Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

Notlim

Help me plan my trip please

Notlim

Hello Gentleman,

I am a newbie, 1 trip under my belt to Thailand. Stayed in Bangkok at the dream hotel. Had fun with girls from billboard and thermae.

Enough fun that I want to go back for a couple weeks again. I am thinking about late february-early March 2020. Also thinking I better add pattaya to this one.

So tell me what I missed and where I should go- there’s such a tremendous amount of information here in the forum I don’t know where to start.

things I think I missed on my first trip: 

Pattaya

oily/ soap/ nuru 

Morning glory

thanks for any and all help!!

cheers

Machinations

You don't give us enough info about you to work with so in short:

Take a taxi from Bangkok to Pattaya. I recommend Nam taxi service.

Book a hotel that is recommended on this forum like LK residence, 247 Boutique, Acqua, Blue Sky, Areca Lodge.

Everything is within walking distance or a short motosai trip. Make use of the baht buses, learn their routes.

The usual places to visit are: Soi 6, Walking Street, LK Metro, soi Honey, soi Chayapoon.

As you said, there is a large amount of info on the forum.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

talung66

read forum 

talung66
55 minutes ago, Notlim said:

Morning glory

all Thai restaurants sell it. 70 baht in tin cup i always order it as a side dish with a TG

you can get it buy the bunch in your home country as well most probably no need to come to thailand 

Edited by talung66

Notlim

Thanks for your reply- Yes, I just thought that I was a bit short on info sorry.:Dunno1:

i’m 46. Traveled a bit, mongered in Panama, Costa Rica, Brazil, Singapore etc...

I’m not a cheap Charlie nor a one week millionaire. My budget is usually around 10-20,000baht a day not including the hotel. Some days more some less, I just go with the flow.

I generally like to stay at decent hotels, I have status with marriot and Hilton. Most likely hotel in pattaya for me I think would be baraquda- but open to other suggestions.

i will likely have a few beers in the evening but not generally looking to get sloppy every day...if it happens in the right place with the right girl(s) then all good. But it’s not my primary mission to consume vast quantities of booze.

the things I enjoyed most about Bangkok-

#1- billboard. I probed most of the other bars in nana and few on so I cowboy. Billboard was the fun one for me and the only place I pulled girls from.

#2 the food- pad Thai, moo krapow,, the Schwarma from the guys by the corner of sukhumvit and soi 4 where you the crosswalk is was so good I would likely go back to bkk just for that.

#3- wandering around the markets in the day/ afternoon. Grazing on the coconut ice cream and Satays  and checking out all the stalls

I debated running down to pattaya last trip but it was only 6days and I was enjoying bkk enough that I didn’t want to waste the travel time. Bumping this one up to 2 weeks so I can enjoy both cities a bit hopefully.

I would generally pay a bit more for a girl I find attractive than try and save a few hundred baht at a venue with limited choices. The thermae girl was st and quite enjoyable I would of repeated with her but never saw her again.  There were 5 different girls I took LT  from billboard. All enjoyable, a couple repeats and one threesome included.  I didn’t make my way into any massage parlours or any bj bars or ? Anything else I probably should of done in BKK.

hopefully that helps clear the waters a bit- lol

Edited by Notlim
Fix typo

WalterA
11 minutes ago, Notlim said:

I’m not a cheap Charlie nor a one week millionaire. My budget is usually around 10-20,000baht a day not including the hotel. Some days more some less, I just go with the flow.

20,000 Baht is US 660 or 970 Australian dollars .... you must be eating a shit load of morning glory .... if you are spending that sort of money ... you either fly first class all the way or you’ve got no clue, newbie gullible and are being sucked in by the locals ...

Notlim

Mostly the former...but a little of the latter willingly:D

Notlim

But really, like I said not generally a cheap Charlie, A night for me was generally probe a couple nana or soi bars, a drink here, a lady drink there, spend $3k on drinks in billboard, bf somebody, go play pool and a few more drinks here or there and then pay the girl,   Some days  were 15-20k easy with taxi rides, a few restaurant stops and a little shopping...  and some days like the thermae one were much less.

