IGNORED

MCO to CNX Jet Blue & Eva Air will my bags make it?

ginseng

I bought a ticket that departs from Orlando, Florida (MCO) on the Eva Airways site. After buying the ticket I noticed there is a hop from MCO to New York (JFK) that uses Jet Blue Airlines, a partner of Eva.

From JFK to Taipei and then Chiang Mai is all Eva Airways. I'm not sure if my bags will be transferred at JFK from Jet Blue to Eva or if I need to pick them up and recheck them myself?

I called both airlines. Jet Blue said they will send them to Eva, but Eva said ask Jet blue at the gate to confirm. Has anyone had this type of multi airline situation. Did you have to recheck your bags or did they make it all the way? My guess is they will be checked all the way but would like to hear if anyone else has experienced this.

I have done mutiple-airline trips many times. It's rare that you need to pick up your luggage in the middle of a trip, but it does happen, so make sure you check. Look at your luggage tag - the little sticker they usually put on the back of your boarding pass - and see if it ends at your destination. If not, make sure your connection is long enough to give you time to check your luggage back in. What is quite common in this type of trip, though, is that you don't get all of your boarding passes from the start, even though your luggage is checked all the way through. If that happens, you will have to get a boarding pass from a transfer desk, which can usually be done without leaving the transit area (ie. no need to go out and back in through security/immigration and all that). When you check in for your first flight they should be able to tell you what you need to do.

check on eva air website. Hey have a list of luggage inter-lining partners. And since you bought the flight in 1 ticket, it should be checked to CNX.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

I called Jet Blue. Even though I purchased the ticket on the EVA site; Jet Blue generated their own confirmation number. They provided it to me by phone and when I entered it in their system sure enough it shows the entire flight all the way to Thailand so hopefully the checked bags are ticketed appropriately. I will confirm at the airport.

Capture.PNG