QuotaMan

How important is looks to you in a relationship?

QuotaMan

How important is looks to you in a real relationship?

This isn't about looks in terms of barfining but for a serious relationship with a Thai woman.

Reason why I ask is because I've been in contact with several women in anticipation of an upcoming trip. After over a decade of mongering with hot Thai babes, I've become spoiled. And these ladies are not exactly Sapphire material, not even close. They are young though, with no babies. 

Nothing is certain of course until we meet. But they definitely show interest in me by the questions they've been asking me. Have any of you been in a relationship with women that were homely and were her other qualities enough to overlook her physical appearance?

cmw

Look alone are not the most important thing, but there is no way I would be in a relationship with a girl if I was not significantly sexually attracted to her.

QuotaMan

Yes that is a good point.

I'm willing to give some of these girls a chance. Yes they are not ladies I'm immediately attracted to physically as compared to a Facebook picture of a PinUp agogo girl. But at this point of my life I have to be realistic and can't forever be looking for a hottie.

columbus

Not at all as long as she have a good heart ...good job...good money... can take care...looks no problem

I can fuck around when she working

Edited by columbus

cockney_fozz

I will take ugly, beggars can't be choosers, anybody give me 50 bhat?

2dave
1 hour ago, cmw said:

Look alone are not the most important thing, but there is no way I would be in a relationship with a girl if I was not significantly sexually attracted to her.

My current partner is in no way a 10 or close to it in looks but she has a heart of gold and takes care of me better than anyone I have known. She would give the world for me.

I always let the girl choose me when I party and have never missed out yet

LeoTex

I just take a look in the mirror in the hotel room before going out.

I say to myself, " I look good enough for whatever relationship come my when out on the hunt tonight"

If I get an yes on my barfine offer or better yet I fine one that picks me, I know I still have what it takes.

LeoTex

Whooah

I agree that sexual attraction is a must however everyone loses looks to some degree as we age.

OP, seems you are attracted to these ladies, so looks are good enough if they have caring heart for you!

Sacrilicious
3 hours ago, QuotaMan said:

Have any of you been in a relationship with women that were homely and were her other qualities enough to overlook her physical appearance?

Yes, and to be perfectly honest, that one was the best relationships I've had.

I haven't had many serious relationships in my life. But of those very few, the ones where my first attraction was pure looks I have zero regrets it ended. Those cunts can rot in hell for all I care. The one relationship I can look back at and remember it fondly, was one with a girl who wasn't the prettiest (nor the ugliest), but she'd go through hell and back for me. In fact, I would say she did. After a personal tragedy, I got into a big depression and made not only my own life a living hell, but hers as well. She stuck it out with me and is probably the reason I got out of it. To this day, I can't say for sure if I would've had the strength to do the same.

Since then, looks have always come on a distant second place for me where serious relationships are concerned. Not saying it's not important, but nowhere near as important as I used to think.

Also, I would never be able to start anything serious with a bar/gogo girl. Nor would I be able to have a serious relationship with someone who hasn't had at least some form of education beyond middle-school. A fling? Sure. Anything serious? Fuck no. There has to be at least a semblance of a mental equilibrium for it to last.

bukone

Looks mean nothing, if you want to live with someone for ever the most important thing is that you get on with each other really well.

I’ve met girls when I was single who were very pretty but I had nothing in common with them or were straight up bitches.

Edited by bukone

Jes_92

In a monogamous relationship it's important, because you're with them for a long time. If it's just for sex then it doesn't matter as much, but I don't think you can really love someone if you're not attracted to them. However, and this may sound awful, I'm more easily attracted to Asian girls than I am to White girls. So I would be less picky with them. I have no idea why this is, but I can't help it. It has nothing to do with personality either, just purely physical attraction. It's one of the many reasons I go to Thailand. But I guess everyone has their own preferences.

duffMaster

Looks is one of the largest factors when you first become attracted to her .. In a relationship looks is important to an extent, but it do become less important with time compared to when you first met her.

Let’s face it , if you are only interested in looks , your relationships will be very short as it’s based on being superficial. Successful relationships are based on more than looks. 

Edited by duffMaster

INTJ_Cynic
6 hours ago, QuotaMan said:

This isn't about looks in terms of barfining but for a serious relationship with a Thai woman.

Reason why I ask is because I've been in contact with several women in anticipation of an upcoming trip. After over a decade of mongering with hot Thai babes, I've become spoiled. And these ladies are not exactly Sapphire material, not even close. They are young though, with no babies. 

Nothing is certain of course until we meet. But they definitely show interest in me by the questions they've been asking me. Have any of you been in a relationship with women that were homely and were her other qualities enough to overlook her physical appearance?

I cannot imagine wanting to ever be in a real relationship anyway (ewwwww...yuck...no thanks) but if I was I wouldn't want to be with someone I considered unattractive. That just makes no sense. Looks are far from the only thing but why spend a good chunk of your life with someone whom you have no physical Desire for at all because they aren't pretty enough to you?

If you want a serious relationship and are potentially willing to sacrifice in the way of standards for attractiveness in order to get it then why go to Thailand at all? Surely there plenty of average-looking women in the US who--while not 9s or 10s and not in their teens or twenties--would be willing to be in a relationship? It seems to me that one of the main points of going to another country with a lower income and standard of living is to pull women that are otherwise out of our leagues; if you are amenable to dating women who are merely your equals in looks then why not do it at home?

Also, how do you know they are actually showing interest in you vs secretly only wanting your money or trying to get a green card? Women can be very skilled at deception and hiding their true intent.

