Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Asian Airline Frequent Flyer Program

Explorer8939

I have been in United Mileageplus for many years, but they are changing the rules in 2020, and I am looking for another airline FF program. Specifically, I want one that will give me Gold Status for flying 50,000 miles, like United used to.

Anyone here sign up with Thai or EVA or Asiana? 

1 minute ago, Ru4Real said:

Yes but don't fly enough, stuck at Silver for years. For gold:  https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/rop/Status_Benefits/BenefitStatus-03-gold.page

Yeah, I saw that, didn’t understand it. I am hoping that miles on Star Alliance partners counts towards Gold status, because Thai doesn’t fly to the USA.

2 minutes ago, Explorer8939 said:

Yeah, I saw that, didn’t understand it. I am hoping that miles on Star Alliance partners counts towards Gold status, because Thai doesn’t fly to the USA.

If you use your ROP number when you book flights with any Star Alliance partner then you’ll get the points.

I don’t fly enough to get very much out of it but flying Biz with Thai or Eva between UK and BKK has got me a couple of nights in a Bangkok hotel, a domestic flight to Udon (for a friend) and a flight between Dhaka and Bangkok for another friend.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

15 minutes ago, Explorer8939 said:

As davidge said, yes they do. You get:

Class of Service Actual Miles Flown
First Class 150%
Business Class 125%
Economy Class 100%

https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/rop/Earning_Miles/EarningMiles-OnStarAlliance.page

I use KrisFlyer (Singapore Airlines) myself, although that may change in the next year. They do give *G for 50K miles, but the earning rates on most economy flights have been cut. Be careful and look at the earning chart before booking your flights if you decide to go with them. 

TB-ES

Since I will hit my 75K miles for United Platinum this week, I will enroll in ROP ASAP, as I have a series of Thai Smile flights coming up, so I can start accumulating miles under Thai ROP rather than United. Extra miles don't do me any good once I hit 75K under Mileage plus.

I joined Thai ROP, and will use it for flights within Thailand where my current Star Alliance Gold status has little value.

Archived