Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hong Kong Airport to Macau

Explorer8939

I use HKIA as a hub, since flights from the US are often dirt cheap.

Macau is a nice place for a short stopover, so, in the past, I would take the ferry from HKIA. It’s very convenient, since there is no need to go through HK immigration- you transit from the airport to the ferry.

But now the ferry doesn’t run so much as there is now a bus from Hong Kong to Macau.

After you go through Customs and Immigration, you take your bags outside the terminal to the B4 bus stop. The B4 bus costs 7.5 HK dollars. It’s a 10 minute ride to Hong Kong Port. There, you go through HK Immigration (exiting), buy a bus ticket, and then go to the bus. The bus costs 65 HK dollars.

The bus doubles back by the airport, and then goes over the world’s longest bridge. That part takes about 30 minutes.

The bus arrives in Macau at the new terminal. You take your bags into the terminal, through Macau Immigration and then down to a taxi or bus stop.

That is what happens. The problem is if you have a lot of bags, you are screwed, because each step requires you to walk hundreds of yards, and there are no carts outside the airport. The bus terminals are as big as airport terminals, so if you have more bags than you can carry 200 yards, you are in trouble. I was at my max, 3 bags at 70 Lbs, but I could stack them and roll them.

The other gripe is that, although the bridge is right next to the airport, the bus terminal is located some miles in a random direction. So you take a local bus for 10 minutes, and then the bridge bus comes back the same way.

Thanks for the bus info.

I will be visiting Macau again in January after flying into Hong Kong. I usually get the Taipa ferry, or use the mainland ferry as back up if my flights don't match up for the Taipa ferry. Good to know the bus info, might save me sitting around waiting for a ferry one day.

Archived