IGNORED

Thai Airways won’t accept my Postcode ?

Plantbasedkacj

I’m trying to book a flight on my phone on the Thai Airways website, and every time I type my postcode, capitals, with space, without space, it says invalid postcode. What’s the deal ? Anyone know how to solve this ? It’s a U.K. postcode 

11 minutes ago, Plantbasedkacj said:

Actually I’ve just seen that Thai Airways are probably going to go bankrupt so maybe best to not book with them

You think the Thai Government would allow that to happen?

52 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

You think the Thai Government would allow that to happen?

Have no idea but I don’t want to take any risks with my flight tickets, if things get worse for the airline who knows what could happen

Well I'm planning to book Thai Airways in the next month for my May trip and the flights I want are already half full so will take my chances and make sure I'm well insured in case, as above Quote says I don't think the Thai Government will allow this to happen because they need tourist spending money in there country. 

5 minutes ago, Plantbasedkacj said:

Actually I’ve just seen that Thai Airways are probably going to go bankrupt so maybe best to not book with them

2 hours ago, Plantbasedkacj said:

Have no idea but I don’t want to take any risks with my flight tickets, if things get worse for the airline who knows what could happen

1 hour ago, Rainsberger said:

Well I'm planning to book Thai Airways in the next month for my May trip and the flights I want are already half full so will take my chances and make sure I'm well insured in case, as above Quote says I don't think the Thai Government will allow this to happen because they need tourist spending money in there country. 

Pay with a credit card and the risk is covered.

8 hours ago, Rainsberger said:

Yeah guess so, but plenty of other airlines that fly to Bangkok, doesn’t have to be Thai Airways, though it’s nice to have a direct flight, and their service and food is good, not to mention the hot Thai flight attendants.

5 hours ago, Plantbasedkacj said:

Yeah guess so, but plenty of other airlines that fly to Bangkok, doesn’t have to be Thai Airways, though it’s nice to have a direct flight, and their service and food is good, not to mention the hot Thai flight attendants.

Yes, you are correct but i have got fed up using one-stop flights with Gulf Air, Etihad and Qatar nothing better than flying non-stop will not use British Airway and at the moment Thai Airways are cheaper than some one -stop flights and with Thai Airways only £440 and Free seat selection that's good enough for me roll on May 2020. 

11 hours ago, Plantbasedkacj said:

I don’t have a credit card

Get one or pick another airline will reduce risk.

So how should I type my post code when booking with Thai Airways ? Like I said, I’m typing in my post code and it keeps saying invalid post code 

44 minutes ago, Plantbasedkacj said:

So how should I type my post code when booking with Thai Airways ? Like I said, I’m typing in my post code and it keeps saying invalid post code 

Are you on a UK Thai Air website? If you are not it may not recognise UK codes

EDIT: Why are you using a Thai Air website anyway, Sky Scanner or Momondo or something like that will probably get you a better deal

• Like 2

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it

Sex is a bit like oxygen, unimportant until you are not getting enough!

www.sugarcanemafia.com

3 hours ago, Plantbasedkacj said:

Are you still trying to use your phone? maybe try on a computer.

Are you using the Thai Airways app? maybe try your phone's browser or vice versa.

Last year Thai Airways had some good prices on Black Friday so maybe wait one more day before booking.

Edited by ableyone
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, deano4598 said:

EDIT: Why are you using a Thai Air website anyway, Sky Scanner or Momondo or something like that will probably get you a better deal

Not always nowadays, albeit I have not flown with Thai for a long time, but booking a BA flight this year, it was cheaper on their own website than anywhere else.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, deano4598 said:

Are you on a UK Thai Air website? If you are not it may not recognise UK codes

I think I was, but not sure, I’ll double check next time, I looked at other prices and agency’s are similar or more expensive

6 hours ago, ableyone said:

Are you still trying to use your phone? maybe try on a computer.

Are you using the Thai Airways app? maybe try your phone's browser or vice versa.

Last year Thai Airways had some good prices on Black Friday so maybe wait one more day before booking.

I only tried on my phones browser, good point about Black Friday, I’ll check tomorrow then but Thai Airways isn’t doing so well so doubt they will offer a lower price 

6 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Not always nowadays, albeit I have not flown with Thai for a long time, but booking a BA flight this year, it was cheaper on their own website than anywhere else.

Correct. Not only might the carrier's website have lower prices but they may be at better flight times or durations.

Things change of course, but the internet booking sites don't always get ALL of the flights the airline has. Just like car rental companies will offer certain rates to certain airlines/travel agencies/websites and not to others. 

2 years ago, roughly Aug of 2017, I was searching for flights for the following Feb. I always use Kayak to begin with. United was the best combo of price and flight durations. I went to the United site and got a lower price AND better connections.

This year, while looking for this coming February, I was searching around and didn't find the same value(s) but it turns out it didn't matter as a fellow BM alerted me to a terrific deal with Qatar. MIA-BKK for $711. 21 hours there and 24 hours back, easily the best connections to be had. Search over.

• Like 1

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

Just out of interest, I flew to Brisbane last night with Thai and it was 2/3 full.

image.png