Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Linda's permanently closed, norwegians looking for norwegian christmas dinner

My friend and I were planning on having our Norwegian Christmas dinner there, we were both salivating over the menu they had on their webpage and talking about all the food we would order and not being able to finish eating.

315/177-180 M 12, Thappraya, Pattaya City, 20150, Thailand

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=lindas+restaurant+pattaya

Then today when I went to book a table, the webpage is down and google says it's permanently closed.

it seemed as a restaurant that had their stuff together, but apparently not.

So now we are looking for a place that serves porkribs with crackling with steamed lamb ribs, rutabaga stew, red and green sauerkraut...

an option is Kåre's party bar, but we were looking for more of a restaurant setting :)

Any tips?

Wow, surprised Linda’s has closed. Doesn’t seem that long since they refurbished.

Sorry, can’t help you with Norwegian alternatives just always interested in restaurants opening & closing in Jomtien.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

thanks davidge,

I was surprised as well, because it seemed like a solid place.

my observation is maybe seating 200 people (I seem to remember) and having a focus on Norwegian food, isn't really hitting the target audience in Pattaya.

But I am sad to see they are closed

Been there a long time, I think.

2 hours ago, Raffen said:

Then today when I went to book a table, the webpage is down and google says it's permanently closed.

You might want to give Linda's a call to confirm the restaurant is closed.  It could just be that the Web site has expired.

But if Linda's has closed, you should talk to Viking, the owner of Atlantis Go Go,  about where to get a Norwegian Christmas dinner.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

3 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

You might want to give Linda's a call to confirm the restaurant is closed.  It could just be that the Web site has expired.

But if Linda's has closed, you should talk to Viking, the owner of Atlantis Go Go,  about where to get a Norwegian Christmas dinner.

Evil

Good thinking Evil Penevil, I'll call them a little later in the AM thai time,

But there is this on google as well, so I'm not hopefull.

Anyways, I'll give them a call and report back here :)

lindas.jpg

Linda’s as it was is now under new ownership and is called “A Taste of Norway”. I stopped in this morning while they were preparing to open up, they don’t appear to have a Christmas menu ready yet but the staff suggested contacting the boss for further details.

0c59c934ac708c5e12a354d6d7d3b637.jpg

7a283725eda004ee16295dcd6ad6308b.jpg

3ee4a7b1fadd00d41187b435d65ab3f4.jpg

da1bdb8730134481c62f6351f88102ae.jpg

• Like 2

I can think of a more appealing traditional Norwegian figure than a troll to use as a symbol for the restaurant.

36962-1024.jpg.70131835ba8d9c949136d17713a13e3b.jpg

Saw a great Jerry Lee Lewis impersonator show at Linda's last March. Was hoping to repeat.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

Here’s the Daily Menu:

257E7564-EDAA-42EB-BCAA-B143044B72AB.jpeg

@Raffen They are doing a ‘huge buffet’ with lots of Norwegian Xmas food plus some Thai food on the evening of the 24th December. The cost will be 1190 baht.

Definitely where Linda’s used to be:

55E8B04C-8EC7-430A-8ADB-554550B843D6.jpeg

The former Linda's now A Taste of Norway is open and from what I see when I walk by doing very good business. Then again the Norwegians seem to have arrived in Jomtien in force recently.

I was never a fan of Lindas (no offense intended) but the new place looks identical to the old from here.

Here you go @Raffen :

Det er buffet med ribbe, pølse, medisterkaker, pinnekjøtt og lutefisk, lutefisk må bestilles i forveien. Thaimenyen vil bli litt begrenset. Vi har satt prisen til 1190 thb for buffe. 17.00 er så godt som fullbooket, mens det enda er forholdsvis god plass klokken 20.00.

On 23/11/2019 at 11:14, davidge said:

Here’s the Daily Menu:

257E7564-EDAA-42EB-BCAA-B143044B72AB.jpeg

I know Norwegians are rich but these prices are ridiculous. Good luck for this place.

9 minutes ago, jpmelville said:

I know Norwegians are rich but these prices are ridiculous. Good luck for this place.

Around 300 baht for the main meal of the day really isn’t that bad in Jomtien now,  and includes ice cream & coffee. Significantly cheaper than Linda’s evening offerings used to be. About 50 baht more than the Pig & Whistle across the road but hardly the same clientele. Really depends on how good it is.

I noticed this one under last year's suggestions.  You might want to check if they are doing the same this year. Last year it was about half the price of what  A Taste of Norway is charging this year.

On 21/12/2018 at 13:12, striderman said:

252958092_21dec028(Custom).JPG.08129fb800f59ebb53ebe132cf371c83.JPGat the kings table. in soi 13 opposite the sportsman

223287378_21dec027(Custom).JPG.84f401ce0c409bcb7f91ed4ab80eb120.JPG

Edited by Evil Penevil

It seems odd that a restaurant would target just one nationality for their customers. Times are hard enought without cutting out the other 95% of tourists.

40 minutes ago, chris2004 said:

It seems odd that a restaurant would target just one nationality for their customers. Times are hard enought without cutting out the other 95% of tourists.

I don't think the restaurant is targeting just one nationality;  it is targeting everyone who likes the cuisine of a certain country. Of course it will mainly be Norwegians who visit a restaurant serving Norwegian food, but no nationality is excluded.

There are dozens of restaurants in Pattaya serving British-style pub grub and probably less than five that offer Norwegian food.  There are fewer Norwegians visiting Pattaya than Brits, but the restaurants with Norwegian food on the menu face far less competition.  If a restaurant can build a loyal customer base from one nationality, that's a very positive thing and a big advantage in Pattaya's massively overcrowded restaurant sector.

Evil

• Like 1

18 hours ago, chris2004 said:

If you market it right, it can be a great success. This doesn't happen in one day but it is done 7/365, there is a chance to be a successful. I know a few Finnish places which are marketed only to Finnish people and are success 

Edited by jpmelville

There's a relatively large segment of Scandnavians in Jomtien. Just check out the the many groups of them having coffee mornings on Soi 7. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

• 4 weeks later...

Had breakfast today, seems to me little has changed-breakfast wise- since it was Lindas.

Han small breakfast-2 fried eggs, 2 crispy bacon, some sauté potatoes with onions, orange juice and a mug of tea. Then there is a small help your self buffet style for toast, salad and some sauces/butter/jam. All good value for 115B.

Missus had a Thai curry, which she said was good but pricey at around 200B. Did wait quite a while between ordering and getting the food, despite place being quiet.

Did see an English breakfast for 165B which I try soon.

Passed by last night and was busy.

I have no issue with a restaurant being perceived to  targeting one specific nationality, actually the opposite.

Turkish, Indian, Lebanese etc. is attractive to me, as opposed to say "Ali's" restaurant.,