IGNORED

Question about a side trip

johnc57

I'm planning my next visit and I'd like to spend a couple days on one of the nearby islands. 

However, I'd like to be flexible and not plan where I will be on each day. 

So, let's say I book 2 weeks (prepay) at a hotel and during this 2 weeks I want to visit an island.

My question is: Do you check out of your hotel then check back in after returning or do you just keep the room and pay for the room on the island as well? 

If you check out, has there been an issue getting a refund? 

Any advice on the best way to do this?

Thanks.

Why don’t you just make two separate bookings?  Whether you’ll get a refund depends on the terms.  If you want flexibility, I would  not bother with bookings and walk in.  There are lots of hotel rooms.

Edited by Piece Corp

Retired

the times I’ve taken a side trip, even when planned prior to arriving in Thailand I’ve always just kept the room throughout my time away from Pattaya.

I bring a suitcase so it just makes it easier to leave that in the room and pack a backpack for the time away, also I stay in a condo so I keep the room i chose..probably not such an issue with a hotel where most rooms in the same class would be same same.

When I do a side trip, which is every trip, I just keep my Pattaya hotel.

Pack light and live the rest of my stuff in my room when I travel.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

If you prepay, you wont be getting any refund. This is pretty much true at any hotel in the world.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Which Island are you going to and for how long , if it's just an overnight thing then keep the room , if it's a few days I normally pack up and then check back in on return ... you can always still take a backpack and ask your hotel to keep the majority of your luggage until you get back 

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...