IGNORED

Comments on Air China business class PEK-BKK?

The Blue-Eyed Sheikh

So Air China has some attractive business class fares from Canada to Bangkok for flights in March right now. I have flown trans-Pacific in their business class, and thought it was pretty good, but I have no idea what the PEK-BKK leg is like. 

Obviously, it’s business class, so it’s not going to be horrible, but I’d be interested to hear if any BMs have flown it. 

TB-ES. 

Air China are offering very competitive fares on the LHR-BKK route as well (via PEK) but I am very reluctant to try them. Seem to be mixed reviews. I did mention them in my Business Class Fare Offers thread and got a partly positive response to using them.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

4 minutes ago, davidge said:

Air China are offering very competitive fares on the LHR-BKK route as well (via PEK) but I am very reluctant to try them. Seem to be mixed reviews. I did mention them in my Business Class Fare Offers thread and got a partly positive response to using them.

I flew them in business class (as part of a fairly circuitous award touting) LAX-PEK on the 777 a few years ago. Service was indifferent, food decent enough, and I liked the seat. 

Was wondering what business class was like on the A320, which appears to be what they’re flying BKK-PEK. 

TB-ES

On internal flights flights and on inter Asia routes i have found that China Eastern, China Southern and Hainan have all been superior to Air China ( at least in premium classes ) and often cheaper too. Most Air China Business class flights are 2-2 or 2-2-2 depending on the plane / route so are less perfect for the solo traveler. 

Air China are pricing quite aggressively on international routes at the moment ( sub £1500 LHR-BKK ) but if Gulf / Oman are offering similar prices for your dates i would choose them first due to direct aisle access and a shorter time in the air

On 18/11/2019 at 09:08, neilri2001 said:

On internal flights flights and on inter Asia routes i have found that China Eastern, China Southern and Hainan have all been superior to Air China ( at least in premium classes ) and often cheaper too. Most Air China Business class flights are 2-2 or 2-2-2 depending on the plane / route so are less perfect for the solo traveler. 

Air China are pricing quite aggressively on international routes at the moment ( sub £1500 LHR-BKK ) but if Gulf / Oman are offering similar prices for your dates i would choose them first due to direct aisle access and a shorter time in the air

Kind of a Star Alliance captive, at least until the downfall of the frequent flyer programs is complete. 

Plus, I’m sure Gulf & Oman are great if you’re in Europe, but flying from western Canada, you’re pretty much captive to the Asian airlines. EVA through Taipei is probably the most direct from where I live, but they’re asking around C$1300 more than Air China for their business class on the same dates. (Actually, AC / NH would be most direct (2 rather than 3 flights), but cost prohibitive).

TB-ES

Archived