billybog

money exchange

billybog

Where in pattaya can you get the best exchange rate...normally go to Bangkok when arriving and know a spot on soi 7 Sukimvit that has fantastic rates...any help would be appreciated.

Mr Wombat
1 hour ago, billybog said:

Where in pattaya can you get the best exchange rate...normally go to Bangkok when arriving and know a spot on soi 7 Sukimvit that has fantastic rates...any help would be appreciated.

The bigger exchange places in pattaya all seem to have the same rate. TT is the biggest, they are everywhere

The only place I have found that has a distinctly shittier rate is walking st. Obviously hooking into unsuspecting tourists

fourrings
31 minutes ago, GuyW2A said:

TT Exchange.

https://ttexchange.com/

Bam.

That’s where I go. 

NCWave

Exchange money in PTY is always better than BKK

vlong212
12 hours ago, NCWave said:

Yes, that is totally true. Didn't realize there was such a big difference until my last trip when I exchanged at my usual Bangkok exchange in ruamchitt hotel and saw that us$ to Thai baht was less than 30 where as all the exchanges in Pattaya were above 30.

fishy1

Vasu exchange in bkk is usually the best Rate in sukhumvit area.

fatfrank
20 hours ago, NCWave said:

Wrong not much in it but the good exchanges in Bangkok are better than any in Pattaya

8 hours ago, vlong212 said:

Yes, that is totally true. Didn't realize there was such a big difference until my last trip when I exchanged at my usual Bangkok exchange in ruamchitt hotel and saw that us$ to Thai baht was less than 30 where as all the exchanges in Pattaya were above 30.

hotels anywhere give a shit rate your Pattaya hotel would probably been even worse than the Bangkok one.

vlong212
On 15/11/2019 at 19:26, fatfrank said:

Wrong not much in it but the good exchanges in Bangkok are better than any in Pattaya

hotels anywhere give a shit rate your Pattaya hotel would probably been even worse than the Bangkok one.

Oh, sorry, it's actually not the hotel but the exchange stall connected to hotel. This one stall actually has better rates than all the other exchanges on sukhumvit but still not as good as the ones in Pattaya.

grozzo
45 minutes ago, vlong212 said:

Oh, sorry, it's actually not the hotel but the exchange stall connected to hotel. This one stall actually has better rates than all the other exchanges on sukhumvit but still not as good as the ones in Pattaya.

I've always found them to be the best when I've done my swap..... so you're telling me they're no good now?

Edited by grozzo

vlong212
2 hours ago, grozzo said:

I've always found them to be the best when I've done my swap..... so you're telling me they're no good now?

I find the exchange stall in ruamchitt hotel to be one of the better stalls in the sukhumvit area. As mentioned above, the best one would be vasu exchange but the wait there can be annoying sometimes and I think they're not open on Sundays. However, the exchanges in Pattaya are even better than the ruamchitt exchange stall.

grozzo
8 hours ago, vlong212 said:

I find the exchange stall in ruamchitt hotel to be one of the better stalls in the sukhumvit area. As mentioned above, the best one would be vasu exchange but the wait there can be annoying sometimes and I think they're not open on Sundays. However, the exchanges in Pattaya are even better than the ruamchitt exchange stall.

Good to know thanks.....

johndee

Yes TT is the best in Pattaya but Super Rich in Bangkok gives the best rates and they also have a booth at the airport which should be the same rate as in Bangkok. Never exchange at the other ones at the airport and never exchange at the hotel.

seans

TT is NOT the best in Pattaya.

If you are on 2nd road at central festival and walk towards soi 7 there are 5 Money Exchange booths

1. rubbish rate.

2. Its Me ...either betters or equals TT

3. TT

4. TT

5. Sabai on corner of soi 7. will equal or better TT

It is a short walk between these 5 money booths and worth checking before changing money.

I used to use TT but now I use either ITS Me or SABAI

qqwert

Changed £50 in Swampy and got 18.1B (36.19B per £100) for Taxi

Two hours later TT in Pattaya 38.8B

thinkingallowed
6 minutes ago, qqwert said:

Changed £50 in Swampy and got 18.1B (36.19B per £100) for Taxi

Two hours later TT in Pattaya 38.8B

I would like to offer to change money for you. I guarantee that I can give you more than 38.8 baht for £100. Willing to go to 3000.

qqwert
2 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

I would like to offer to change money for you. I guarantee that I can give you more than 38.8 baht for £100. Willing to go to 3000.

Yes guess they all saw me coming!