Finally, what other qualities do these women have that would make them better than their average-looking or equally homely Western counterparts? They don't share your culture or your background and they almost certainly do not speak English as a native language so again, if you are willing to compromise on looks then why not settle for a local women rather than trying to date one from another country?

Edited by INTJ_Cynic

KhunChang
6 hours ago, cmw said:

Can't say better, especially if you live in Thailand or even worse in Pattaya.

Spoke with a 22 yo lady last time who was living with a farang and broke up because after few month the guy started to go back Soi 6 for once in a while first and then almost everyday.

Of course look and wonderful sex won't be enough for a lasting relationship but for me they must be here.

However, I have friends who have a very different approach and need first an intelluctual bond with the girl. Of course they look for a partner in our home country and are absolutely not interested in Thailand and Thai girls.

Edited by KhunChang

Mr_wimpy

My gran was an amazing woman, loved her to bits.  She constantly used to tell me looks don’t matter, find a girl with a good heart regardless of her looks.  My grandad always used to take me to one side and said don’t listen to that bollocks, find a one that’s good looking AND has a good heart.

Cerberus
9 hours ago, QuotaMan said:

Being in a relationship with a Thai lady now entering its 17th year, you may appreciate  why I am reluctant to add anything to the thread :Evil_Grin2::Surrender1:

QuotaMan

All good points.

But sorry I have zero chances to hook up in the U.S. 

If I thought it got worse in Thailand as I got older, it's ten fold times worse in the U.S. No joke, I can open up any online profile and will be zero hits from anyone in the country. The only hits I get are from Russian scammers desperate to come to the U.S. And this was even when I was in my late 20's.

At least in Thailand I got a chance to be with some woman. Certainly I no longer get much interest from regular Thai women like I used to ten years ago, but once in a while you get a hit from someone young and looks to have a good heart.

Yes, there could be ulterior motives for younger women willing to be with older men, but that applies to any country and I can't have any illusions about that.

I'm not saying these women are butt ugly but after a decade of bedding some of the hottest young Thai women in Thailand, it's easy to be spoiled. I suppose you sometimes have to take a risk. That's what having a mia noi is for, I guess.

per anum

Obviously looks are the lowest possible denominator and personal specifications need to be met to get her through the door..........

But thereafter, its a entire different set of qualities that are needed.

So yes, looks are a first cut for most of us!!

momo5
1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

Being in a relationship with a Thai lady now entering its 17th year, you may appreciate  why I am reluctant to add anything to the thread :Evil_Grin2::Surrender1:

Your relationship is admirable and your position understandable.  Well done. 

MrJ200

When you've been here a while you want to avoid the 'princesses' for girlfriend material. Absolute ballache 

Old Scratch
6 hours ago, duffMaster said:

Looks is one of the largest factors when you first become attracted to her .. In a relationship looks is important to an extent, but it do become less important with time compared to when you first met her.

Let’s face it , if you are only interested in looks , your relationships will be very short as it’s based on being superficial. Successful relationships are based on more than looks. 

You know, this advice is very "common sense".  I am sure everyone will agree with it.

Except me! lol

I have had a live-in full time girlfriend for several years now.  She is smoking hot and I would probably never date anyone who wasn't.  I am much more picky about a girlfriend than a ST, too.  She has a lot of drawbacks.  We don't have much in common and there is a huge language barrier, still.  Other than sex and an occasional movie, we don't do anything together, really.  We work out separately, eat separately, don't intertwine in bed...we really aren't what you would predict to be a long lasting couple.

But her attractiveness (to me) is still a huge factor, even many years in, despite all that "What to look for in a partner" advice I received over the years.  I boom-boom her every day unless she's sick or has mens.  I find her as attractive now as I did years ago.  Maybe more so since I got her working out and a new hair style.

I don't know if it's going to be a life-long thing.  But it's lasted far longer than any of my "normal" relationships.

Maybe I am just super shallow or immature or something.  That's what people in the west would probably say?  But it's working for me so fuck em ;)

Edited by Old Scratch

Mr Wombat

Money number one.

If she is rich... I dont care if she is fat, smelly, old, sweaty, balding, wears chang vests or flip flops.

It's all about the baht

joe1213

If a lady wants me to give her some TLC for a ST it would be rude to refuse, after all even the fuglies want sex too.

ex-pat

I don't like stunners - avoid them. Generally they are too full of themselves and unappreciative. I look for pleasant appearing women, which has something to do with facial features including symmetry, etc. but it's more a question of expression, the "look on her face" rather than the face itself. Also, good skin texture, firm boobs, no cellulite or major baby damage does more for me than a beautiful face. Lack of those would be a LLT/relationship deal breaker for me.

duffMaster
6 hours ago, Old Scratch said:

You know, this advice is very "common sense".  I am sure everyone will agree with it.

Except me! lol

I have had a live-in full time girlfriend for several years now.  She is smoking hot and I would probably never date anyone who wasn't.  I am much more picky about a girlfriend than a ST, too.  She has a lot of drawbacks.  We don't have much in common and there is a huge language barrier, still.  Other than sex and an occasional movie, we don't do anything together, really.  We work out separately, eat separately, don't intertwine in bed...we really aren't what you would predict to be a long lasting couple.

But her attractiveness (to me) is still a huge factor, even many years in, despite all that "What to look for in a partner" advice I received over the years.  I boom-boom her every day unless she's sick or has mens.  I find her as attractive now as I did years ago.  Maybe more so since I got her working out and a new hair style.

I don't know if it's going to be a life-long thing.  But it's lasted far longer than any of my "normal" relationships.

Maybe I am just super shallow or immature or something.  That's what people in the west would probably say?  But it's working for me so fuck em ;)

Up to you but it really doesn’t sound like a real relationship, more like an arrangement.