IGNORED

Cost of flights back to the U.K.

Proffesor

Have to admit that the last time I had to fly back to the U.K. was back in the late summer of 2015, so I'm obviously out of touch.

From what I recall, Emirates BKK to Glasgow, leaving on the 3rd September returning on the 31st September, was just under THB 100k for the 2 of us. Cattle class.

I've just looked on Expedia ( other flight supermarkets are available ) and found return flights for a week in mid-February next year, BKK to Birmingham from several airlines, including Emirates ( which has a flight duration of just over 16 hours, so very short lay-over ) is markedly less than THB 30k.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but when/why did the prices drop so dramatically ? Is it due to the THB being so strong ?

17 minutes ago, Proffesor said:

Have to admit that the last time I had to fly back to the U.K. was back in the late summer of 2015, so I'm obviously out of Touch.

From what I recall, Emirates BKK to Glasgow, leaving on the 3rd September returning on the 31st September, was just under THB 100k for the 2 of us. Cattle class.

I've just looked on Expedia ( other flight supermarkets are available ) and found return flights for a week in mid-February next year, BKK to Birmingham from several airlines, including Emirates ( which has a flight duration of just over 16 hours, so very short lay-over ) is markedly less than THB 30k.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but when/why did the prices drop so dramatically ? Is it due to the THB being so strong ?

30k for two of you. Very cheap. Not worth trying to figure out why, its 4 years later.

8 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

30k for two of you. Very cheap. Not worth trying to figure out why, its 4 years later.

No, Sorry, I didn't make myself clear - I'm looking at about THB 26.8k for one.

Make sure you check the fare categories. The cheapest fares will not include seat selection so if you want to choose your seats before check in it can add up to quite a bit. Also, some airlines now even have fares that don’t include checked baggage. Best way to check is to look on the airline website and look at the details.

• Like 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Here you go:

4458600F-BBDB-443D-8F62-FB644E52B9C2.jpeg

This is outward leg BKK-BHX in February with Emirates. Cheapest fare gives 25kg in baggage and you have to pay to choose seats. Next fare gives 30kg and free seat selection. Different fees to change/cancel as well.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

2 minutes ago, Proffesor said:

No, Sorry, I didn't make myself clear - I'm looking at about THB 26.8k for one.

Which is about right for 1 person, of course. 

Some cheap emirates flights have reduced baggage to 15kg instead of the standard 25kg. Seat selection is free, 48 hrs prior to check in.