IGNORED

Flight from Dublin to Bangkok (Aeroflot)

koolgirl1985

Hi

Flight from Dublin to Bangkok only for €520 return.

Hey guys, anyone has any experience in taking flights from Aeroflot (Russian Airlines).

Hows the airline such as room for legs, food within plane, quality of the aircrafts, i mean are the planes bigger or smaller, from moscow to bangkok it’s almost 9 hours, is it worth flying with them.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Google airline review sites .There are several .Out of interest who flies you on the Dublin Moscow route ?

Emirates was 550 last time I looked. :rolleyes:

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

19 hours ago, Chiang mai Tony said:

Google airline review sites .There are several .Out of interest who flies you on the Dublin Moscow route ?

Aeroflot ... Russian Airlines .  

Anybody ever fly with Aeroflot before ? Just saw €437 return flight available during January .. Always used Arab airlines ( Gulfair , Etihad and Qatar ) . 

Edited by jocky king

I flew with Aeroflot in 2017.

I usually fly with EVA or KLM since those are the only 2 airliners that still fly directly to BKK from Amsterdam which i prefer personally, however i was traveling with a mate and he insisted on saving 150€ and go for the layover in Moscow, i strongly objected but he was adamant. AFAIK it can not be helped.

Amsterdam > Moscow > Bkk and back

- The flights we're absolute fantastic, very smooth. All 4 legs in total.

- Food service onboard was ok

- Layover in Moscow airport to BKK was chaotic and hectic.

- Return flight BKK to Moscow got delayed 2 hours which meant we'd miss our layover to Amsterdam, upon arrival in Moscow it took us 4 hours to finally get booked onto another flight..... Which would be another 15 hours later...… We we're compensated with a 600RUB coupon which buys you literally nothing in the entire airport. So we ended up being stuck in Moscow airport for 20 hours, instead of 1.45 hours. I could easily go on an hour rant on why this airport is literally hell on earth but i will spare you from the details and just advise you to stick with Emirates or Qatar and Emirates.

I think Aeroflot is a great airliner, we we're just unlucky our flight in bkk to Moscow got delayed. However i never want to set foot in Moscow airport ever again and for that reason alone. I will never fly Aeroflot ever again.

Aeroflot good, Moscow Airport bad (and bad is a terrible understatement)

20161213_123147.thumb.jpg.34414374fa4bd5fe449f76e6d7a8e320.jpg

20161213_134534.thumb.jpg.d4b9104ddf5ca0b3e58285128ae20e56.jpg

20161213_150423.thumb.jpg.fce34e85a8528943047c97e3f0e10f70.jpg

20161213_191906_HDR.thumb.jpg.5c187b5e675e7570c3e216bd8fbad037.jpg

This was some of the top level logistical genius of Moscow Airport... This was the gate, in between a Victoria's secret and a delishop.

Never again…...

Edited by Lhasa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I flew with Aeroflot in 2017.
I usually fly with EVA or KLM since those are the only 2 airliners that still fly directly to BKK from Amsterdam which i prefer personally, however i was traveling with a mate and he insisted on saving 150€ and go for the layover in Moscow, i strongly objected but he was adamant. AFAIK it can not be helped.

Amsterdam > Moscow > Bkk and back
- The flights we're absolute fantastic, very smooth. All 4 legs in total.
- Food service onboard was ok
- Layover in Moscow airport to BKK was chaotic and hectic.
- Return flight BKK to Moscow got delayed 2 hours which meant we'd miss our layover to Amsterdam, upon arrival in Moscow it took us 4 hours to finally get booked onto another flight..... Which would be another 15 hours later...… We we're compensated with a 600RUB coupon which buys you literally nothing in the entire airport. So we ended up being stuck in Moscow airport for 20 hours, instead of 1.45 hours. I could easily go on an hour rant on why this airport is literally hell on earth but i will spare you from the details and just advise you to stick with Emirates or Qatar and Emirates.

I think Aeroflot is a great airliner, we we're just unlucky our flight in bkk to Moscow got delayed. However i never want to set foot in Moscow airport ever again and for that reason alone. I will never fly Aeroflot ever again.

20161213_123147.thumb.jpg.34414374fa4bd5fe449f76e6d7a8e320.jpg
20161213_134534.thumb.jpg.d4b9104ddf5ca0b3e58285128ae20e56.jpg
20161213_150423.thumb.jpg.fce34e85a8528943047c97e3f0e10f70.jpg
20161213_191906_HDR.thumb.jpg.5c187b5e675e7570c3e216bd8fbad037.jpg
This was some of the top level logistical genius of Moscow Airport... This was the gate, in between a Victoria's secret and a delishop.
Never again…...

Thanks for the information

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Lhasa said:

So we ended up being stuck in Moscow airport for 20 hours, instead of 1.45 hours.

Same same but this is going back 20 years was stuck in Moscow airport for 27 hours .

Absolute nightmare never again

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lhasa said:

My sentiment exactly.

Last time I went through there was with Singapore Airlines, though. The airport still sucked just as much.

Edited by boxershrimp
Screwed up in the editor

Might be handy to say which Moscow airport you guys are talking about. There are three, SVO, DME and VKO.

My only experience is transiting Domodedovo about six years ago. I smoked at the time and remember that not being a problem. Didn't have a lot of time but thought it would be rude not to have a vodka while there. At that time it wasn't possible to pay with US $ which is all I had. Luckily a fellow passenger took pity on me as I really didn't fancy using my cards there. 

I had a short stop but that was basically a refuelling break so no chance of missing the connection.

Don't think it has changed but last I heard there's no alcohol on Aeroflot flights between Moscow and Bangkok.

A good friend who flies extensively (150k+ miles each year) recently had to fly Aeroflot to Russia and said that he was pleasantly surprised.  

That said, he was either in business class or first class.

• 1 month later...

I flew with them a lot of time, fleet is new and the service is good the only problem for me is all the airports in Russia are smoke free. Waiting 3 hours without have a cigarette made me crazy [emoji23]

Inviato dal mio LYA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Time spent in airports can chew up any savings you make.I fly with etihad for that reason,their layovers are short.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/02/2020 at 01:07, zerosix06 said:

I flew with them a lot of time, fleet is new and the service is good the only problem for me is all the airports in Russia are smoke free. Waiting 3 hours without have a cigarette made me crazy emoji23.png

Inviato dal mio LYA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

You could "secretly" smoke in the toilet, as every smoker here does :)

• 8 months later...

I was wondering, what is the best airline that gives you the best flight to Bangkok from Dublin? Is it really Aeroflot? Thank you so much! I haven't tried Aeroflot yet but I want to give it a try. 

12 hours ago, HeyKaitlyn said:

I was wondering, what is the best airline that gives you the best flight to Bangkok from Dublin? Is it really Aeroflot? Thank you so much! I haven't tried Aeroflot yet but I want to give it a try. 

best airline , best flight would be Qatar . 100% ! 

• Like 3

On 26/10/2020 at 18:38, Guiness said:

best airline , best flight would be Qatar . 100% ! 

I flew with Qatar on my last trip and found them to be excellent and they were also the best price at the time of booking. They will be my number one choice for all future bookings whenever that will be.....:Cry3:

Done this trip 20 plus times with 10 airlines; Qatar and Cathay Pacific best airlines IMHO. Best actual route though I think is FinnAir via Helsinki, quickest overall timewise, good connection times, Vantaa very easy airport to transit through and FinnAir are decent enough, cheap business upgrades can be had too.