Tom345

Hmm with your budget of up to 20k per day... Maybe bf a Russian blondie LT everyday 5555

Notlim

For me personally I think that the thai girls are mostly prettier and have always been a better experience than a russian. Admittedly my experiences with slavs has been pretty limited- brix in singapore and strippers here at home in the strip clubs.... but none of those experiences left me wanting to seek out russians- should i make an effort and find some in Bkk or pattaya?

WhiteThai

Pattaya is a very small town compared to Bangkok. No need to plan too much besides hotel. You'll have the place figured out in a day, no worries.

QuotaMan

Wow, 10-20k baht per day not includes hotel is definitely two week millionaire status. 

Only thing I can advise for next trip is to spend most if not all of your time in Pattaya or split it with Bangkok.

As for Pattaya, biggest thing you need to plan is where to stay hotel wise. Once that's settled everything else is easy as unlike Bangkok all venues are easily accessible by baht bus or walking. I personally stay in central Pattaya anywhere between Central Festival and Avenue shopping malls. Walking Street and Soi 6 by baht bus, many beer bars in-between.

And as stated above read the many topics in the bars/gogos and soapy massage sections, as well as LK Metro. Lots of good info there on which places to go.

Notlim

I was sort of hoping for advice like- "do a soapy on soi__ in bkk because they are way better at it than any place in patts"

or "make sure and hit restaurant XY for some moo krapow because it is the best in pattaya"

the most likely hotel I see for me in pattaya is baraquda, I see some decent reviews here for it- and the location looks fairly central to me?

Notlim

other than that - maybe I asked my question in too broad a fashion,

would I have better luck with something like:

"soapy, oily or nuru massage- which one and where for a newbie?"

Notlim

And really- I just put that budget thing in because I see a few people here worried whether the barfine is 1250 or 1500, or if breakfast is included or costs 100baht

And that is not me- if there are 2 massage parlors and one has better looking girls for 1000baht more- I want to suss out which parlor that is-because that is very likely the one for me. I don't want to throw it away...but that is really what I am here for so no need to skrimp on the companionship

Notlim
21 minutes ago, QuotaMan said:

Wow, 10-20k baht per day not includes hotel is definitely two week millionaire status. 

Only thing I can advise for next trip is to spend most if not all of your time in Pattaya or split it with Bangkok.

How would you split it? One week in each?

I have seen some say that is best to just skip BKK and head straight to Patts from the airport.

I believe I still want to spend some time in BKK but maybe after Patts that will not apply.

I think the smartest thing to do(if that term can be applied to any of this -lol) is to do just that this time. My very scarcely laid out plan right now is:

Arrange for a Nam pickup at the bkk airport and head straight to patts.

have a room booked at Baraquda for a week and at the end of that week decide whether I want to stay in Patts or head to BKK and book rooms/ moves accordingly. By that time I will have a feel for Pattaya and I already know what I will be doing in BKK.

But really at this stage my planning is wide open

wolfy

My Advice for what it's worth.  Don't make plans, get to Pattaya and let things happen.  If you make elaborate plans you won't stick to them anyway.  Go and have fun, that's enough planning.  Works for me!!!

QuotaMan
9 minutes ago, Notlim said:

How would you split it? One week in each?

I have seen some say that is best to just skip BKK and head straight to Patts from the airport.

I believe I still want to spend some time in BKK but maybe after Patts that will not apply.

I think the smartest thing to do(if that term can be applied to any of this -lol) is to do just that this time. My very scarcely laid out plan right now is:

Arrange for a Nam pickup at the bkk airport and head straight to patts.

have a room booked at Baraquda for a week and at the end of that week decide whether I want to stay in Patts or head to BKK and book rooms/ moves accordingly. By that time I will have a feel for Pattaya and I already know what I will be doing in BKK.

