Mr_wimpy

I know your password and recorded you wanking email scam - Password Manager Software

Mr_wimpy

Getting loads of these spam emails lately.  Thought this was interesting if anyone else is suffering...

I'm not promoting the Dashline Password manager he mentions, asking if anyone recommends it or something similar?

Sounds quite good if it really does actually monitor the dark web and checks if one of your passwords has been compromised.

jocky king

I don’t give a shit if they shared my wanking videos , fuck em. 555

Edited by jocky king

Baz192

I think it would give me quite a buzz if I knew I was being watched having my weekly wank!!

davidge
16 minutes ago, Baz192 said:

I think it would give me quite a buzz if I knew I was being watched having my weekly wank!!

Only weekly?

hatguy

The problem for the guy who sent me mine was that I don't have Facebook. (Quit a few years ago as I didn't like what it was doing then.) I saw his deadline for payment and didn't cough up anything. Nothing happened. 

It did worry me a bit at the time but as soon as you Google the wording it pops up as a scam. 

Mr_wimpy

I moved from a managed hosted service to a VPS, which included hosting my own emails on the VPS.

i didn’t realise how much spam the hosted service was blocking by default.  Using Plesk.  Can’t get spam assassin to work :wacko:.  Blocks important emails if I switch it on on the lowest setting

Every other email is spam across 5 domains now.  Doing my head in.

fatjack1

I would just ask that they only use the video of my good side.  :07:

nzwolfgang

These emails are as legit as ones from Nigerian princes offering you money.  They’re totally random.  As such worrying about them is pointless. 

Nando9999
On 26/11/2019 at 08:20, jocky king said:

I don’t give a shit if they shared my wanking videos , fuck em. 555

Stupid scam, he should be asking you to pay him to share it rather than give you the free advertising.

Piece Corp

I got one of these emails when my phone didn’t have a camera :Crazy1:

Harry Brown

I know of people who were sent this type of email.

don't open it and just ignore it, it does not go any further , all bullshit.

The only way they can get money out of you is if you engage them in conversation . 

They don't send pics to anyone, it's  all bullshit.

Just change the password to your email acct and if you are worried they have hacked anything , just change the password to your bank accounts as well.

Mr_wimpy

^^^^^ yeah I know.

maybe I should have titled it, “password manager recommendations”

sorry if that wasn’t clear.  Only linked to the video and title because it was an example spam message

Edited by Mr_wimpy

Harry Brown
13 minutes ago, Mr_wimpy said:

^^^^^ yeah I know.

maybe I should have titled it, “password manager recommendations”

sorry if that wasn’t clear.  Only linked to the video and title because it was an example spam message

All good mate.

I was just offering advise to readers. ( I did not play the vid)

ex-pat

I use free Dashlane for the convenience of it, but it does screw up sometimes.

And Keepass for passwords. https://keepass.info/

You can set it for small delay, say 1 second between data inputs which would put a brute force attack into the millennium range. Well, I am just guessing, but difficult enough not to worry about it

nzwolfgang

So instead of having different passwords for everything you’re now saving them ALL in one thing, so if someone hacks that they get ALL your passwords.  Don’t you see how that is illogical?

Kahoy
1 hour ago, ex-pat said:

I use free Dashlane for the convenience of it, but it does screw up sometimes.

And Keepass for passwords. https://keepass.info/

You can set it for small delay, say 1 second between data inputs which would put a brute force attack into the millennium range. Well, I am just guessing, but difficult enough not to worry about it

KeepassX is no longer maintained and has been replaced by this fork https://keepassxc.org/

I like Keepass because it's offline and free. You can save the data file to an external hard drive and reinstall the app anytime on a new device.

The best of the online password managers IMO is 1Password but it is not free.

thinkingallowed

I got this email and as I always masturbate in the dark I emailed back offering to do it with the light on if they shared any profits with me.

ex-pat
8 hours ago, nzwolfgang said:

So instead of having different passwords for everything you’re now saving them ALL in one thing, so if someone hacks that they get ALL your passwords.  Don’t you see how that is illogical?

With Keepass, you can set to enter your master password on Windows Secure Desktop which I'm pretty sure would lock it out from even a keylogger. You never have to share that with any website, software, person - nobody and nothing. As I mentioned in another post you can also configure it to basically being impervious to a brute force attack. You cannot do that with any individual password used on websites or whatever. That is the difference Even a stolen datafile would not be a worry, so making discreet copies of that isn't either.

Agreed though, Dashlane is not very secure and I don't use it for my important passwords like bank accounts (and P-A. :D).

Crash6969

This scenario is like an episode of Black Mirror (on Netflix).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk