road.  I notice that there is an Indian restaurant in Soi Honey near my hotel, so I'm looking forward to trying that one.