But really at this stage my planning is wide open

I think that's a good plan.

You never know, as much as we all love Pattaya, some guys may not. One week is plenty enough time to get a feel for the place, and if you like it, you can stay and if not, can go back to Bangkok.

I did stay at Baraquda five years ago and liked it a lot. Nice room setups and right next door to Avenue center.

Colin back in Pattaya

If a high quality soapy massage is important, get it in Bangkok. There is far more choice there and higher quality than Patts.

Apart from soapies, Pattaya is cheaper and has a wide selection of go gos, beer bars massage places etc etc. There's plenty to keep you busy for two weeks.

You misunderstood someone's comment about going with Russian girls. Leave well alone! They are more expensive than Thai girls by far and not nearly such nice people. You will probably get very poor value for money.

Punter

I can't help you're overthinking this. Just get yourself there and the rest will fall into place as long as you've got a place to stay that's reasonable and recommended. I much prefer Pattaya to Bangkok and happily spend a month there every year with feeling any need to visit anywhere else I've visited previously in LOS. Enjoy. It's not as good as it was but it still beats the hell out of most places on planet.

sulu
30 minutes ago, Notlim said:

I was sort of hoping for advice like- "do a soapy on soi__ in bkk because they are way better at it than any place in patts"

or "make sure and hit restaurant XY for some moo krapow because it is the best in pattaya"

ALL that advice and a lot more is available on the board already, in places like Quotaman told you in Post 12.

BlooBell

I’ve not spent a lot of time in BKK but one of the advantages Pattaya has over it IMO is that if you pick the right location then you don’t really need to plan. 

Quotaman has given good advice re location, I like to be around the Soi Diana/Avenue/Soi Honey area and then you have some much choice and variety in striking distance and bus routes to the 6 and WS. 

You can leave your hotel of an evening with an open mind and just let things fall in to place. 

I tend to tick off bucket list items during the day. A certain girl, certain GC, particular experience etc and just go with the flow at nights. 

In terms of how you split your time, only you can decide that. FWIW, my 21 night trip Feb-Mar is 2 nights BKK, 8 Pattaya, 6 Koh Chang, 5 Pattaya so that tells you my BKK/Pattaya pecking order. 

Notlim
16 minutes ago, Colin back in Pattaya said:

If a high quality soapy massage is important, get it in Bangkok. There is far more choice there and higher quality than Patts.

Apart from soapies, Pattaya is cheaper and has a wide selection of go gos, beer bars massage places etc etc. There's plenty to keep you busy for two weeks.

You misunderstood someone's comment about going with Russian girls. Leave well alone! They are more expensive than Thai girls by far and not nearly such nice people. You will probably get very poor value for money.

Yes! that is what I was looking for- I really don't know if it is worth it but if I do search one out now it will be in Bangkok. 

Notlim
10 minutes ago, sulu said:

ALL that advice and a lot more is available on the board already, in places like Quotaman told you in Post 12.

yes, I know there is a cornucopia of information here, I have logged many, many hours reading and only scratched the surface. I was just hoping for the cliff notes version on what works for others and to try and find some hidden gems/ don't miss spots that I might otherwise miss in the thousands and thousands of posts here and the BKK forum

Notlim
21 minutes ago, QuotaMan said:

I think that's a good plan.

You never know, as much as we all love Pattaya, some guys may not. One week is plenty enough time to get a feel for the place, and if you like it, you can stay and if not, can go back to Bangkok.

I did stay at Baraquda five years ago and liked it a lot. Nice room setups and right next door to Avenue center.

thank-you for the Baraquda vote of confidence!

and yes that is exactly my feeling- the same shoe doesn't fit everyone, and I was just trying to sort out some of the options that might be better suited to me. 2 weeks sounds like a long time in the planning but once on the ground I find it goes by in the blink of an eye..:Cry4: