IGNORED

Non imm o multiple entry London

gungadin

I have always got a non imm o multiple entry,married Thai national,from RTE London.

Have they stopped doing these now?

If so do I need to show funds for single entry?

I have just turned 50 so could apply for retirement visa.Fir this would I need to have 65000 baht in Thai bank or UK every month for how long?

Basically I am going for 6 months and now the multiple entry visa has ended want to know what is the best way to stay 6 months.

What about applying for retirement visa once I arrive?

Need to sort something quickly

Thanks

Can’t help on the Married Visa but you can only get a Non-O ‘for retirement’ from London if you get a State Pension so that would be no good for you.

You could get a Non O-A ‘for retirement’ but that now requires Health Insurance, as well as the other paperwork like Criminal Record check, Health Certificate etc and the equivalent of 800000 baht in a U.K. bank account.

A Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa would give you 60 days, extendable for another 30, then you’d need to leave Thailand and re-enter to get another 60 + 30.

You could enter on a Single Entry Tourist Visa then pay an agent to change it for you to a Non-O for Marriage or Retirement with extension included - gives you 15 months.

(I’m assuming you don’t have the required funds in a Thai bank account to do this legitimately)

Hopefully, someone else will be able to help with info about Married visas.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I found myself in the same position ,I got a six months tourists visa ,cost the same ( now increased to £150 ) 

I am in Thailand 6 months over the winter and there now .I got a 60 day stamp in immigration at BKK and will have to exit and re enter but that's ok as I spend time in Cambodia  

Yes they have stopped issuing the non immigrant 0 visa in London but you can get it in other countries I believe 

7 minutes ago, davidge said:

Can’t help on the Married Visa but you can only get a Non-O ‘for retirement’ from London if you get a State Pension so that would be no good for you.

You could get a Non O-A ‘for retirement’ but that now requires Health Insurance, as well as the other paperwork like Criminal Record check, Health Certificate etc and the equivalent of 800000 baht in a U.K. bank account.

A Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa would give you 60 days, extendable for another 30, then you’d need to leave Thailand and re-enter to get another 60 + 30.

You could enter on a Single Entry Tourist Visa then pay an agent to change it for you to a Non-O for Marriage or Retirement with extension included - gives you 15 months.

(I’m assuming you don’t have the required funds in a Thai bank account to do this legitimately)

Hopefully, someone else will be able to help with info about Married visas.

Thanks for reply

I could put 65000 baht in Thai bank but that would be only 1 month to show as I need visa within a few weeks.

7 minutes ago, worldpunter said:

I found myself in the same position ,I got a six months tourists visa ,cost the same ( now increased to £150 ) 

I am in Thailand 6 months over the winter and there now .I got a 60 day stamp in immigration at BKK and will have to exit and re enter but that's ok as I spend time in Cambodia  

Yes they have stopped issuing the non immigrant 0 visa in London but you can get it in other countries I believe 

Yes I was thinking of doing the tourist visa,but a lot hassle with extensions and visa runs.Cost adds up too

Or getting a single entry non imm o for 3 months and 2 trips to Cambo after for 30 days each.

Could I change a single entry non imm o visa for a retirement visa while in Thailand?

I know someone who does it with no money to in bank show for 12000 baht

14 minutes ago, gungadin said:

Thanks for reply

I could put 65000 baht in Thai bank but that would be only 1 month to show as I need visa within a few weeks.

You’d need 400000 (I think) if you get the Single Entry Married Visa then apply for a 12-month extension towards the end of the 3 months.

Easiest solution is probably METV - unless you want to pay an agent 20-30k.

2 minutes ago, gungadin said:

Yes I was thinking of doing the tourist visa,but a lot hassle with extensions and visa runs.Cost adds up too

Or getting a single entry non imm o for 3 months and 2 trips to Cambo after for 30 days each.

Could I change a single entry non imm o visa for a retirement visa while in Thailand?

I know someone who does it with no money to in bank show for 12000 baht

Our replies crossed. It looks as if you can still get a single entry Non O for marriage in London - but check with the Embassy.

As I said you’d need 400000 to then get an extension, or 800000 for a retirement extension. Yes, an agent will get you an extension without the money. 12k is in the ballpark, though some charge more.

I have never had to show money in bank with a non imm 0 visa ,your wife details should be enough to show 

Just to clarify, if you are going down the agent route (I’m not recommending it) then you could enter on just an SETV. The agent would then change this to a Non-O and get you an Extension so you’d get 15 months in total. Obviously, they would charge more than if you got the Non-O in London and then just paid them for the Extension.

Just now, worldpunter said:

I have never had to show money in bank with a non imm 0 visa ,your wife details should be enough to show 

Yes I was thinking about that.

Now the evisa system it is one of the options on there.Didnt know whether you can get away with not declaring it

Just now, davidge said:

Just to clarify, if you are going down the agent route (I’m not recommending it) then you could enter on just an SETV. The agent would then change this to a Non-O and get you an Extension so you’d get 15 months in total. Obviously, they would charge more than if you got the Non-O in London and then just paid them for the Extension.

Can you still post your passport to London Embassy after application online?

1 minute ago, gungadin said:

Can you still post your passport to London Embassy after application online?

Yes you can 

8 minutes ago, worldpunter said:

In case I was causing confusion, when I talked about money in bank I was referring to getting the Extension in Thailand at the end of the 90 days. 

Does anyone know why London stoped issuing Non imm o multiple entry visas?

5 minutes ago, gungadin said:

Does anyone know why London stoped issuing Non imm o multiple entry visas?

I gave up looking for logic & reasoning behind decisions about Thai Visas some time ago.:rolleyes:

This does force you to have funds in a Thai bank though - or use Agents who line IOs pockets.

Just one more thing on agents, one I know of who are usually among the cheapest charge 21000 for changing a Tourist Visa (or even a visa exempt) into a Non-O plus extension or 12500 just for the Extension if you already have a Non-O. Add about 4000 if you want a Multiple entry permit on top.

Again, I’m not recommending using an agent but I’ve not actually heard of anyone being caught out as a result.

1 hour ago, worldpunter said:

Did you have to show 5000 in UK bank for 6 months when applying online evisa?

Will go for tourist visa less hassle all round providing I don't have to show 5K

Never had to show any funds for non imm o visas in the past.Even though it was a requirement

17 hours ago, gungadin said:

Did you have to show 5000 in UK bank for 6 months when applying online evisa?

Will go for tourist visa less hassle all round providing I don't have to show 5K

Never had to show any funds for non imm o visas in the past.Even though it was a requirement

For a METV, I had to show 6 months bank statements. (September 2019). In theory, they should show £5k at start and end of each month, but mine ranged from £800 to £16k. Visa still issued.

Archived